<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Sumatra 500 will not take air???

October 12 2017 at 9:35 PM
Van  (Login vsharp4)
YF

I have a newer Sumatra 500 .22 that I have run at least 10,000 plus pellets through and never had problems until. I cannot get the gun to take air now ( it like a blockage or restriction of some kind. The rifle is about 5 months old. What could be causing this??

This message has been edited by vsharp4 on Oct 12, 2017 9:41 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Rob in NC
(Login rob3dr)
AR&P

Assuming

October 12 2017, 9:48 PM 

you know your air source is good, sounds like your check valve may be gummed up and stuck.

If using a tank, I'd give it a hard blast and see if you can unstick it... otherwise, I'd empty, remove the check valve at the fill end and inspect the o ring. Since you would be removing it anyway, may be an ideal time to install a quick fill on it such as this one...

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Quick_Disconnect_Male_Fitting_O_Ring/2841

Good judgment comes from experience; experience usually comes from bad judgment.

Respond to this message   
Van
(Login vsharp4)
YF

I will try try this and .......

October 12 2017, 10:37 PM 

I will try another scuba yoke, I have two scuba tanks and both have more than enough pressure. Mine gun came with the quick fill installed on it .
I just ordered a check valve just in case.

This message has been edited by vsharp4 on Oct 12, 2017 10:50 PM

Respond to this message   
Will Piatt
(Login saddlemountaingunsmith)
YF

I have seen gun fill nipples over tightened squeezing the

October 13 2017, 2:30 AM 

seal under it closed. Be sure to degas before working on any PCP.

Respond to this message   
Van
(Login vsharp4)
YF

Do I need a special spanner wrench? n/t

October 13 2017, 8:29 AM 

Respond to this message   

Rob in NC
(Login rob3dr)
AR&P

Not to steal Mr. Piatt's thunder...

October 13 2017, 3:18 PM 

as I know that he is far more knowledgeable than I am on these guns, but I know that I did not use a spanner when replacing mine so I will say no... you do not need a special spanner wrench.
In a pinch, I've used a section of old belt and a pipe wrench to remove fill ends from guns without damaging them.

As long as the gun is empty, it shouldnt be difficult as they shouldnt be on there gorilla tight anyway.

Good judgment comes from experience; experience usually comes from bad judgment.

Respond to this message   
Van
(Login vsharp4)
YF

Sumatra 500-problem solved........

October 13 2017, 3:22 PM 

Thanks!, something was restricting airflow intake. I kept discharging air and the gun begin to take air from my scuba tank.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.