<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

what do you guys use for a scope on your fwb 300s

October 11 2017 at 8:09 PM
ed  (Login edwierd)
YF

I have one that came with no sights and want to scope it. I was looking at the bug buster compact and leapers 30mm compact. don't know if the 300 is hard on scopes since the action slides. I want one that wont fall apart in the near future. definately want a compact so I can load easily. only really interested in conventional scopes. no red dots and don't care if it lights up or not. thanks for replies in advance

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Joe Wayne Rhea
(Login JoeWayneRhea)
YF12

The FWB is VERY easy in scopes !

October 11 2017, 8:21 PM 

Most of the scopes ive used aren't " springer rated " and have never had one fail on a 300s . And I swap scopes about once a month happy.gif For around the same money I'd look at the Hawke vantage line

Respond to this message   

Yrrah
(Login Yrrah)
YF

Mine has a Leupold EFR 3-9 that is small and light. 10 years old now. But what Joe

October 11 2017, 8:34 PM 

writes suggests a cheaper scope will do the job.
I have a Hawke .22 WMR which has beautifully clear glass, a little dearer than what Joe suggests. It too would suit very well on the 300S. Kind regards, Harry.

Respond to this message   
Paul in Zhills
(Login jps2486)
YF

I have these

October 11 2017, 8:35 PM 

A BugBuster on my mini and a Mueller 8-32X44 target dot on my FWB300S. I'm thinking of swapping them. Had no problems with either.

Respond to this message   

TMurray
(Login bustachip)
YF12

Not a FWB 300, but a 10M rifle just the same....

October 11 2017, 10:06 PM 

here's what I bought "per" several recommendations, and I love it! Awesome little
scope for the money $150, target dot reticle for precise shooting. Nikon 3-9-40 EFR
AO to below 10 yards, I think mine goes down to 7 yards on 9 power, a little closer
on lower powers.

mounted on my Diana 75

6y321xtl.jpg

The glass is close to my Sightrons to my eyes. I also removed that EFR sticker on
the back, I think it looks better without it.

Ya can't go wrong with this scope, and if for some reason it's not for you, they'll
resale fast.

TMurray

Respond to this message   

db
(Login Diamondback)
YC

6x BugBuster on my "Beater" Mini, 5-15x40 Bushnell Legend on my 300SU (Edited)

October 11 2017, 10:29 PM 

I plan to replace the 6x BugBuster as I can't really see wine corks very clearly at 50 yards with it. I must say, it's perfect for indoors, & very nice for outside out to about 35-40 yards. Since my "Beater" didn't come with sights, the BugBuster really came in handy.

The Legend on my hot shooting 300SU is nice, but I find the reticle a little too thick.

I think I'd prefer an older Leapers / Center Point 3-9x32 that still focuses down to 5 yards over the 6x BugBuster for my "Beater" mini 300S Match, & maybe one of my MTC Mamba Lite scopes, or maybe one of my SWFA 10x scopes, for the hot shooting 300S Universal (does a fair bit over 700 fps as received from Jim Edmondson).

This message has been edited by Diamondback on Oct 15, 2017 2:10 AM

Respond to this message   
Frank Alessio
(Login fsa70)
YF12

Hawke Airmax

October 12 2017, 6:23 AM 

I use the Hawke Airmax 4-12x40 AMX on all 5 of my FWB 300 springers. Really like the fine AMX crosshairs for these accurate shooters.

https://us.hawkeoptics.com/airmax-4-12x40-amx.html

Respond to this message   
MikefromMidland
(Select Login MScottLeeman)
YF12

I agree on the Airmax,I use a 3-9x40 on my Diana 75. Love the fine retical.

October 12 2017, 8:22 AM 

Respond to this message   
Montivagant
(Login Montivigant)
YF12

SWFA 10x42 MMQ

October 12 2017, 1:53 PM 

in offset BKL-302 30mm rings. The offset rings allow for placing the scope objective bell forward of the breech. Have the prototype of Hector's Nautilus side wheels on the optic to shoot OFT. It melds nicely....

Respond to this message   
ed
(Login edwierd)
YF

thank you guys

October 12 2017, 7:19 PM 

it looks like I have more options than I thought.right now I have a centerpoint on it but it all but covers the loading area. take care

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.