Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

ray1377
(Login ray1377)
AR&P

I just read about this about an hour ago, and like you

January 12 2018, 5:42 PM 

I am very interested.
I just hate that Crosman waited so long to get a multi-shot, regulated and shrouded airgun out there for us.
Ray

Respond to this message   
EricinMaine
(Login EricinMaine)
YF12

I wonder if they are reaming/sizeing these barrels

January 12 2018, 6:14 PM 

before rifling.We were told that was going to be the new process.Would they do that on such an affordable rifle?

EricinMaine-

Respond to this message   
SteveV
(Login stevevines)
YC

Looks like a 1720 type breech & shroud on a Disco tube -

January 12 2018, 6:36 PM 

just wondering what took them so long.

Wonder how many more permutations of Crosman guns this will aford?

EDIT: Probably should have mentioned the Maximus instead, what with the stock and all...

This message has been edited by stevevines on Jan 12, 2018 6:38 PM

Respond to this message   
gubb33ps
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

HArd to judge the propotions on an ad-photo...

January 12 2018, 7:03 PM 

...and I'm rather HOPING it's a modded P-rod type breech rather than an M-Rod....can't tell for sure. But if it wrere, the a repeater 1720 might be a whole lot easier in a year or two.

This message has been edited by gubb33ps on Jan 12, 2018 7:04 PM

Respond to this message   
SteveV
(Login stevevines)
YC

You're right re: proportions -

January 13 2018, 8:04 AM 

but seems it would make more sense for it to be a P-Rod/1720 type breech, as they're already made for the 1" tube?

Either way, this just proves that competition is good, Crosman is throwing down their own gauntlet, although a 7/8" tubed one lol -

and in retrospect, I'm betting a R-Rod upper on a Maximus lower is what we have here.

Very cool. I'd rather have one of these than a Gauntlet anyway. Win Win imho.

Let the waiting begin -

EDIT: 7/8" not 1"!

This message has been edited by stevevines on Jan 14, 2018 10:29 AM

Respond to this message   
gubb33ps
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

It's the .177 version.....

January 13 2018, 12:26 PM 

..that makes me wonder. A P-rod breech makes sense for the size tube, but as they have not made a .177 breech/mags in that breech, it has me wondering. In a way, I kind of hope it is a P-Rod breech, which would allow repeater versions of the 1720....eventually, Crosman would get double use. If it's an M-rod breech (still seems proportionally too small), then a single use.

This message has been edited by gubb33ps on Jan 13, 2018 12:27 PM

Respond to this message   

C. Jones
(Login limbshaker)
YF12

Trigger...

January 12 2018, 6:54 PM 

Is that a Discovery trigger?

Gawd I hope not. Shows a lot of promise other than possibly having a junky Disco trigger. That may ruin it.

Respond to this message   
gubb33ps
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

No problem...

January 12 2018, 7:06 PM 

..careful work, but not really hard work, makes them perfectly acceptable to me. YEp...do have M-rod type triggers on some, but others I'm perfectly content with a well adjusted Disco-type trigger.

Respond to this message   

daveshoot
(Login daveshoot)
AR&P

5.3 lbs

January 12 2018, 9:20 PM 

That's what caught my attention, on top of the obvious benefits and claims of accuracy. Sigh. Something is going to have to go if I decide to try one.

I respect the Marauder capabilities but I do hate lugging them around... so I don't, very much.

I sure would like to know more about the trigger, and it's obviously not the M-rod group. If it's based on P-rod/1720 style, I would purtner have to sign up for one.

Respond to this message   
melloairman
(Login melloairman)
YF12

Shot Show might tell us more n/t

January 12 2018, 9:53 PM 

Respond to this message   
SteveV
(Login stevevines)
YC

I'll bet a 1720/R-Rod trigger pack will bolt right up -

January 13 2018, 8:13 AM 

cause we know in all reality it's gonna be a Disco trigger, but there are lots of known mods -

Respond to this message   
Paul in Zhills
(Login jps2486)
YF

I'm impressed

January 13 2018, 9:36 AM 

That's a fine offering by an AMERICAN company to offer a PCP rifle which is also a repeater,and regulated for $299! All you nit pickers can say what you want, but I think Crosman is finally responding to customer demands. It would be further advantageous if they made this available on their custom shop with some nice upgrades. AND FINALLY, a visually appealing stock. Great job!

Respond to this message   
Jason
(Login nervoustrigger)
YF12

I'm glad to see it, too

January 13 2018, 12:37 PM 

But I'm not particularly impressed. I'm rather certain it has less to do with what their customers have been asking for, and more to do with the Gauntlet.

There wouldn't be a Fortitude in Q1 2018 were it not for the Gauntlet.

Respond to this message   
JohnL57
(Login JohnL57)
YF

Glad to see the more secure breech/air tube connection...

January 13 2018, 11:22 AM 

I had a Katana back in the day (Disco with Marauder trigger)-It would do 1/2 groups at 40 yards, but the POI would shift. I tried every combination of barrel bands and still never could solve the problem.
If a better trigger can be fitted such as a Marauder group or P-rod, I'll start setting aside some cash!

Respond to this message   
Paul in Zhills
(Login jps2486)
YF

Most airguns have a reasonable level of

January 13 2018, 1:10 PM 

Accuracy, and I'm sure this one will be fairly decent. For $299, what do you expect?? An Anschutz? Give me a break. This will probably shoot less than 1 inch at 50 yards and the trigger won't be exactly perfect, but it will open the door to a lot of people to airguns and PCPs. It will be accurate enough for small game hunting and will make Ralphie very happy next Christmas. This is a very good marketing move by Crosman. Look what the Marauder has done. It's created a whole new industry of aftermarket parts manufacturers for the tinkerers wishing to improve their rifles. I expect the same thing here. Down the road, these folks will trade up to more sophisticated stuff.

This message has been edited by jps2486 on Jan 13, 2018 1:15 PM

Respond to this message   
EricinMaine
(Login EricinMaine)
YF12

Paul,I'm with you in your hopes.But,I still have a

January 13 2018, 1:42 PM 

couple of Crosman/Benjamin "airgun shaped objects" here at home.So 6"plusss patterns of 6 shots at 40 yd.is easily possible.

EricinMaine-

Respond to this message   
Scot Laughlin
(Login classicalgas)
YF

That not a Mrod or Disco trigger, is it? Im wishing I'd held on to my old walnut

January 13 2018, 1:27 PM 

2260 stocks.

More good mix and match parts there, for customs, if nothing else.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.