<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

FWB 65 Scope

December 3 2017 at 6:32 AM
Frank Alessio  (Login fsa70)
YF12

I just picked up this gorgeous FWB 65, ( Thanks Brad and The Yellow ) and would like to mount a scope on it. It already has a scope rail for it.

What scopes are you members using on these fine shooters. 95% of my shooting will be 10-15 yards. Thanks guys.

https://imgur.com/HmpGrOE

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Charles Woosley
(Login cwoosleyjr)
YF12

Recommended FWB 65 Sight

December 3 2017, 9:36 AM 

I recommend a "reflex" type red or green dot sight which I use. Recommend sights with small dots (i.e. 2-3 mil) and variable intensity. The reflex dot sights are very light weight compared to other dot sights..

Respond to this message   
Patrick
(Login pat601)
YF12

I have used an inexpensive...

December 3 2017, 12:10 PM 

Bushnell Phantom on my Hammerli made Sig Saur Xesse .22lr to test ammo...it rides extremely low and is actually the length of the pistol slide....a perfect fit....

It's low power 2.5x and works very well in splitting hairs as to which ammo shoots best....
What I like most is that is lightweight, low profile and very " minimalistic"...

I've shot some buddies guns with the 6x or 9x...1 1/2 pound glass mounted sticking up 2 1/2 inches above the barrel....high power scopings on a handgun at arms length wears me out looking for the sight picture and holding up the extra weight...

I shoot my above mentioned Sig with a red dot...that scope is for ammo testing only...too slow acquiring a sight picture...

Just my two and a half cents....
eBay has some Bushnell phantoms up for sale , they usually come with the rim fire type mount built in.

Respond to this message   
Michael Edelman
(Login mje1066)
YF

Scoping the FWB 65

December 6 2017, 4:49 PM 

Be advised that the recoil on this recoilless pistol is fairly brutal. That's because the recoiling part of the pistol is very light and accelerators and decelerates very quickly. I have an FWB with a Beeman supplied mount, and discovered that unless you use mounts with a recoil lug, recoil will make the mounts slide off the rail in very few shots, no matter how much you tighten them.

The best mount for the the 65 is the BME:

http://www.bme-mounts.com

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.