<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

HI guys! I'm considering purchasing an FX Independence. Any good reasons not to?? N/t

November 12 2017 at 6:06 AM
Kingfisher 1961  (Login kingfisher1961)
YF12

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Scott Blair
(Login scottblair1218)
YF12

Yes, it's heavy and you have to pump it up or just

November 12 2017, 7:15 AM 

Fill like any other PCP.
Stop procrastinating and just get the Wildcat...
Sorry John, but I just couldn't resist... LOL

Respond to this message   
Kingfisher 1961
(Login kingfisher1961)
YF12

Scott, sell me yours!÷ ; ) Now that you have the Scout Auto 5 you never use it! n/t

November 12 2017, 7:29 PM 

Respond to this message   
Mike
(Login Houlihan54)
YF12

John, Houlihan here, call me! I may have what you need. Nt

November 12 2017, 10:09 AM 

Respond to this message   
Kingfisher 1961
(Login kingfisher1961)
YF12

Houlihan, you're the best! We need more people like you in this world! N/T

November 12 2017, 7:26 PM 

Respond to this message   
Phil
(Login Duane30)
YF

There is a Chinese gun on the market....

November 12 2017, 12:01 PM 

...that is Indy-like. Costs around 400 bucks.

Just an FYI. I feel that FX, though very nice products, are over priced IMHO. I'll buy powder burners over an airgun at those prices.

http://hardairmagazine.com/news/nova-vista-hp-m1000-multi-pump-pcp-air-rifle/
"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

This message has been edited by Duane30 on Nov 12, 2017 12:14 PM

Respond to this message   
LD
(Login lhd)
AR&P

seems to be Vaporware Phil

November 12 2017, 1:49 PM 

can't find an actual one for sale right now.

Respond to this message   

william
(Login williamN)
YC

Suppose to be arriving next month

November 13 2017, 6:59 PM 

according to the importer

Respond to this message   
Tom
(Login KTM250XC)
YF12

I have owned an

November 12 2017, 3:16 PM 

.22 FX independence since mid 2014 and in the time since I have put over 34,000 round through it. The rifle has proven to be incredibly reliable, super quiet and crazy accurate. Out of all the numerous PCP rifles I have owned and still own, the Independence is far and away my favorite.

All of my reasons say to go for it!

Respond to this message   
Bill in MI
(Login wbush68)
YF12

Pls tell me more about these 34000 rounds....

November 12 2017, 5:57 PM 

I have had an Independence for about 5 years, and have put a tin or so a year thru it. I agree w most everything said so far. Outstanding accurate, a little heavy (like most airguns). I usually shoot three times, then pump 10-12 strokes. I would shoot it more if it didn't need repairs so often.

I have resealed it myself twice. Third time, about a year ago, sent it to AZ to see if he could improve it. He disassembled it, cleaned it up and did some research. He didn't think that he came up w much.

For no good reason I haven't really shot it since getting it back. Have two of next three weeks off, maybe that can be remedied.

How many rebuilds in your 34000 shots?

Any other advice?

Bill
Michigan

Respond to this message   
Ron Robinson
(Login compressive)
YC

Kinda hard to get motivated

November 12 2017, 8:50 PM 

Maybe it's just me, but I find it hard to get motivated to use a(ny) machine that requires more service time than the time you get to USE it.
Regardless of whether I can service it myself (too much time expenditure) or must employ a professional (too much $$$ expenditure), it sucks!

My worst offenders were a beautifully restored '71 Honda CB 450 motorcycle and a beautiful '65 Chevy C10 step-side pickup. Though the Honda won both classic motorcycle shows it contested, those plastic and simulated-wood trophies cost about $3000 apiece; and the bike broke down (again) every time I rode it. The truck also broke down every time I drove it.... but didn't even win any cheap-*** trophies!

Condolences on your similar experience(s). wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Kingfisher 1961
(Login kingfisher1961)
YF12

Tom, thanks for the good words about the Independence.

November 12 2017, 7:24 PM 

Unfortunately, the majority of feedback sounds like the fellow in the post below. Bad new travels like Wildfire, good news travels slow!
Fortunately, Mr. H. Is going to send me an Independence to try for myself. Can't wait! !

