<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Question on clipping

November 12 2017 at 7:53 PM
mark w  (Login nicky99)
YC

I just got my royale 400/177 back from AoA. they did some work that required removing the barrel. shooting some groups and i was getting some strange fliers. this gun has never had a problem in the past and was dead accurate. i inspected the end cap and saw evidence of clipping. i've drilled it out and will test tomorrow. so my questions are; why do some pellets clip, while others shoot just fine? also, what could have been done when they reinstalled the barrel to cause this? i did check the screws holding the barrel and they are tight. suggestions please!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

willy
(Login willy1)
YC

try sticking a 177 cleaning rod into the end cap 2 or 3" ,lay the

November 13 2017, 12:04 AM 

gun on a table with the rod hanging out a couple feet and see if the rod line's up with the barrel.The jag has to fit snug into the barrel at least 2 or 3" maybe rap some masking tape around the rod to snug it up?

Respond to this message   
Scot Heath
(Login ish00ttrap)
YF

clipping

November 13 2017, 9:01 AM 

My Independence clipped when I first got it. The shroud is centered on the barrel via brass stand-off rings and the cone at the end of the shroud is threaded into the end of the shroud. I suspected that the issue was a tolerance buildup and did the same as you, enlarged the hole slightly, no problems since. Since the clearance is small, slight deviation in the assembly could have pushed it enough in one direction to cause it to clip.

-Scot

Respond to this message   
MikefromMidland
(Select Login MScottLeeman)
YF12

In that price range,if the tolerance was That far off,it's not acceptable.nt

November 13 2017, 10:14 AM 

This message has been edited by MScottLeeman on Nov 13, 2017 12:48 PM

Respond to this message   
Scot Heath
(Login ish00ttrap)
YF

It's fine with me. -NT

November 14 2017, 12:20 AM 

Respond to this message   
doug phillips
(Login jdphill)
YF

"Slight Deviation in Assembly"----

November 13 2017, 1:48 PM 

Bingo!!!
It would appear that some 'More Attention to Detail' at the shop, prior to return shipping, could have eliminated this problem altogether.
I have had ample opportunity to experience this very same problem in my own 'Experiments' in decibel attenuation devices.
A simple twisting or turning the device on the end of the barrel a few degrees in either direction would 90 % of the time clear the problem. Too bad the guys at the shop did not attempt this simple test and solution prior to return to customer.
These end pieces are very Finicky sometimes.
doug,P.

History IS the Preview of the Future, don't forget Any!
http://www.DamagedWoodStocks.Info
doug,P.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.