<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

JM kits

October 9 2017 at 9:51 PM
Josh3rd  (Login josh3rd)
YF12

Does anyone know if when JM makes his kits does he make the fitted spring guide for each spring in the kits or are they just a generic fit?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mark N
(Login MarkinJHawkland)
YF

Ask him

October 9 2017, 10:00 PM 

Question: if 5 people said 'yes' and 5 people said 'no' and 5 people said 'don't know' would you buy one?

I personally have spares of JM kits for my favorite guns because nothing is forever.

I've tried other kits and they do improve but JM is best quality IMHO.

Mark N

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

Is he pretty cool

October 9 2017, 10:14 PM 

to talk too? Like say for example that I wasn't sure about what I was looking for what I wanted and I propose these questions to him. I am wondering if he is pretty easy to talk to and with.

Respond to this message   
Mark N
(Login MarkinJHawkland)
YF

My personal experience

October 9 2017, 10:20 PM 

is that he is short but to the point and fair. Send an email to ask about your particular situation.

Again I wouldn't trade his kits for any others and you can't buy mine happy.gif

YMMV. HTH,
Mark N

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

Good deal Mark. Nt

October 10 2017, 7:32 AM 

Respond to this message   
Ed Krzynowek
(Login ekmeister1)
YF12

I Won't Answer for Him, but...

October 9 2017, 10:50 PM 

In years of experience with working using his springs, the ones he makes in the same batch (he typically makes a lot of them at a time from what he's written other places) are so-close in size that he could easily make all the guides the exact same size and the kits would still come out just right. In other words, you may call that a 'generic fit', but I trust them enough to call them a custom fit. Going further, the springs made in successive batches are usually so close in size to previous batches of the same type of spring that you probably wouldn't notice a difference between them, either. Besides, varying the guide size by a couple of thou. doesn't really matter much when it comes to performance in the real world.

If he corrects me in any way, I apologize in advance.

Since you asked, JM's answers are usually brief and to the point, but you'll get an answer. Don't push if he doesn't elaborate--he gets a ton of questions.

Safe and Happy Shooting!

Ed Krzynowek, The Airgun Tune-Meister

"We can rebuild the squirrel. Make him stronger, faster...We have the technology"---Skyler M.

This message has been edited by ekmeister1 on Oct 10, 2017 5:41 PM

Respond to this message   
Klentz
(Login klentz)
AR&P

JM (Mr. Jim Maccari) has been serving the Airgun community for decades

October 9 2017, 11:38 PM 

He has been a USA distributor for multiple manufacturers, a consultant for many manufacturers, was an Airgun tuner extrodinair for many oversees Airguns and now provides parts and kits from his massive machine shop that keeps many Airguns alive that would be obsolete without his parts and support.

Nonetheless with his extensive knowledge and background he is still approachable if you are clear and concise with your questions and have patience for a response. Bear in mind that he's not like a FORUM and you shouldn't expect a back and forth dialogue like you enjoy here on the YELLOW FORUM.

Ask your question(s) once and in my experience he unselfishly shares his knowledge and insight but is decades beyond having the desire or time for idle banter with those of us that think we know more about Airguns because we read a lot about them on the internet vs. actually being inside many Airguns alongside witnessing firsthand the history of manufacturing and in some cases playing a key role in manufacturers decisions in the evolution/improvements of Airgun models.

ps-Josh, I think you would be better served if you spent more time shooting your guns than typing on your computer. This is meant in a very respectful tone and demeanor. Blessings

This message has been edited by klentz on Oct 9, 2017 11:49 PM

Respond to this message   

Jesse
(Login boscoebrea)
AR&P

agreed,he is the best,agreed "just do it"...nt

October 10 2017, 4:54 AM 

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

Klentz i didn't take it in a disrespectful tone

October 10 2017, 7:41 AM 

but I wouldn't be typing if PA just hurt us the heck up and get my baby back to me, lol. I just Also hate being indecisive as to what direction to go once I get some coin in my pocket. I have other financial obligations to attend to first before I can do anything else but once they are taken care of, I want to be prepared to act on a decision based on members experience and knowledge in a timely manner.

Thanks for your input. Greatly appreciated

Respond to this message   
FourRings
(Login FourRings)
YC

Good to see you posting Kevin

October 10 2017, 9:36 AM 

Respond to this message   
k
(Login klentz)
AR&P

Hey Mike! Hope all is well with you. nt

October 10 2017, 12:18 PM 

Respond to this message   
doug phillips
(Login jdphill)
YF

Hey Kevin!---Good to hear from you---

October 10 2017, 2:07 PM 

It's always heart warming to hear from old friends. New friends are great, but the old time friends have so much more to share.
doug,P.
History IS the Preview of the Future, don't forget Any!
http://www.DamagedWoodStocks.Info
doug,P.

Respond to this message   
k
(Login klentz)
AR&P

Hi Doug! Always nice to see you here. All the best. nt

October 12 2017, 11:48 AM 

Respond to this message   

Jason W Garvin
(Login jason_garvin)
YF12

Re: JM kits

October 10 2017, 7:35 PM 

Each of the JM kits I have purchased are good. And his springs are nailed on the guides.

If you plan on doing the work yourself, I would recommend doing a tear down, polish and re-lube before kitting. My first TX is still sitting stock and I have an ARH kit waiting in the box for it. Tore mine down, polished the spring ends, addressed the sharp spring ends that have been noted to break off, and re-assembled with Euro Tar. It has been buttery smooth, small SD on velocity and accurate. I cannot get myself to tear it back down. It just shoots that good.

The trigger sear had a rough spot that I sanded off without taking the trigger down, adjusted the trigger out of the rifle also. I also added Mil spec breech seals.

The Air Arms spring in mine looks to be better quality than HW OEM. And sure acts like it.

My understanding is the Pro Sport even has extra bearings and polish work done.

Just my thoughts,

🎯

Jason G

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

Damn thats i will do. NT

October 10 2017, 10:20 PM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.