<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

(Pics) Getting used to being tethered with the LD on Nitrogen and Ninja regulator @ 775psi

December 2 2017 at 12:14 PM
john  (Login JCarl)
YF12

Have some time to get out and shoot today. Weather is cooperating so far with temps in the mid 50’s and mostly cloudy. Sun expected later today. I am experimenting more with my LD on Nitrogen. It does great off the small tank – I have ordered a larger tank for ventures/treks into the woods. I don’t think it is really necessary as I get a bunch of shots from the tank before coming off the regulator. Haven’t counted yet – but it is a lot!

Here is a rest I made from some old foam and a towel:

[linked image]

It is pictured on my outside shooting bench. I do a bunch of just target shooting. I have also managed to carve a total of four FT lanes into the woods with three critters per lane. The furthest out is at 50 yards. Here is where I am just letting the tank sit for now:

[linked image]

Just have to keep an eye on it so I don’t pull it off the bench when loading or when sighting in on a target etc. Speaking of targets here is a view of the target board that is about 27 yards in front of the bench

[linked image]

I saw a squirrel running down a tree and went in pursuit. For that good thing I had on cargo pants and the smaller tank as it went right into my leg pocket as seen here:

[linked image]

I tracked it for about 10 minutes and then lost it in some thick undergrowth. They are scarce this time of the year – it was an exciting hunt though.

~GOD BLESS~

john

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
bReTt
(Login CBPeter)
YC

Looks nice out and sounds like

December 2 2017, 6:50 PM 

You enjoyed your time outside shooting. I like this time of the year for shooting around here. Airguns, an outdoor fire and hot coffee go well together in my book.
Brett

Respond to this message   
Pete D'
(Login Madnart)
YC

Nice setup John! I love my LD, but the gophers hate the head shots up to 40 yards away! nt

December 2 2017, 10:34 PM 

Respond to this message   
Larry
(Login Nalajr)
YF12

Looks AWESOME!!

December 3 2017, 12:16 AM 

I wouldn't mind having a setup like that. Looks more economical than getting into the tanks and stuff for PCP.

Would you mind telling what rifle or pistol converted to rifle that is?

As long as it's accurate, that's all that I care about. I shoot off of a rest all the time too. I don't have one built up like you do, but I wouldn't mind building one like that if I get a setup to use PCP or a bottle like you are.

Please post more details on the gun....if you don't mind.

Thanks for the pics and post.

Respond to this message   
john
(Login JCarl)
YF12

Thank you Larry and others. Here is more info and more pics...

December 3 2017, 10:36 AM 

Larry,

Glad you like the looks of my setup. Most find the shoulder stock rather crude, however, it works. As for info it is a Crosman Mark I Target pistol. See the markings here:

[linked image]

I ordered it from the dealer new about 13+ years ago. Back then I was into a phase of how long can a pistol barrel be – the owner told me 17 ½” was the longest he felt the valve would support. So that is what I ordered up. I also opted for a four baffle non-removable front brake with front blade sight and it has adjustable rear sight if I want to shoot open sights.

[linked image]

It is a .22 and loves most any ammo that I try. It shoots the one here especially well with little change in poi except for the heavy Kodiak pellets – they hit low.

[linked image]

It come ready to run on CO2. You get a cap that would allow you to not have anything hanging down from the bottom of the grip area. That works well, however, this morning it is now only 45 degrees and foggy. So being able to shoot off HPA is a huge plus. Currently I am using the optional “bulk adapter” that the dealer sells and then just use paint ball coily hose with quick disconnects etc.

[linked image]

The gun is really sold as a pistol. I use it as a carbine because I can shoot further and better with the longer barrel. I do, however, have a shorter barrel for those pistol days. Here it is with a 13 ½” OAL barrel and some basic grips.

[linked image]

You get a bunch of options depending on how you configure it. If you are interested in any more info email me and I will be happy to share. You can reach me at (please decode) 22 cal LD then the @ symbol followed by gmail etc…

Hope this helps.

~GOD BLESS~

john

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.