<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Help please in reducing the power on an LG100 AZ and EV2 Korick mk2

February 3 2018 at 2:24 PM

AngliaUSA  (Login AngliaUSA)
YF12

Ok so I have an LG100AZ - Bumble Bee yellow with the barley twist barrel - set up by AZ to shoot at 18ft lbs.

What do I need to do to it to get it shooting at 11.5 ft lbs for WFTF ?

Am I correct in thinking a softer hammer spring and a reduced threaded port screw might get me to where I want to be ?

and the same question applies to my EV2 mk2 ... also an 18ft lb open FT gun, it has a Korick regulator installed as well as the big longer HW barrel - from what i've read on line there is a breech velocity adjustment screw I can fiddle with and then also adjusting the hammer spring adjustment ... I do have the original AA 12ft lb barrel to put back on , it's shorter length will likely be better suited to WFTF shooting.

Have any of you attempted this successfully ?

If so any pointers would be much appreciated.

My concern is that both rifles are regulated to shoot at a higher power output and without installing a new lower powered regulator I might be simply chasing my tail .... thoughts ?

Cheers all.

James B

[urhttps://imgur.com/h3R6Mko][img][linked image][/img][/url]

[urhttps://imgur.com/b7yw8GA][img][linked image][/img][/url]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jeff D
(Login jcdx25)
YC

You may be able to adjust the regs.

February 3 2018, 7:39 PM 

They are not difficult but I've never touched a Korick and I think the adjustment range on the Steyr is rather small.

On the 100, the TP will help but I think there are only 3 sizes and the one sized for the 6fpe target guns might be too small and the big one won't help you. So it depends which one you have. (I think they are still identifiable by color). The small one could always be drilled out... Or maybe that's what AZ did already...

I will actually be re-finding the write-ups I found a cou8ple years ago on the Steyr regs as I will be trying to bump up an LP2 I just acquired... happy.gif Only option I have on that is adjusting the reg as I don't want to make any physical changes. If I find anything useful, I'll email it to you. Might be a couple days though.

This message has been edited by jcdx25 on Feb 3, 2018 8:24 PM

Respond to this message   
Don Armstrong
(Login doninva1)
YF12

If your Steyr regulator is like my LG110, you will not be able to

February 3 2018, 8:20 PM 

get to 12fpe without removing a Belville washer and will need a regulator checker to setup. The 12 fpe regulator is 85 bar and the 20 fpe is 125 bar if I remember correctly. Regulators are easy to change once you have it set right. I don't know about the other gun. Don

Respond to this message   
Cameron
(Login Kerndtc)
YF12

LG110 Regulator

February 4 2018, 11:28 PM 

Was your LG100 updated with an external velocity adjuster?

A high pressure regulator will have no problem going to 12fpe, but it will require a lighter hammer strike and get less shots per fill before it drops off the reg. You can order a lower pressure regulator from Benke, I ordered mine from there.

I have no experience with the ev2! Couldn't help you there!

Hope you're doing well buddy,

Cameron

Respond to this message   
Cameron
(Login Kerndtc)
YF12

LG100 Regulator

February 4 2018, 11:28 PM 

Was your LG100 updated with an external velocity adjuster?

A high pressure regulator will have no problem going to 12fpe, but it will require a lighter hammer strike and get less shots per fill before it drops off the reg. You can order a lower pressure regulator from Benke, I ordered mine from there.

I have no experience with the ev2! Couldn't help you there!

Hope you're doing well buddy,

Cameron

Respond to this message   

Angliausa
(Login AngliaUSA)
YF12

Thanx for all the advice

February 5 2018, 2:07 AM 

I'll let you know how I get on !

Cheers.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.