<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

How Hard is it to Find Diana 75 Rifles??

December 1 2017 at 11:11 PM
Larry  (Login Nalajr)
YF12

Hey all,

I watched some videos the other day comparing the FWB300 to the Diana 75. I love the FWB300 and have wanted one for years, but I wasn't aware how beautiful and capable the Diana 75 is.

So, I thought that maybe I should add the Diana 75 to my WISH LIST along side the FWB rifles that I like. The only thing is that I have never seen one up for sale on the Classified sites. I thought I'd ask and see how hard they are to find and how much I could expect to pay for a nice, shooter. I'm not looking for a Wall Hanger...I'm gonna SHOOT and ENJOY it whatever I get. I wouldn't mind if if needed an overhaul since it's not hard to ship it to the maker for the work.

Any ideas or suggestions on the Diana 75?

Thanks for your time and help.
Larry

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Joe Wayne Rhea
(Login JoeWayneRhea)
YF12

Larry I may have a lead on one

December 2 2017, 4:58 AM 

Give me a shout .44vanilla@gmail.com . I'm tapped out , so can't get it myself .

Respond to this message   
Paul
(Login Anni2002sa)
YF12

Got one

December 2 2017, 1:10 PM 

Larry. I've got a very nice D75 branded as a Beeman 400. Bought from PilkGuns about 2 years ago with a recent reseal from Umarex. However it has an issue that needs addressing. I can go into detail with you offline if you're interested.
Paul
jackpatrick314@gmail.com

Respond to this message   

daveshoot
(Login daveshoot)
AR&P

Don't forget the cost of rebuild, unless it has already been done

December 2 2017, 9:57 AM 

This has also been on my list for a long time. I have a couple that are close, but I have never had a 75.

If you see a low or even apparently reasonable price, but in "original condition", it almost certainly needs a rebuild, and you need to factor that in to the true cost of ownership.

If it is rebuilt by a competent person, it will almost certainly be at a higher cost, and possibly worth it..

This is one of those collector traps where "original condition" sounds like a good thing, but even a cosmetically perfect rifle that old (the cherished "safe queen") has seals that have turned into a doughnut of hard parmesan cheese.

There are people with the time and skills to DIY such a rebuild, but I am not one of them.

They are lovely rifles, and my ancient but resealed Diana 65 (Winnie 333) can play pretty competently with a FWB300. Since the '75 is the improved version, yeah, I want one, and you do too. Good luck and if you get one, please post pics!

Respond to this message   
michael wolfram
(Login marflow)
YF

all great info but there is one other thing to be aware of and

December 2 2017, 3:32 PM 

that is get it complete as possible
meaning the factory sights are with it, any tools or sight inserts are a bonus along with any paper work
the paper work is seldom with the guns along with the tools
there are 20 FWB 300 listed to every Diana 75 listed for sale
be aware that the 75 come in different stocks and the 3 port hole style is the most common
the rebuilding should be done by someone in the know

there are early 75's and the later TO1 and the biggest differences are the sights front and rear
the Beeman 400 is a early model
go here and look at the resource area

http://www.network54.com/Index/103829

it will give you more info

I recommend the 75 as a great shooter and they can be scope with ease for us with old eyes
the trigger is top notch
I have three 75's
take care

mike

Respond to this message   
MikefromMidland
(Select Login MScottLeeman)
YF12

I lucked out.

December 2 2017, 8:49 PM 

I picked up a D-75u to1 for 250.00 a few years ago. It has the original sights...the rear is the Diana 82 unit. It's in pristine condition externally but needed a rebuild,so I sent it to David Slade at Airgunwerks. As it stands,I have about 525.00 wrapped up in it. Just an absolute Pleasure to shoot! I wish You luck in Your search,You Won't be sorry.

Respond to this message   
michael wolfram
(Login marflow)
YF

that model 82 sight is a very hard sight to find and as

December 3 2017, 12:44 AM 

an upgrade being a 20 click sight a big surprise on a 250.00 rifle
here's an post that Mike Driskill wrote

http://www.network54.com/Forum/405945/thread/1327019711/Will+a+Diana+model+100+rear+sight+fit+a+54+or+1978+75-

the 82 is I beautiful sight
mike

Respond to this message   
MikefromMidland
YF12

I really didn't know much at all about these rifles...

December 3 2017, 4:40 PM 

I saw it for sale at a local firearm dealer and it looked beautiful and very well made. I bought it on the spot, figuring something may be wrong with it. Got it home,loaded a pellet,fired it..and no hole in the target. This was back in 2007,I believe. I'm pretty handy with airguns,so I researched how to rebuild it. I'll tell ya,there was Nooo way I was going to get "elbow deep in the neck-bone pot" and risk screwing up this work of art! Fast forward to 2016 and I Finally sent it out to Airgunwerks, scared to death that something bad might occur in transit. Everything went smooth,thank God! I see the manufacture date of 05 84 right under the base of the cocking arm on the receiver tube. Mr. Slade advised me to remove the rear sight for shipping,BTW. He commented on the condition, saying I got an Excellent deal! I currently have a Hawke 3-9x40 Airmax on it and have the 82 sight on my Vortek tuned R-7. Best deal I think I'll ever get! Lol!!

