<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Have I been scammed...

October 9 2017 at 10:57 AM
brian  (Login bf1956)
YF12

Paypaled for air rifle. Should have been here Saturday, nope. Email on Sunday and gets back right away stating hasn't had time to ship. No more follow up, Won't respond to my emails or phone calls. now what do I do?

AuthorReply
Robert
(Login BigTinBoat)
YF12

you can start by filing a claim with Paypal.......

October 9 2017, 11:21 AM 

I'm hoping you didn't fall for the F&F option, you paid as goods, right? If not you could be SOL.

brian
(Login bf1956)
YF12

Yup I did...

October 9 2017, 11:41 AM 

My friend informed this morning that I am probably SOL like you say.

db
(Login Diamondback)
YC

Friends & Family payment can be reversed by your credit card company

October 9 2017, 11:54 AM 

Possibly by your bank if you linked a bank account or pulled the funds from a bank account.

I recently bought a SWFA scope from a great Yellow member & paid using Paypal friends & family.

USPS showed it as delivered but it wasn't at my "front porch" like USPS tracking said online (I don't have a front porch).

I realized it had probably been left at a house that is on a closely named street with the same number address that's a couple of miles away, so I drove over & there was my scope on their front porch!

Then I started thinking...what if I hadn't figured it out & didn't go get my scope?

I had paid by friends & family, so my only recourse would have been to work something out with the seller (even though it wasn't his fault), or contact the credit card company I had linked to my Paypal account & get a chargeback thru them.

I don't think friends & family is a good idea for purchases, no matter who you are buying from.

For $4 extra bucks per hundred dollars, buy the transaction protection.

This message has been edited by Diamondback on Oct 9, 2017 11:57 AM

Rick
(Login pluric)
YF12

scope pick up

October 9 2017, 11:58 AM 

With people regularly stealing packages off porches I'm glad you didn't
get busted for stealing your own package. wink.gif

db
(Login Diamondback)
YC

True. I rang the bell but no one lives there now

October 9 2017, 12:08 PM 

turns out it's being repaired for a mold problem, so insurance has them living in a condo during the repair.

I saw a neighbor watching me, so I drove over & introduced myself, then showed her my package, my id, & explained what had happened.

She was angrier about it than I was (I was just happy I'd figured it out...& surprised...it was 5:30 on a Friday so I might not have talked to anyone at the PO about it until Monday) & she promised to let the postman have it when she saw him. Turned out the postman was a temp filling in.

This message has been edited by Diamondback on Oct 9, 2017 12:11 PM

peterdulux
(Login peterdulux)
YF12

Re: Have I been scammed...

October 9 2017, 12:06 PM 

what forum did you get scammed from?

brian
(Login bf1956)
YF12

right here.

October 9 2017, 12:20 PM 

Robert
(Login BigTinBoat)
YF12

right here..............notify Steve......n/t

October 9 2017, 2:02 PM 

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.