[Home] [Message Boards]
  << Previous TopicReturn to index  

With Sadness to report the passing of Dee Ann (Shipp) Buck

January 28 2018 at 10:18 PM
Michael McKay  

Our beloved cousin, Dee Ann passed away this afternoon as reported by her husband. Dee Ann has been a long time supporter of this website and a frequent contributor to this message board. She will be greatly missed. From the words of her husband:

Dear family, friends and shipmates,

My wife and life partner for the past 45 years, Dee Ann, died this afternoon after suffering a severe heart attack on Friday evening. She passed away peacefully surrounded by her family. Many of you did not know her, as she was not a social person, more comfortable in the solitary pursuit of family and her cherished genealogy. She was, however, a devoted wife and a loving and fierce protector to our two sons, who she raised to be strong, capable young men. In the past 17 months she had become the adoring grandmother to our first grandchild.

I'm still trying to process this and come to terms with it all. I know I can count on all of you to help me in the healing process over the days and weeks ahead. As was her way, we're not planning a funeral, but we will have a celebration of her life sometime in the coming weeks. I will keep you informed.

Rest in peace Moose

Respond to this message   
Shaun McKay

Dee Ann

January 29 2018, 9:57 AM 

Hello Michael,
I appreciate you sharing this news. I am so sorry for your loss and for Dee Ann's family's loss.
In the end, it is our loss also. Dee Ann shared with us and kept us on the straight and narrow. Now it is our responsibility to keep her work alive and find the answers she dedicated her life to. Finally, thank you Dee Ann, for all you did on behalf of us, the Robert MacKay Sr Clan.

Respond to this message   
Michael McKay

Three of her genealogies now up

January 30 2018, 1:30 AM 

I now have the links set up for three of her genealogies online. These are in PDF format.

McKay and Antrim can be found here:
Scroll down to just before the segment called "More Robert Mackay Clan related pages".

The Sowers genealogy can be found here:
Scroll down to just before the segment called "MMore Sowers, Kerfoot and Davis family & Bethel Church related pages".

Respond to this message   

Dee Ann

January 30 2018, 3:46 PM 

It is with great sadness that I have read your email. I am sorry for your loss.
Although I never met Dee Ann, we have exchanged messages on and off for many years. She was the only other person I knew researching our Morris family. She taught me never to accept information at face value but to find the proof behind all family connections and information. Without her input I would never have been able to trace our family. She will be missed, cb

Respond to this message   
Michael McKay

January 30 2018, 6:28 PM 

I have been feeling a strong sense of emptyness with this board because of Dee Ann's passing, knowing that I will never see a new post or reply from her here. I guess I just took for granted that she was always around, ready to share a new discovery or respond to a question. Much of what I know about my grandfather's side came from her.

Now, I just have to comb through her past postings for information needed to update our family records.

Dee Ann, you are missed tremendously.

Respond to this message   
Michael McKay

Memorial Service

February 10 2018, 8:17 PM 

Here is the information on Dee Ann's memorial service:

Dear Family and Friends,

Please join us in a celebration of the life of Dee Ann (Shipp) Buck who passed away on 28 January. The service will be held on Saturday, 24 February 2018 at 11:00 AM in the Broadlands Community Center located at 43008 Waxpool Road, Ashburn, VA 20148. A map of the local Broadlands/Ashburn area is attached. The easiest (though not the quickest) way to get there is to take VA RT 7 northwest towards Leesburg, turn south on Claiborne Parkway for approximately 5 miles, then turn right on Waxpool Rd. The Broadlands Community Center is on your right.

Please pass this on to any family or friends I may have missed. If you have any questions or need better directions, don't hesitate to give me call at (703) 344-1036.

Respond to this message   
Michael McKay

Dee Ann's memorial

February 23 2018, 7:03 AM 

I have up on the website the memorial write-up for Dee Ann. You can see it by clicking on the link below:

I will not be able to attend the memorial service on Saturday due to prior commitments.

You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous TopicReturn to index  
[Next board]

� 1997 steer_family@hotmail.com