<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Today's Session (10/11) P17 and Daisy 953

October 12 2017 at 12:29 AM
bReTt  (Login CBPeter)
YC

More P17 shots. 15 feet with JSb 8.4 gr pellets, standing off hand (two hands). < I hope that is how it is actually called???

No sighters, just straight to shooting since it was sighted for these pellets and distance last time (yesterday). That is a paintball in the middle just for a reference to size.

[linked image]

This is the same shooting at above except with the Daisy 953 at 20 yards, rested and shooting JSB 7.3 gr pellets. I feel this rifle will do better than this. I cleaned the barrel AFTER shooting this. I hope to do this again tomorrow with the cleaned barrel and see if there is any improvement. It has a Beeman Blue Ribbon 2-7x scope on it on 7x.

[linked image]

[linked image]
Brett

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

I think that's pretty good for a daisy

October 12 2017, 12:34 AM 

I just never heard of one like that. Are they known for good accura? For what it's worth I think it looks pretty awesome.

Respond to this message   
bReTt
(Login CBPeter)
YC

Thanks Josh!

October 12 2017, 12:43 AM 

Yes, they are know for accuracy. More so on the 853 and 753 models. Those are supposed to have a LW barrel on them from what I understand. The 953, the one that I have, is the more entry level model and doesn't have the LW barrel on it. I recently bought this one used off of the classifieds on another airgun site so it's fairly new to me. It's low powered and designed to be an entry level youth 10m rifle. It's so fun and refreshing.
Brett

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

LW or not, its a keeper. NT

October 12 2017, 11:37 AM 

Respond to this message   

db
(Login Diamondback)
YC

Nice. Another dot shooter. One of my favorite targets. What I did

October 12 2017, 12:51 AM 

was open the word processor on my computer & open a blank page.

Then I typed a period & made the size large, so it was about the size of a 22 pellet.

I then tried different styles of font until I got one that was round (some fonts are squarish, or oval when enlarged).

Once you find the correct size, font, & color, create a page full of dots & save it.

You can instantly print up a whole page of target dots (I put from 16 to 25 on a page) using very little ink.

I also use the letter "O" the same way, adjusting between bold & regular, font style, color & size.

Nice shooting. That garden appears to be well protected.

Respond to this message   
bReTt
(Login CBPeter)
YC

Thanks DB!

October 12 2017, 1:13 AM 

I will try your target making procedure someday. I'm pretty "spur of the moment" so I may not even think about doing it until I am actually going to shoot! ha ha! As long as I have a Sharpie marker for backup, I should at least be able to survive. wink.gif Making a target like you suggest, would be a good exercise in expanding my computer skills.

I like to shoot the dots... aim small, miss small, right? happy.gif
Brett

Respond to this message   

db
(Login Diamondback)
YC

Too True

October 12 2017, 8:26 PM 

I always try to aim at something small, to hit something small, but unfortunately I usually miss my small target by a small amount wink.gif

So yes, I aim small & I miss small happy.gif

Respond to this message   
bReTt
(Login CBPeter)
YC

Dots

October 14 2017, 11:44 PM 

Hey dB, guess what?

My 12 year old daughter made me 3 dot targets on the computer. Each has 20 dots and each paper of dots has a different size dot to shoot at. She made a small, medium and large dot targets 🎯. Now I can just print and shoot! Ha ha ha! Thanks for the tip.
Brett

Respond to this message   

dan_house
(Login dan_house)
YC

small of size and low on power

October 12 2017, 2:49 PM 

But they can be a huge tool in getting form down, working on Offhand shots (pays off on the FT course) and just having fun.....Also if you have company and they want to shoot, this is the gun to teach them with.

I can shoot mine all day and not have it wear me out like the TX or the Diana does. Ive used it to practice FT in the garage, sniped flys at 10 yards, and use it to fine tune technique.....

I got mine from the Great Falls 4H 10m club after they upgraded to the CO2 versions......

Simplicity at its finest, take the open sights off, drop on a 12x-16x mildot and start making bug holes.....

Respond to this message   
Ed Krzynowek
(Login ekmeister1)
YF12

I Miss the Old Blue Ribbon /Hakko Scopes

October 14 2017, 4:43 PM 

They weren't cheap, but the optics were great/clear and they seemed to hold up very well.

Safe and Happy Shooting!

Ed Krzynowek, The Airgun Tune-Meister

"We can rebuild the squirrel. Make him stronger, faster...We have the technology"---Skyler M.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.