<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

do any of you guys feel that the market is so....

February 7 2018 at 2:50 PM
PAQUETE MICHAEL  (Login mikerws)
YF12

Flooded with different brands and models of airguns that your actually scared to even list your airguns for sale of fear of blood bath sad.gif...guess it's the nature of the beast but it certainly hurts wallet a little.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Rob in NC
(Login rob3dr)
AR&P

Nope

February 7 2018, 5:10 PM 

I think the diversity in the market in airguns has helped to drive new prices down. Sure, you may take a hit on selling used guns, but I believe that to be the case in any hobby niche. You have to go into it realizing that you likely wont get your money back; especially if you've paid for custom work. Lots of custom work of days gone by is incorporated into new guns now as a matter of standard.

Respond to this message   
Nolen
(Login tinman2)
YF12

Yes New airgun market is gone now -

February 7 2018, 7:06 PM 

As 1994-2013 was the very best New Airguns ever made,,
New things now are mostly remakes of old guns ten years ago,, The real sell is older guys getting out of the
Market to maybe new younger shooter coming up, to buy
Theoben Fenman, and other in this same market,
Also PCP will go the same way,,
Most New gun now are junk very poorly made over all,, and
Will not last 25 plus years,,

Respond to this message   
SteveV
(Login stevevines)
YC

That would depend on your definition of blood bath -

February 7 2018, 6:43 PM 

What sort of return are you expecting, percentage-wise?

Whatever your loss is should just be considered as "rent" - you gotta pay to play breaux!

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

IMO

February 7 2018, 8:50 PM 

the new market is killing the used/older market.. who knew hatsan would have a 50 fpe bullpup coming out for 399 msrp.. and crosman would have a regulated gun for 299 , along with gauntlets selling for 245 now.. SO I agree ! its not a sellers market at all..
from a buyers perspective, I see discos for 265 and laugh , I would pay about 100 even unless it had a repeater breech.. . .. just a different economy than 2011 -2015.. BUT < BUT look at a cell phone , you know already you lost 30 % when you walk out the door , and everyone still runs to pay 900 for the latest iphone

This message has been edited by robnewyork on Feb 7, 2018 8:53 PM

Respond to this message   
PAQUETE MICHAEL
(Login mikerws)
YF12

I guess the springer market is pretty stable but ....

February 7 2018, 9:08 PM 

the pcp market has been getting crazy. my awesome shooting condor ss 25 will have to stay because it's a dinosaur in this market but at least I like it happy.gif

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

springers

February 8 2018, 7:18 AM 

will hold valve better..No one is replacing the r9, r7, fwb300 and so on with a new offering from hatsan,umarex or crosman. well , not yet anyway (-:

Respond to this message   
crazyhorse
(Login icufuzz)
YC

Re: springers

February 8 2018, 9:40 AM 

Very good point about the Springers.

The Gantlet, by the way, is nothing more than a copy of a popular HPA conversion....if you check it.

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

yes

February 8 2018, 11:52 AM 

they didn't have to do any research , its been going on for many years.

Respond to this message   
gubb33ps
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

They still make springers?

February 8 2018, 6:10 PM 

OK...that's about the 12th time I've said that...but it certainly seems to be worth it.

Unless someone (some "maker") puts the effort into making a really good, easy to shoot, affordable to the new-guy springer, it's going the way of the flintlock.

Not that a lot of us confirmed traditional black powder shooters don't LOVE a "rock lock" above percussion (or centerfire)...but it gets expensive...and it gets to be fewer and fewer of us as the years pass that are willing to pay the freight for a good one.

What springer shooters need, is a really good, easy to shoot, inexpesnsive choice.

Respond to this message   
Bsagunner
(Login bsagunner)
YF

Springers will always be made ...

February 8 2018, 7:10 PM 

I agree that the springer should continue to be developed. I think as long as there are airgunners there will be springers. Nice as PCPs are there are a lot of people who prefer springers including myself. Just as the development of the semi auto pistol did not get rid of the revolver the pcp will not eliminate the springer. Same with black powder muzzle loaders. Muzzle loaders were modernized but antique replicas are still made. After all the bow and arrows are still around and prospering, and modernized as well. There will be springers forever. I would like to see what a new modernized springer will look like in 20 years, but I will still love my trusty old breakbarrel

Respond to this message   
gubb33ps
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

Actually,,,think we should ask for better than this....

February 9 2018, 7:03 PM 

"We" being folks that still shoot springers...and "better than this" being the unbalanced nature of most inexpensive springers. Rought/jumpy, really hold sensitive at best (impossibly in accurate at worst).

Yeah...I understand that "power sells"....which is why so many cheap-springers quote velocity on the box that either was achieved by some super-lite pellet or a single reading from a freak shot (OR...just made up).

Going to have to make a better cheap springer if we are to "hook" the new guys into the system....there are very nice shooting $200-$300 PCPs...ignore the energy difference...but if springers are going to "keep up" they are going to have to find a way to be easier for the average first time buyer to shoot well (average first time buyer isn't going to spend the $$$ for the best ones we have now).

This message has been edited by gubb33ps on Feb 9, 2018 7:06 PM

Respond to this message   

Bill S
(Login tripleguy)
YC

I agree Rob

February 8 2018, 10:33 AM 

There were discussions on this point years ago with respect to $1,000 - $2,000 air rifles. They werent worth that much then and they certainly aren't now. As soon as corporations stepped in and incorporated the designs into their new products, the price for similar performance came down. These are still pellet guns after all.

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

i feel like

February 8 2018, 11:59 AM 

were just starting to catch up to where paintball has been for years.. a lot of stuff people begged for in 2015 is readily available now .

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.