<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Anyone having success with the Diana Stormrider?.

December 3 2017 at 4:54 PM
EricinMaine  (Login EricinMaine)
YF12

I got the .22cal. It is more than I hoped for as far as fit quality and finish.The stock looks a lot like a Marauder in color and finish,yet with a more pronounced grain pattern;but not as distinct as an RWS 34.The checkering is not very deep,but it looks good and it works.I like it's light weight and smaller size.The single shot tray is nice.The included magazine bound up and was useless,but the extra that I ordered works great....However,looking at the PAQUETE MICHAEL Dec.2 post,I worry that I may find myself in the Diana boat pulled up alongside.The bolt works well on it's own.But seating a pellet takes 4 to several times more force than any bolt on any other gun I have ever used.The gun is gouging pellets.I scoped the gun and shot it rested to 40 yards.I got round patterns-3.22"ctc.I'm grieved that I have to return it.I really like both companies that I deal with,and I want this to work all the way around.Comments please.

EricinMaine-

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Rob in NC
(Login rob3dr)
AR&P

I have the MRodair version

December 3 2017, 8:33 PM 

I've not had any issues out of it. I'm getting consistently around 1 inch at 40 yards with it, no leaks or nothing. The magazine does fine for me as well.
If the bolt works out well with the single shot tray, perhaps you can just return the magazine for another one?
if it's still hard with the single shot adapter, then it's a cinch to remove the barrel and clean up the transfer port hole a bit and you should be good to go.

Good judgment comes from experience; experience usually comes from bad judgment.

Respond to this message   
EricinMaine
(Login EricinMaine)
YF12

Thankx Rob....

December 4 2017, 2:20 PM 

I pushed a loaded pellet back out and it was gouged up.It probably IS the transfer port.This gun is going back,but if I keep getting this problem,I will have to fix one, as I really want this gun.Sooo...after I take the barrel out of the block,how do I fix the problem?

EricinMaine-

Respond to this message   
Jason
(Login nervoustrigger)
YF12

Remove burr at transfer port

December 4 2017, 3:27 PM 

Take a small dowel or bamboo skewer and round over the top on some sandpaper, Wrap some 320 wet/dry sandpaper over the end and sweep it in and out, angling the round tip so it dips into the port on each pass. The burr will want to tear the paper quickly at first so refresh the abrasive as often as necessary until it stops shredding. Then use some 400 grit in the same manner to smooth it. If the burr is very small, skip the 320 and just use 400.

BTW, I drafted a more comprehensive barrel inspection and accurizing guide here:
http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=130555

Respond to this message   
EricinMaine
(Login EricinMaine)
YF12

remove burr @TP

December 4 2017, 8:21 PM 

Wow.I feel forearmed and more hopeful that I will get the little shooter that I want,in the end.

Thank YOU Jason

EricinMaine-

Respond to this message   

Rob in NC
(Login rob3dr)
AR&P

Yep... Jason Beat Me To It

December 4 2017, 9:53 PM 

.... nothing more to add. You'll get that thing up and running in no time.

Good judgment comes from experience; experience usually comes from bad judgment.

Respond to this message   
Jason
(Login nervoustrigger)
YF12

check the rifling near the muzzle

December 3 2017, 9:24 PM 

I just received a Plinkster on Friday, which shares the same barrel, and the last 1/2" or so of the rifling is damaged. Looks like the same issue that I've seen with some Crosman barrels that were damaged by an unfloated crowning pilot.

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=110179

Respond to this message   
EricinMaine
(Login EricinMaine)
YF12

That is something to look for in the replacement gun

December 4 2017, 2:40 PM 

if I can get past the loading situation.I did notice, also,that the hole in the plastic muzzle break was just a little to the right of the hole in the end of the suppressor.

Thank you for your response.

EricinMaine-

Respond to this message   

Dave Cole
(Login tulsaairguns)
YF12

like rob, I have one as well. Try JSB 15.89's. The higher lead content will

December 3 2017, 10:43 PM 

Make it easier to action the bolt not to mention take your groups down a couple of inches.

Respond to this message   
EricinMaine
(Login EricinMaine)
YF12

At 37deg.F. I thought of more pure lead pellets but

December 4 2017, 2:59 PM 

other than RWS,I don't know which ones are all lead.In Tom Pelletier's review.he tried a superdome.They were wildly inaccurate so I didn't go there.I hope I will have a reason to try the JSB's in the replacement gun.

Thank You Dave

EricinMaine-

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.