<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Magnet missing on my Texan...

December 3 2017 at 5:48 AM

Ken H.  (Login tommyatkins)
YF

found the reason for my Texan's cocking lever not closing securely. Noticed there was a round hole directly under the cocking lever handle. I remember reading that a magnet held the lever closed securely. The socket for the magnet was 3/8" diameter and about 3/16" deep. The solution was simple and locally available. Home Depot sells rare earth magnets. Couldn't find the right thickness but found a 10 pack of 3/8 x 1/16 for $3.59 just popped 3 of them in the socket and was ready to go. No need to glue as the magnets are so strong they stay in place. Now my cocking lever stays closed. No need to bother or wait for Air Force to send a replacement. It's amazing how strong these little guys are. They come in a stack of 10 and are hard to pry apart. If one is held about 4" from the rest and released, it flies to the stacked magnets like a shot. One of the magnets I was playing with hit the rest so hard that it shattered.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Hakalaka
(Login Hakalaka)
AR&P

Good McGyverring! I use those mags. in a plastic bottle to pick up machining shavings-they

December 3 2017, 2:02 PM 

work good. Open lid-tap out mags. and shavings drop into the trashcan. I also attached one to my hand lamp/wand(light) and can position it anywhere I like on a lathe or mill too.

I might use one on my CFX .20, RWS .460, B-40(underlevers), etc. to keep the cocking arm attached and remove all that plastic keeper crud the factory used-ugly and clunky.

Glad you got it sorted out without a hassle.
Semper Fi Mac!

1986-1992 U.S.M.C. 1st Force Reconnaissance Co.
1993-1996 U.S.N.R E.O.D. MU-7
1999-2002 U.S.A.R. DRILL SGT/11B/11C
2007-2009 U.S.A.R. DRILL SGT/11B/11C/19D
2010-2015 U.S.A DRILL SGT.11B/11C/19D(SFC-RETIRED ON ACTIVE DUTY)
2017-?? GOING TO MACHINIST SCHOOL-STARTING NEW ADVENTURES

Respond to this message   
Larry Pirrone
(Login RISKDR72)
YF12

I have used them

December 5 2017, 9:07 AM 

I made a magnetic latch for my Walther LGU.I eliminated the front ball latch. works great. I did not know Home Depot had them. I bought mine from McMaster-Carr. I will check out HD.

Respond to this message   
Larry Pirrone
(Login RISKDR72)
YF12

JUST BOUGHT A FEW FROM HD

December 5 2017, 9:52 PM 

great sourse. Some that I could not get from MCmaster

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.