<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

I've just ordered the steyr hunting 5 scout auto QF

October 8 2017 at 10:03 PM
Scott Blair  (Login scottblair1218)
YF12

Hi guys, I'd like to hear the opinion of people who actually own one of these guns about how loud it is. All of my PCP's have shrouds or LDC's, but I am not going to add anything to this rifle that would lengthen it. I also don't really need it to be quiet. Please let me know what you think about how loud it is.
Thanks, Scott

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Erik
(Login groennmonk)
YF

Re: I've just ordered the steyr hunting 5 scout auto QF

October 9 2017, 3:27 AM 

Great choice! What caliber and power output did you order?

I have a H5A Scout in .177 (set at 20 fpe w/ JSB 13.43gr) and it is loud. With the OEM Steyr "LDC" adapter and the A-Tec .17HMR "LDC" it is very quiet and much more enjoyable.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
Cheng
(Login chenglo1)
YC

Nice wood!

October 12 2017, 10:57 PM 

Better let the cat out of the bag! Where can i get a stock like That for my H5!!!

Feel free to email as i dont come around aa much anymore

chenglo11@gmail.com

Yes, the h5 without suppression is loud. If tgat dont matter, dont add anything

Respond to this message   
Scott Blair
(Login scottblair1218)
YF12

I've just ordered the steyr hunting 5 scout auto QF

October 9 2017, 7:09 AM 

Hi Eric,
I have the .22 cal 40 joule on the way.
All of my PCP's are super quiet with full length shrouds, but I hate ldc's hanging out on the end of the barrel. And I like the carbine length which is why I ordered the scout.
I can shoot PB's anytime I want on my property, because I live in the boonies surrounded by very large tracks of forest, so no noise restrictions here.
So I'm ok having one loud PCP. I've been told by several people that it's loud, but not like .22 rimfire loud. So just wanted to hear some more opinions by owners.
Would you agree with the rimfire comparison above or not?
If I don't like the noise I guess I could have a full shroud made, and add about 3" to the OA length. I kinda have always liked the bull barrel look of the shrouds, but I love the short carbines.

Thanks for your quick response, and beautiful Rifle you have there BTW.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(Login Buzzurd5)
AR&P

Steyr loudness

October 9 2017, 8:49 AM 

Hi Scott, I don't have the hunting 5, but my LG 110 .22 is really loud. Maybe like a .22 short, but not that rolling report that a .22 long rifle has. Have you seen the video of the Steyr guy shooting clay pigeons out of the air with that rifle?

Respond to this message   
Scott Blair
(Login scottblair1218)
YF12

Steyr hunting 5 auto scout

October 9 2017, 1:48 PM 

Thanks for the feedback Dave. Not exactly a Apple's for apples comparison, but I get your point.
Yes I have seen the clay pigeon video, he's the CEO and chief designer for Steyr. Pretty impressive shooting for sure.

Respond to this message   
John
(Login JOHNSAIRMADNESS)
YC

I had one

October 9 2017, 3:18 PM 

It was extremely loud at 900fps. To loud for me. I had a shroud made for it and kept it around 38". It did affect the accuracy some. I ended up selling it. It was a massive pellet eater.

Respond to this message   
Scott Blair
(Login scottblair1218)
YF12

Steyr hunting 5 auto scout, how loud?

October 10 2017, 8:01 AM 

Thanks for your feedback John. I quess so far the verdict is pretty loud. I will have to see if it will be satisfactory for me, or if I install a full shroud to tame it a little. I'm not looking for super quiet, I already have that in all of my current PCP's. Just hoping for something quite a bit less than .22 rimfire.

Any more comments from actual owners would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much to everyone so far who have chimed in.
Scott

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.