To go back to the home page, please click the link for www.kegelmaster.pro or www.MyKM.com

Return To Top   

Use of the KegelMaster Post-Op

September 19 2009 at 11:43 PM
SJM 

Response to Women with the most severe prolapses have waited too long - here's why.

Hello everyone! I’ve been using the KM for almost 8 years. I’m 55 years old, and the KM is a key component in my life for staying healthy, fit and sexy! Using the KM almost completely eradicated the stress incontinence I had 8 years ago (yes, within 2 weeks, like everyone says), but my uterine and rectocele prolapses were too far gone to be reversed. After much research, and consultation with two different surgeons, I eventually decided to go ahead with surgery.

Exactly 3 years ago I had a supra-cervical hysterectomy (I retained my cervix and ovaries,just the main part of the uterus was removed), my bladder was lifted and the urethra tightened, and a rectocele was repaired. The hysterectomy and bladder repair were done using laporoscopy, and the rectocele trans-vaginally. Overall, the surgery was highly successful, though not without some post-op issues. In hind sight these could have been avoided, but eventually things got worked out. Surgery IS serious, and if one can avoid it – great. If you are, as Sari states, too far gone, then try very hard to find a surgeon who does laporoscopy. It's so much easier on your body and recovery is very fast! I was back running a couple of months after surgery (my surgeon actually said I could start running right at 6 weeks, but I held off for other reasons), and ran a half marathon with no trouble 6 months post-surgery (and continue to do one or two every year; I'm only restricted by my lack of time for training).

The advantages of the surgery are that my stress incontinence is 100% resolved, even during occasional times when I slack off a bit from using the KM. I feel sexier because my rectocele is no longer visible at the vaginal opening, and I no longer suffer from lower back pain after being in a standing position after just a couple of minutes. (My uterus was retroverted (tipped backwards) and must have been putting pressure on something, because now I can stand forever and my lower back is just fine!). And I did not grieve over the sudden halt to my periods, in fact quite the opposite at my age!

So ... down the road from surgery a ways, I am glad I did it. But I'm also glad I regularly use my KM! Unquestionably, use of it keeps my bladder much happier. I don't pee as much in the day and almost never at night. Due to a tendency for constipation which I've had my whole life, I have to drink quite a bit of water and other liquids (plus, of course, the right amount of fibre) every day, so using the KM means that my bladder can handle that better. And I know for a fact that the KM helps to maintain a healthy sexual responsiveness. Despite my age and being post-menopausal, my orgasms are regular and very strong. My main squeeze (who is on the small side) loves the way I feel tight, and can "massage" him, and I've had 2 fairly large babies.

I wish the KegelMaster had been in my life when I was younger, but am I ever glad I found out about it in later life! If you're considering this product, consider no longer. Get one, and start using it. You will never regret it.

Oh, and I should also add that I've been using the same KM for 8 years, and it's in as good a shape as the day it arrived!

SJM (Canada)

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FitnessCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
PLEASE BE AWARE: it seems this hosting site uses a robot called viglink to get commission from posting links. Please do not click on any links that are in the discussion forum. We cannot be sure they are safe from malware. The only approved links are www.kegelmaster.pro or MyKM.com or MyKM.net Thank you.

limited time offer - free shipping and handling!

There simply is no treatment or device as effective as the Kegelmaster. Along with the "Second Device" which we provide FREE, it is virtually failureproof.

Order Yours today. Go to Kegelmaster.pro or Mykm.com