<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Want to fill plastic Stock ,Silicone or Bondo ?

November 11 2017 at 12:21 AM
Athanasios Dimulas  (Login yasou)
YF

Want to fill my Gamo Syn.Stock with Silicone . Is that the way to go ? Thanks!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Frank C.
(Login bandmiller2)
YF

Foam insulation

November 11 2017, 5:23 AM 

I would consider foam insulation that comes in a can, its cheap and light. Bondo, especially, is heavy, unless your looking for the weight.

Respond to this message   

Jeff M
(Login jmars)
AR&P

I recommend that you find something free and non-permanent....

November 11 2017, 10:41 AM 

Wadded up newspaper, foam peanuts, old t-shirts, plastic shopping bags can be stuffed tightly in place. A bag of spent pellets or some other type of weight may be included
to alter balance or add weight.

Non permanent installation will allow one to try different configurations now or in the future.

Respond to this message   
Scot Laughlin
(Login classicalgas)
YF

+1 on the non permanent/cheap. Used dryer sheets, rags, or poly shopping bags

November 11 2017, 6:04 PM 

For weight, nothing beats some recycled pellets melted into a chunk of copper tube. GOOP (urethane adhesive) that into the stock as high in the comb as you can manage, just ahead of the butt pad.

Respond to this message   
doug phillips
(Login jdphill)
YF

Caulking Gun + Silicone + Home Depot-------

November 11 2017, 12:52 PM 

Go to Lowes-Depot and feel the heft of a Full Caulking Tube of GE 100% Silicone Clear. Consider the amount of space you want to fill in the butt stock and Fore arm of your Gamo.
One to 1-1/2 tubes is about all you can get inside one. It will add considerable heft to your stock, which I assume is what you are desiring.
You can attach an extension of plastic tubing, (6 inches?) to the end of the caulk tube and reach into deep spaces otherwise inaccessible. Start at the deepest point and squeeze out silicone as you slowly withdraw the tube towards you to fill all the recesses.
I used non hardening window glazing compound in my Gamo S1K. But upon reflection, I believe this to be a much more efficient method.
Tube of 100% Silicone $5 each, Caulking Gun $2, 12 inches Plastic tubing (fuel hose) $1.
Now my Gamo feels and shoots more stable. A good investment. Go for it, you will be glad. (I performed many other Mods as well, guides, top hat, drop in trigger, tune, de burr, polish, etc.).
HTH,
doug,P.
History IS the Preview of the Future, don't forget Any!
http://www.DamagedWoodStocks.Info
doug,P.

This message has been edited by jdphill on Nov 11, 2017 12:53 PM

Respond to this message   
Athanasios Dimulas
(Login yasou)
YF

Will go with 100% Silicone !

November 12 2017, 12:23 AM 

Thanks to Doug and others for Great Ideas ! You Guys are The Best !

Respond to this message   
SteveV
(Login stevevines)
YC

I used expanding foam and a roll of pennies -

November 12 2017, 7:22 AM 

the roll of pennies placed strategically near the pistol grip area of a Panther 34. The gun is heavy, but well balanced, and the weight really helps the shot cycle, along with a good tune of course.

Respond to this message   
Tim
(Login lefteyeshot)
YF12

I have filled

November 12 2017, 10:42 AM 

my plastic butt stocks with old used or cheap pellets or 1/2 to 2/3 pellets and then stuffed with news paper. I tried cat litter. I was quieter but to light.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.