<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

What's Your Thoughts on HATSAN PCP Rifles?

December 2 2017 at 1:33 AM
Larry  (Login Nalajr)
YF12

Hey all,

I was just looking on the Hatsan website and they have some pretty nice looking rifles and handguns. I don't see much written about them or field reviews so I thought I'd ask you guys and gals and see what you all think of them.

Most of them seem to have a price tag that would be right in the range of the Marauder. If you don't mind, how about telling which one you'd choose if your choices were limited to the Marauder or a HATSAN of similar cost.

Thanks for your time.
Larry

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
gubb33ps
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

Not sure why...

December 2 2017, 11:44 AM 

Don't seem to get much attention on this forum..not real sure why.
HAve 3 older Hatsans, haven't had any real problems with them, use them quite often. Have some features I prefer to the M-Rod but other people see things the other way around.

Maybe it's becasue I hunt/shoot in some pretty nasty dirty areas and gear gets knocked around a bit. Wanted a simple, hard to screw up, non-delicate rifle to take on those hunts that didn't need to be pampered.

Can exclude the wood version shown...it's not a typical Hatsan and doesn't get out into the really nasty places to hunt that the two plastic stocked versions do.

photo f9eca360-fd9c-4f6c-b2a8-16d54b4d8e69.jpg

1. Do prefer the NON QE versions (which is why they are "bare barrel" in the picture). Would just rather have a detachable LDC to give me the option...but that's not the way the industry as a whole seems to be going.
2. Like the detachable tank with valve. When something does leak or you have the urge to change something, can just work on the detached tank and not have to take the whole rifle apart.
3. Mags have worked reliably and are a whole lot easier to clean if you drop them in the mud.
4. All I've had shoot very well....have seen posts by others with EITHER the M-Rod or the Hatsans that have had problems.

None of the above things really count in most folk's use for an air rifle. They aren't going out into the rain, slogging along though slat marsh/mud, or getting whipped/knocked by brush or branches.

This message has been edited by gubb33ps on Dec 2, 2017 11:47 AM

Respond to this message   
Larry
(Login Nalajr)
YF12

Good Looking Stable

December 3 2017, 12:11 AM 

Thanks for your response and info. I don't hunt and don't anticipate starting. I'm not against it, I just don't want to go by myself and I don't know anyone here. I've been trying to find a place to go hog hunting with my bow, but haven't been able to find any places in the 4 years I've been here. Sure, I can hunt public land, but that's pretty much a waste of time.

Anyway, if I do make the switch to PCP, I want a decent, accurate rifle in .177 or .22. I'd like to shoot from 10 to 50 meters. I can't spend $1,000 on a rifle...or anything right now. That's why I focused on the Marauder. Then I found a link to the HATSAN web page and thought that their rifles looked pretty darned impressive. Sure, I have no idea how well they shoot or handle or how accurate they are. You've filled in some of the blanks for me with your post.

Thanks for your time.

Respond to this message   
Rob
(Login EMrider)
YF

Hatsan

December 3 2017, 10:33 AM 

I bought a Hatsan at44 qe and a Marauder .22 at the same time because I could not decide between the two. Was going to sell one, but ended up liking them both so much I've kept them both. Out of the box, I'd say the Hatsan is the better gun. Very accurate, very quiet and I like the detachable air cylinder.

I the Marauder's favor, you have better aftermarket support, a wood stock and it is much easier to tune.

Hatsan's shoot pretty fast out of the box, so I tuned mine down about 20% for more shots.

Today they sell for substantially less than they did when I purchased my at44qe, and user reports suggest that quality remains the same (good).

Good luck choosing.

R

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.