<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

.25 Marauder? For Dutch???

October 10 2017 at 9:44 PM

Dutch  (Login Dutch.22)
AR&P

I think I would like to play with .25 caliber. But I can't justify spending 1700 bucks on a gun in .25. But I could justify it on a .25 Marauder. Its economical. I ain't afraid to take one down and reseal it if need be.

Who has a .25 marauder and wants to tell me about it...please share.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

daveshoot
(Login daveshoot)
AR&P

Here ya go

October 10 2017, 10:11 PM 

I have the Gen 2 Synthetic. It's good. Get the 25.xx grain JSB Kings.

You can tweak the trigger and the tuning adjustments like any other Marauder, but it is pretty ok right out of the box. Powerful, quiet, and accurate.

It is as heavy as any other Marauder, but if that's not an issue, it is an excellent value in my opinion and practice.

Respond to this message   
Mark
(Login mobilemail)
YF12

I have one...

October 11 2017, 7:44 AM 

You can shoot it, but you can't have it! happy.gif

The .25 Marauder is, in my opinion, one of the best returns on the dollar in the airgun world. They aren't expensive (in airgun terms) but they are very accurate and quite simple to maintain, with a sufficient punch. That said, they can be made much more efficient than they come out of the box. The "FFH" free flight hammer you often see here on yellow is one way, and there are a few other variations of this same idea. In fact, Joe Brancato will sell a new marauder with one of these super-efficient hammer systems installed.

Call me if you want to talk more about it, or if you get one and want to perforate something.

Respond to this message   
Guldam
(Login guldam)
YF12

I have one

October 13 2017, 11:35 AM 

I just got a first generation .25 Mrod and I love it. It’s accurate, reasonably powerfully. I used it a week and decided to ship it to Travis Whitney to have him install his new super valve and tune it for super efficiency. Up next I’d like to swap out the stock for one a little less blocky. Yeah I’m working on refining the 350 Chevy of AirGuns. But don’t get me wrong, completely stock it’s a great air rifle!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.