<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Has any of you

October 9 2017 at 9:24 AM
Josh3rd  (Login josh3rd)
YF12

put different open sights on your RWS 54's, 52's or 48's? If so, what kinds/types, how and what did you do and how is it working out for you?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Roy Kasten
(Login bearcub5)
YC

Try a red dot

October 9 2017, 2:07 PM 

Try a red dot sight , I have a problem with iron sights and glasses now that I'm older. The red dot is faster and having a single dot to concentrate on is much simpler than iron sights.
I was surprised to see that a cheap BSA redox has stood up to hundreds of rounds in my model 52 with stock spring inside.
Try one you might just get used to it...

Roy K

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

I actually gave thought of that

October 9 2017, 8:27 PM 

but I worry that the dot will be too big for accurate shooting at longer distances

Respond to this message   
Sid
(Login Firstairgunin1950)
YF12

Re: Has any of you

October 9 2017, 5:01 PM 

I have a 48. Had the manufacturer (Diana) used the 350 iron sights on the side lever rifle, there would be little to complain. The 48 sights can best be described as "blunt" - not fit for precision shooting. I am waiting callback from Williams Gun Sight Company to see what peep sight options are available for the 48.

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

Sid please keep me informed. My info is

October 9 2017, 8:29 PM 

jwsmith3rd@yahoo.com
610-470-7373
484-318-6227

Respond to this message   
Roy
(Login homology)
YC

Wouldn't recommend a Williams on a 54

October 10 2017, 1:09 AM 

Those tiny screws giving side pressure aren't strong enough to handle the forward recoil. In my case the sight backed out after less than a hundred shots. After I secured them again the elevation adjusting screw quite literally fell off in the middle of a shooting session. At that point I gave up. If you must put an aperture, it's best to look for something sturdier than a Williams sight but those tend to be rather expensive.
I think with a full power 54 it's best to get BKL mounts and a bomb-proof scope and hope for the best, or else stick to the factory sights.
BTW, I assumed you meant iron sights including apertures when you said open sights, because if you really mean open sights the factory sights are more than adequate.

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

My factory sights

October 10 2017, 7:48 AM 

well during a shooting session one of the ball bearings that are under the elevation screw that allows it to quick fell out and got lost. I don't know if you ever seen one of them but they are so tiny that finding it was harder than finding a needle in a haystack. And then my elevation screw since I had barrel droop was almost all the way out of it screw hole and upon shooting it again during the session that fell out along with the last ball bearing so now I just have a site that just sits up there and flops around so that's why I am looking for a peep sight of some sort. I would love to have something like the RWS 350 has on it or like the HW rifles. Plus I don't like that very tall and thick front sight post

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.