Respond to this message   
MDriskill
(Login MDriskill)
YF12

Thanks Michael!

December 4 2017, 6:35 AM 

I went back to that ancient post of mine, and corrected a significant error in item 3!

The lovely Swiss-made model 82 sight is worth $200+ by itself, just try finding one if you don't believe it.

This message has been edited by MDriskill on Dec 4, 2017 6:37 AM

Respond to this message   
Larry
(Login Nalajr)
YF12

What Kind of Money for these Diana 75 Rifles??

December 3 2017, 3:22 AM 

Hey all.

Thanks for the info and advice.

I went to that link for the Vintage Diana Forum and looked at some pics and I must say that if I had my choice of any that I have seen so far, I would take the Diana 75K or 75U. The Running Boar model is just gorgeous. I bet they sell for a pretty penny too.

I've always wanted a FWB 300 or one of the newer FWB rifles, but then I saw the Diana 75 and I wouldn't mind having one of those either. What I don't know if what kind of money we are talking about for one. Can you all give me a price range to kinda aim for? I wouldn't mind if it needed a rebuild as long as it was going to be top notch when done. I don't mind marks on the stock or the bluing. I'm gonna enjoy it if I get one, not show it off by hanging on my wall.

Any info you can share with me about these rifles and their cost would be really appreciated.

Thanks and have a great Sunday!

Respond to this message   
Ken Otte
(Login pissaro8)
YF12

Beeman 400

December 3 2017, 7:06 AM 

I have a Beeman 400 (Diana 75) that is in excellent condition. I purchased this rifle in March 2015 and had Airgunwerks (David Slade) service it at that time. I have only shot it a few times because I am not a competitive shooter so it has become a "safe queen". I have been needing to reduce my stock of airguns and this air rifle is on my "to sell" list. It is an excellent target rifle. I have owned a number of target air rifles, e.g. FWB 300s, Anschutz 250, Winchester 333, several HW 55's, etc. and this rifle is one of my favorites. If you are interested in ;earning more let me know. I have to out today but I could follow-up with photos.

Respond to this message   
MDriskill
(Login MDriskill)
YF12

D75 stock designs

December 4 2017, 12:50 PM 

As Michael mentioned, the most commonly encountered stock on the model 75 is the early standard model with "portholes" in the fore end. Nice but very much a late-70's esthetic with the somewhat "squared up" look seen on the FWB 300S and other match guns of the day.

Fairly early on, they made a version usable for 3-position shooting, the 75 HV. It is similar to the standard stock but a bit sleeker in the front, and with the significant addition of an adjustable-height cheek piece. Very nice-handling variant that is often overlooked.

The 75 K Running Boar version is very rare, I've read that less than 200 (?) were made. The stock was a completely new design with more modern lines, a wide rounded fore end, and a new style of adjustable cheekpiece--really lovely to my eye. The true hallmarks of this version are the scope rail that runs nearly the full length of the receiver tube, no factory sights (running boar is shot with a scope), and a modified single-stage trigger.

The 75 U Universal version pretty much copied the K stock, but with the standard T01 action of course. It was supplied with a bunch of accessories (muzzle weights, sight goodies, butt spacers, and a removable flat hand rest that went in front of the trigger guard), and is widely considered the best all-round version of the gun. Quite a find.

The model 100 pneumatic replaced the 75 as Diana's top match air rifle. The 75 hung around as a cheaper alternative but with simplified stocks that were beech, not walnut, and with no checkering or stippling. There were two variants--the 75 B stock is sort of a trimmed-down version of the HV's lines, while the 75 S was a similar treatment of the U's stock design.

If not as pretty as the walnut versions, the B and S were the last 75's made (i.e., the least old and with the best internal bits), handle well with nice trim lines, and can be found for pretty reasonable money.

This message has been edited by MDriskill on Dec 4, 2017 12:55 PM

Respond to this message   
michael wolfram
(Login marflow)
YF

Hi Mike--i was on Egun yesterday and the number of 75's

December 4 2017, 5:01 PM 

on that auction site is unbelievable
we see few here but there was 3 left hand version 75's alone there and hell I don't know how many righties

so I'm guessing they were very popular in Germany in there day and maybe all the one's here are in hands that don't what to let them go and I hope they are good caretakers for the old Diana's
mike

Respond to this message   
MikefromMidland
YF12

Mine isn't going Anywhere. NT

December 4 2017, 7:51 PM 

Respond to this message   
Gary
(Login Hammer47)
YC

Diana 75

December 8 2017, 8:15 PM 

Have one in extra nice condition and it has just been returned from David Slade's after having a complete rebuild. I am selling it for $850 if anyone wants a perfect one with beautiful wood. Send your e mail if pics are wanted.

Bubbagun@hotmail.com

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.