[Home] [Message Boards]
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

james g. morris

November 18 2017 at 10:25 AM
cb 

Dee Ann, I was wondering if you thought that James' wife Mahala was the daughter of Leven(?) Benson? I believe Leven died in Lincoln county, Tennessee. thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dee Ann Buck

Y Marker Line

November 19 2017, 5:01 PM 

This is the line of Reed Morris who supplied to us the Y marker profile for our Morris Family. He gives the wife of James G. Morris as Mahala Benson daughter of Elven & Chrischaney Benson. I have entered them on my tree. Will see what will turn up in the future.

Respond to this message   
cb

dna

December 20 2017, 12:07 PM 

Does having a DNA test help to confirm Morris or Brown, if the link is not through the maternal line? I know I need to get a male relative to take a DNA test.....but have not been able to. I am pretty much the only person in my family interested in genealogy.

Respond to this message   
Dee Ann Buck

I Can't Say

December 20 2017, 8:38 PM 

since I do not know who you are "cb".

I can only tell you my personal DNA profile is in 5 different pools. My mtDNA runs through Morris Family and I have used other cousin's test to confirm my Paper Tree back through that line. In fact all my ancestors which appear on my 4th Generation Chart have been confirm by DNA.

You start with yourself (who ever you are) see if you match with parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, 1st, 2nd cousin on back. If two researchers are as far as 4th cousin or beyond you may or not may show a match on the "Family Finder" test.

Y marker test and mtDNA (goes back 10,000 years)can go back far than you will be able to find paper documentation.

I really can't say since I do not know who you are and how and if you fit on my tree.

Respond to this message   
Cathey

Dna

December 20 2017, 9:21 PM 

Sorry Dee Ann, I thought you recognized me from our messages here and on ancestry. My line traces from Isaac and Elizabeth Morris, their son James, his son John James, etc.

Respond to this message   
Dee Ann Buck

Robert Reed Morris

December 21 2017, 9:51 AM 

he supplied his Y marker to the Morris Family he is my 4th once removed. He did not do "Family Finder" so I do not know if he and I would show a match. I have matched with 4th cousins. If you follow his line, I do not know.

I have supplied the mtDNA J1c8a to this couples descends.Elizabeth Brown back to Elizabeth Fox in Ireland.

Again just do your DNA test and see what "pop up".

Respond to this message   
Cathey

Dna

December 21 2017, 9:52 AM 

Would it help you or would you be interested in seeing my daughters results?

Respond to this message   
Dee Ann Buck

No Not Really

December 21 2017, 12:30 PM 

She would be a more distant cousin than you. What is her mtDNA line (oldest female ancestress would be the same as yours).

Respond to this message   
cathey

dna

December 21 2017, 12:43 PM 

that is what I thought.....I didn't think it would help. It will help me trace my line back through my maternal great great grandmother.
Would you allow me access to your ancestry tree?

Respond to this message   
Cathey

Tree

December 31 2017, 6:26 PM 

Would you allow me access to your ancestry tree? Thank you

Respond to this message   
Dee Ann Buck

Short Answer

January 6 2018, 7:14 PM 

No.

If I receive no useful information from other researchers, like their DNA input from them, really they will not add useful information to my tree.

Why should you think I should share my 37 years of collection of paper documentation with you? The reason I want these DNA samples from family members is to help confirm my paper documentation.

Plus the fact I would like to know how others use my material. At the moment only three researchers: my daughter in law and two of my McKay cousins can look at my tree.I have met them and I know how they fit into my tree and all have given me DNA samples.

Clear.

Respond to this message   
Cb

Dna

January 6 2018, 10:24 PM 

Thank you.....good luck with your research.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
[Next board]

� 1997 steer_family@hotmail.com