Mike Ellingsworth  (Login 4888blues)
YF12

This message has been edited by 4888blues on Nov 13, 2017 1:14 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
MikefromMidland
(Select Login MScottLeeman)
YF12

Mike, would Lucas Red& Tacky essentially be the same lube? (It's what I have) Thanks! nt.

November 13 2017, 9:58 AM 

Respond to this message   

SteveP
(Login ColdAir707)
YC

Red & Tacky

November 13 2017, 10:17 AM 

Mike, I was just about to respond to Mike's video. The lube he uses looks exactly like R&T. I was doing some research on lubes and decided to give that a try. Powder burners swear by it. Lubricant technology is constantly evolving and I thought that there must be another alternative to moly lubes. I have an RWS M40 that was shooting OK, but was a bit graunchy when cocked. I don't have a spring compressor, so I applied the R&T with a brush through the slot. I applied it a little heavy, figuring it would migrate with use. After a few shots all the graunchyness disappeared and the shot cycle improved. It is shooting with only about 3 fps standard deviation, so I know it is lubed well and running properly.

As a side note, this gun came with the typical RWS bone dry chamber. My research led me to Microlubrol Armasil High Performance 100% silicone oil. A couple of drops worked wonders for me, but as usual, anyone that tries it do so based on your own research and YMMV.

For years I have been using Royal Purple Synfilm as a pellet lube for my PCP's and CO2 guns. Again, another highly advanced lube that works extremely well for me.
I thought I was wrong once... But I was mistaken!

Respond to this message   
MikefromMidland
(Select Login MScottLeeman)
YF12

Thanks Steve! nt

November 13 2017, 10:21 AM 

Respond to this message   

Jason W Garvin
(Login jason_garvin)
YF12

Another good tape Mike......

November 13 2017, 7:41 PM 

I have almost went there on lubes, but haven't yet. I talk with a gentleman off and on that uses the Lucas Red and Tacky in all his springers, and swears by it. I use to use it on farm equipment but started setting up quick. I use John Deere lubes at home now. Mobile one makes a red synthetic also that the M14 crowd likes. John Deere makes a real clear tacky for corn heads that is non tox, I may give it a try someday. It has to be easier to clean than heavy tar. Only drawback I have heard with the Lucas is if you leave your rifle in a hot cab in the summer nose down, you may get some lube leak down and diesel.

🎯

Jason G

Respond to this message   

Jason W Garvin
(Login jason_garvin)
YF12

Here is the grease I meant.....

November 13 2017, 8:34 PM 

Respond to this message   

Mike Ellingsworth
(Login 4888blues)
YF12

the super tech red lube is inexpensive, I do not know in comparison how the other lubes

November 13 2017, 9:12 PM 

are,I have not tried those, I Am very happy so far with this red synthetic lube.

I used to just use it for triggers, I seen how weihrauch packed the rekord trigger with what looked like the old white grease used for fishing reels and I thought that was a good ideal to pack the trigger but the white lube from the older days became dried out but I bet this red lube will stay like this indefinitely

Now I use it in the air chamber, & receiver tube cocking slot, receiver forks etc / no more cross hatching as the receivers already have fine embedded scratches if you look closely so its also a work saver as well.

I would thank Ed Connolly for his years of experience with his R -9's adventures and mods and all around input on the air guns, his using the white newer krytox lubes finally opened my eyes to the ideal of different lubes and non crosshatching

Respond to this message   

Mike Ellingsworth
(Login 4888blues)
YF12

Thanks Jason, Were you referring to Rich from Ohio? he uses some red lube and

November 13 2017, 9:15 PM 

was big on the lucas lubes , he's a good friend of mine.

Respond to this message   

Jason W Garvin
(Login jason_garvin)
YF12

Nope,

November 13 2017, 9:26 PM 

Another gent a little farther over and down amongst some hills,

Jason G

Respond to this message   
Ed Krzynowek
(Login ekmeister1)
YF12

nt

November 14 2017, 3:13 PM 

nt
Safe and Happy Shooting!

Ed Krzynowek, The Airgun Tune-Meister

"We can rebuild the squirrel. Make him stronger, faster...We have the technology"---Skyler M.

This message has been edited by ekmeister1 on Nov 14, 2017 4:31 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.