<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Forum Migration support group-possible data loss in the future for N54?

January 9 2018 at 8:52 PM
DremelPilot  (Login DremelPilot)
YF12

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/forum-migration-support-f99/?sid=ad016d5032afd86031a9fe60e5118a98

I did a look see & seems a lot of forums are being migrated and it is not at all going smoothly.

I'd hope the powers that be let us discuss this & possibly archive any data we don't want to loose.
This forum has a treasure trove of airgun history & I would hate to see it lost in a acquisition.

Hope I'm wrong but plan for the worst & hope for the best may be the advise here.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

willy
(Login willy1)
YC

I thought something was funney a couple weeks ago?

January 9 2018, 10:46 PM 

when the search function didn't work then other thing were acting up? yes i hope it does,nt go down?

Respond to this message   

RedFeather
(Login RedFeather)
YC

Here's how my day went

January 9 2018, 11:27 PM 

I posted to a thread on the Dianawerk, explaining why I was locking it down. Went to preview/proof, waited......waited......waited.....timed out and lost the connection, including what I had worked on for a quarter hour. So, rewrote my post, copied it to the clipboard this time to be safe, then managed to post it after three tries. Then I went in to edit the original post to remove a link. It came up as html, which I deleted. To be sure I had done it properly, I thought I would preview it. Hit Preview, waited.....System Error. Edited, again. Hit Preview, waited.....System Error. Once more, same result. I finally hoped for the best and simply hit Reply which worked. Then decided to add "EDITED" to the original header before locking. Only took three more attempts. Fifteen minutes of work, forty-five minutes of frustration. Every other forum I visited today came up quickly, as usual, EXCEPT any on NotWork54. Is this the (SAD) shape of things to come? If so, a whole lotta folks are gonna have a whole lot more time to be shooting vs typing. Maybe that's a good thing. Now let's see if this manages to post.

This message has been edited by RedFeather on Jan 9, 2018 11:37 PM

Respond to this message   

willy
(Login willy1)
YC

I thought the computer world and digital life was supose to make

January 9 2018, 11:55 PM 

life easier"the one that scare's me the most is plug&play" don't leave any guns laying around"

This message has been edited by willy1 on Jan 9, 2018 11:58 PM

Respond to this message   
SteveV
(Login stevevines)
YC

Thanks for the heads up -

January 10 2018, 6:49 AM 

Just finished reading a post on the Green (Crosman) Forum on the issues maybe ahead:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/message/1515522614/TapaTalk+has+acquired+Network54

bummer

EDIT: spellig

This message has been edited by stevevines on Jan 10, 2018 6:50 AM

Respond to this message   

David Enoch
(Login DavidEnoch)
YF

I am optimistic about the upgrade

January 10 2018, 8:16 AM 

I have been one of the people who loves this format. I still do but with the Photobucket problems I am now at a point where even I will be glad to see some changes. I hope the new format includes photo hosting. That would be my number one wish.

Unlike a lot of people, I like the way that topics move down the page and I like for all different topics to be covered in one place. I don't like the segmented approach that most forums use today. I feel like I have to go though a lot of hoops to see all the new post.

David Enoch

Respond to this message   

ClassMod
(Login ClassMod)
CL

Take this type of discussion to the Off Topics Forum.

January 10 2018, 10:01 AM 

The "YF" is for airgun discussion only.

Respond to this message   

Steve in CT
(Premier Login q1q)
BOI

It’s ok. This is very relevant to this forum. I was told...

January 12 2018, 4:47 PM 

I was told that we are scheduled to be migrated to tapatalks. That would be a blessing if you are asking me. Let’s see hw long it takes.

Respond to this message   
chuck
(Login charlie9g)
YF

hopeful and optimistic

January 17 2018, 4:52 PM 

hey it's the future right now and a fast and stable platform should be attainable. we should be better than ever.
small caliber joy

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.