<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Anyone buy a Beeman R series rifle within the past year or so?

December 5 2017 at 4:09 PM
JohnKT  (Login JohnKT)
YF

Hey guys,

I haven't posted in a few years as life took me in other directions for a while.

I was wondering if anyone who has ordered a Beeman R series rifle within the last year could tell me if they are still being shipped in those boxes that had a cardboard cutout that the barrel fit through that had a tendency to rub the bluing off of the top of the barrel?

I remember ordering a couple of R series rifles probably 10 years ago where the bluing was rubbed off the barrels because of the cardboard cutout and was hoping that they've gotten rid of that type of box for the R series rifles now.

Thanks for any info.

John

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
scottro
(Login scottgg)
YF

This is how mine have come...always in a plastic bag.

December 5 2017, 9:33 PM 

Respond to this message   

nced
(Login SpringerEd)
YF12

Not a "Beeman R Series" but here is how my HW95 arrived a couple years ago.........

December 5 2017, 10:32 PM 

bl575Cnl.jpg
9AxxnJWl.jpg
l8IxFiPl.jpg
The box did have a bit of "shipping damage" however the contents was undamaged.......
OFTO16Wl.jpg
RGzKQJal.jpg

This message has been edited by SpringerEd on Dec 5, 2017 10:34 PM

Respond to this message   
Quinton L
(Login Domer_Pyle)
YF

A little off topic, but is there any discernible difference between Beeman and HW

December 6 2017, 5:40 PM 

Of the "same" model? Like the HW95 and R9 for example? Sorry if this has been discussed before

Respond to this message   
Quinton L
(Login Domer_Pyle)
YF

Never mind, thought it would be more difficult to drum up some info. NT

December 6 2017, 6:53 PM 

Respond to this message   

nced
(Login SpringerEd)
YF12

Basically same guns with different "furniture".

December 7 2017, 9:19 AM 

My "almost $500 Beeman R9" on the left with pretty gold trigger blade and my "$299 HW95 on sale" on the right........
eHEAp7oh.jpg

The Beeman R9 came without iron sights but the "muzzle break" and a set of two piece scope rings (cheapies similar to UTGs) was included. Matter of fact, the R9 barrel wasn't even drilled and tapped for "irons" if you wanted them and the "muzzle break" seems to be permanently attached.

Respond to this message   
Jim in SWMO
(Login jmhenrichs)
YF

The current R9

December 7 2017, 10:02 AM 

The R9 that PA is currently selling now comes with open sights and has the same stock and front sight, which accepts inserts, as the current HW95 Luxus. So basically, the R9 is the same gun as the 95 Luxus but with the gold trigger and Beeman name on it.

R9
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Beeman_R9_Air_Rifle/1900/8726

HW95 Luxus
http://www.weihrauch-sport.de/air-rifles/hw-95-luxus?lang=en

Standard HW95
http://www.weihrauch-sport.de/air-rifles/hw-95-standard?lang=en

"You've come far, pilgrim."-------"Feels like far."
"Were it worth the trouble?"-----"Ah, what trouble?"

Respond to this message   
Scott
(Login Scott80IN)
YF12

Beeman

December 6 2017, 2:33 PM 

I ordered a hw97k from PA last year or two and it came in a green Beeman box with fitted foam.

Respond to this message   
BillE.
(Login garczar)
YF12

Re: Beeman

December 6 2017, 5:04 PM 

I really like the Beeman boxes. Best factory box for sure.
"\"\""

Respond to this message   
JohnKT
(Login JohnKT)
YF

Re: Beeman

December 7 2017, 2:13 PM 

Thanks for the info everyone!

I should've mentioned in my original post that I was familiar with the Weihrauch rifle boxes that have some styrofoam and where the rifles is wrapped in a transparent plastic wrapper closed off with a red rubber band.

I was specifically curious about how the Beeman labeled rifles were boxed.

So, I have my answer(green boxes with foam-sounds good as far as protecting the metal finish is concerned).

Thanks again to everyone who replied.

John

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.