Respond to this message   
Slingarian
(Login Slingarian)
YF12

who is mr H?

November 12 2017, 9:39 PM 

I have a modest selection of PcP's and a few springers, but have been giving a lot of thought towards and Independence, just so I can take it to camp and not have to lug all the support gear. Unfortunately for me I don't know anyone local who has one, or even a shop where I can fondle one. I'd love to be able to get my hands on one before dropping the coin to buy one without any hands on.

I've heard a lot of good things about them, and some complaints. Best of luck to you in your endeavor.

Sling

Respond to this message   
Kingfisher 1961
(Login kingfisher1961)
YF12

Mr. H is the Mr. Houlihan.

November 13 2017, 4:54 AM 

Respond to this message   
Tom
(Login KTM250XC)
YF12

My

November 12 2017, 9:47 PM 

.22 Independence has been extremely dependable. Maintenance to date has been limited to removing a water droplet on the inlet of the small air reservoir, replacing the pivot bearing in the arm linkage, replacing the breech seal every several thousand rounds or so, cleaning the barrel every 4,000 to 5,000 rounds and cleaning and lubing the trigger assembly every several thousand rounds. I have a full rebuild kit in stock and ready to use, but have not needed it so far.

The rifle keeps on shooting and shooting. In fact after making the post here earlier today, I put another 60 more rounds through it, 48 of those being off-hand.

Respond to this message   
kelly
(Login kdhope1)
YF

repaired twice

November 12 2017, 11:17 PM 

Mine has been back for repairs twice and still leaked,,I traded on a Royale..kelly

Respond to this message   
Kingfisher 1961
(Login kingfisher1961)
YF12

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately all too common! N/t

November 13 2017, 4:58 AM 

Respond to this message   
Tom
(Login KTM250XC)
YF12

My research

November 13 2017, 10:16 AM 

before and after I purchased my Independence showed most problems with this rifle tend to be related to earlier vintage models. It seems the majority of Independence problems I read about or spoke with people about, were with rifles from pre 2013. Of course I could be completely wrong with my research, including that date, but none the less, this is what I found out.

One other thing to point out is; I do not think this rifle is good for anyone living in a humid environment. Meaning the east coast, or southeast to gulf coast, or anywhere with similar humidity levels. I am located on the Allegany Plateau in northwest Pennsylvania and during the summer months we typically see only a couple of weeks or so of moderate humidity. During one unusually high humidity period is when my rifle developed the water droplet noted in my last post. But this humidity is always short lived here and overall our summer temperatures are quite low as compared to the rest of the country. This past summer season we had only a handful of days which reached 80°F or low 80's.

When I shot my Independence on this past Friday, the 10th, the weather here was VERY dry with a high temperature of only 21°F. Yesterday saw only slightly higher temps. Overall I am certain these ambient weather conditions have benefited the operating life of my Independence.

This message has been edited by KTM250XC on Nov 13, 2017 10:22 AM

Respond to this message   
Scot Heath
(Login ish00ttrap)
YF

Mine is a very early model and has experienced 2 factory issues

November 13 2017, 9:10 AM 

One was the broken 2nd stage pump tube, well known issue and I'd wager fixed on any Independence that's out there. The other was an improperly finished hole in the pump linkage that caused excessive wear to a pin. According to AOA, a few did not get final finishing of the hole and were left rough.

In both cases, repairs were done quickly ( I fixed the pump, AOA sent me all the part free of charge).

I did have to replace the pop-off seal last year, it was the source of a slow leak and I replaced the original with a delrin part I made and have had no issues since.

I love mine. I don't own a compressor, tank or any other paraphenalia. It's not for every one but suits my shooting perfectly and BTW, if you do get one (or probably any ST barrel), I highly recommend taking a look at the H&N Sniper Magnum pellets. They outperform the JSBs in my gun by quite a bit.

Also, I added a baffle between the end of the barrel and the end of the shroud and like it very much.

-Scot

Respond to this message   
Kingfisher 1961
(Login kingfisher1961)
YF12

That's awesome! Thanks for the good information! ! N/t

November 13 2017, 4:56 AM 

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.