<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Rapid70's P-Rod Bullpup opinions please..

January 5 2018 at 12:45 PM

Kevin  (Login razor62)
YC

Thinking of investing in one of Rapid70's bullpup kits. Looking for feedback from anyone who's had experience with the vendor and /or the product. I'm a little concerned about ergonomics because I'm a lefty. Wondering if the magazine will interfere with cheek weld. Also concerned with length of pull as far as what others think about shootability with such a short, shoulder fired gun. I own a Mutant short and I have no problems with the size of that gun but this one seems smaller still which is why I'm fascinated with it.

[urlhttps://imgur.com/bRvBaR4][img][linked image][/img][/url]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

i like it

January 5 2018, 11:57 PM 

I also think , just judging by the pics the mechanics of it are well sorted out.. wish I could see it next to a manufactured BP

Respond to this message   

rami939
(Login rami939)
YF12

i like it .

January 6 2018, 9:00 AM 

This message has been edited by rami939 on Jan 6, 2018 9:04 AM

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

Re: i like it .

January 6 2018, 8:55 PM 

yes , that's really tiny ! thanks for link

Respond to this message   

roger wilson
(Login ramjet62)
YF

Re: i like it .

January 6 2018, 8:59 PM 

Rami , your COLBRI looks exactly like mine , it is spitting Image (twin) , I have to go & make sure I still have mine, (joke about looking for mine) Nice H/B, roger

Respond to this message   

rami939
(Login rami939)
YF12

Roger Wilson..

January 7 2018, 8:28 AM 

there's a chance that, as a matter of fact ,you may own that very same gun ,since I've sold it to another member of this forum,maybe 2 years ago .

Here's a picture of the serial number of that gun,so you can confirm if it's the same b/p

https://i.imgur.com/6xwKWfZ.jpg

This message has been edited by rami939 on Jan 7, 2018 8:30 AM

Respond to this message   

roger wilson
(Login ramjet62)
YF

Rami

January 7 2018, 10:58 AM 

thanks for the pic, it IS my H/B,i purchased 7-12-16 on yellow.. what can you tell me about it ? any info would be much appreciated. my email is ramjet1320atmsndotcom ph # is 815 433 four three o three, thanks, roger

This message has been edited by ramjet62 on Jan 7, 2018 11:04 AM

Respond to this message   

rami939
(Login rami939)
YF12

Opinion on the Rapid 70 b/p

January 7 2018, 6:51 PM 

Hi there,

you'll need to get used to the short length ,but,is very manageable ,and also,since you're left hand shooter,the magazine sticking out to the right side ,might be an issue for you .

There's an easy fix for it,in the way of using of a single pellet tray ,which is what I'm using at the moment .

The rig is very light weight,which is perfect for hunting in hilly areas ,or ,to carry it in a back pack ,or boat/kayak .

"All that being said,since you already own a Taipan mutant short,I would stick to that gun ".

The only sacrifice would be the extra 5 inches longer,but you gain more shots,and more power with the Taipan .

I've owned a Taipan mutant short,so ,I know .

I bought my Prod already converted to what it looks like now,everything barely used ,and then,added a Robert Lane regulator and I've got some internal work done as well .

After all the stuff is added,you'll end up putting out the same money you pay for the Taipan,and,the Taipan short will smoke the prod any day of the week .

Hope these comments will help somehow to decide if it's worth it .

Is up to you Chief !

Good luck .

This message has been edited by rami939 on Jan 7, 2018 7:05 PM

Respond to this message   

Kevin
(Login razor62)
YC

Thank you Rami. Much appreciated. NT

January 8 2018, 8:33 AM 

Respond to this message   
Stevej313
(Login stevej313)
YF12

Rapid 70 opinion

January 8 2018, 12:45 PM 

I also have a Mutant short, and a Rapid 70 kit added to my Prod and a bunch of other modifications done to it as well. Sometimes I consider selling the Mutant just because I find the Rapid P easier to aim, smaller, lighter, and just as accurate (although at much shorter distances) and I'm also not concerned about it getting bumps and bruises like i am with the Mutant. The Mutant is the far superior machine, with much more power etc but I can't honestly say that I like it more. When I purchased it the Rapid mod was already done to it so I cant comment on if it was better as a pistol or not.

Pic's next to the Mutant Short

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Kevin
(Login razor62)
YC

Very helpful. Thank you SteveJ...

January 9 2018, 9:43 AM 

Thinking of keeping this in the truck thus making it my "Truck Gun". That magazine really looks like it'll interfere with my "Lefty" dexterity. I like the single shot tray idea but a magazine is always preferred for those quick followup shots.
I kinda' like these mini-guns. Having one more would not be a problem for me. Currently I own a Vulcan Bullpup, a Mutant Short and a Leshiy if that tells you anything... happy.gif

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.