<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

177 gauntlet

December 4 2017 at 4:08 PM
melloairman  (Login melloairman)
YF12

I have shoot the rifle for 11 out of 12 days . Have not had good results with the mag's and several brands and nose type's of pellets . So I have been using the tray . When I bought the rifle I figured I would more than likely use the tray any way . I have not chrony it again { it is a 1/4 mile walk up hill to shoot and I am hauling a lot already ] and the rifle is doing good as is . It seems to now be falling off the regulator according to the rifle gauge around 1200 psi . I bought it to shoot spinners from 25 -50 yards and it is doing that for me . It is IMO a good 300 dollar regulated pcp . And I would buy it again . Will it do what a 1500 -3000 dollar regulated pcp will . More than likely not . Even a CS regulated marauder is over 600 dollars . Is it better in some ways ? More than likely . But not worth the added cost for what I am doing . Marvin

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Roy
(Login homology)
YC

I wish all reviews were like this.

December 4 2017, 6:28 PM 

With new guns people either talk them up to be the next best thing after sliced bread or so worthless that there's nothing to like. It's so often we forget that not every airgun we own needs to shoot sub moa groups. In fact I would argue most of the airguns we own should be reliable, simple and capable of spinner accuracy at 30 yards. Glad you found a gun that is appropriate for your purpose and you're happy with that.

How is the adjustable cheekpiece? I think in a 300$ gun having that feature is a big plus. If you have time can you measure the length of pull of the gun? I personally think a reliable gun that shoots 1.5-2 minutes at 30 yards and has excellent ergonomics is much better for all round use than one that shoots sub moa but is hard to handle.

Respond to this message   
melloairman
(Login melloairman)
YF12

The LOP

December 4 2017, 8:33 PM 

Is 14 inches and the check piece rises high enough for me . It is not a light rifle but it is balanced well . We have to remember that the rifles that the manufacture sends to sellers for review are not pulled of the line like ours . I have found that about a 10% rule sets most numbers about right . On American Air Gun their rifle chrony at 905 fps with a 10.43 pellet . Mine is 800 fps. with a 10.5 . And there is still a lot of oil in the hammer portions of the tube that needs to be cleaned out . It is what it is and the sales is what it is . Marvin

Respond to this message   
Roy
(Login homology)
YC

Thanks

December 4 2017, 11:19 PM 

I am seriously tempted to get this to plink away at spinners and soda cans. Trying to find a proper justification for why I need it when I have other airguns just as capable of doing the same!

Thanks all the same for measuring the LOP.

Roy

Respond to this message   

Joe Brancato AirTanksForSale.com 714-907-0067
(Login n6yyo)
YC

Edited

December 5 2017, 9:43 AM 

I now understand you are disappointed on the operation of the magazine, and not the accuracy.

To receive notifications of the latest Airgun and How-To videos, and discounts and updates on my products, please "Like" my FaceBook page at
https://www.facebook.com/AirTanksForSale

Joe Brancato 714-907-0067

For AirTanks, Custom Hoses, Fittings, Gauges, etc.
please click here http://www.AirTanksForSale.com

[linked image][linked image]

This message has been edited by n6yyo on Dec 11, 2017 10:57 AM

Respond to this message   
melloairman
(Login melloairman)
YF12

Joe re read please

December 5 2017, 10:34 AM 

Were do I mention that the rifle is not accurate . I state that I am shooting spinners . So that those that are shooting groups on paper have a clear understanding as to how I use the rifle and are not mislead . I have no doubt that by looking at my spinner groups that the rifle would not satisfy most people . It is a 300 dollar rifle that is well worth the money . And when it gets it's price increase to 360 as the list price states it will still be worth the money IMO . There are a lot of shooters that shoot steel like I do that do not boost of how small a group they are shooting . Most steel shooters have been there and done that . And now enjoy shooting more often when the weather and general shooting arrangements are not the best . Were I live the wind is a constant problem . But this type of target shooting gives me daily practice and the knowledge that when I need to remove a pest I can humanly do so . I am a buyer not a seller .GB Marvin

Respond to this message   

NormanR
(Login blackdiesel)
YF12

Re: Joe re read please

December 9 2017, 1:54 AM 

I assume he took your comments about not good results with the mag to mean not good results with the gun.

This message has been edited by blackdiesel on Dec 10, 2017 1:10 AM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.