To go back to the home page, please click the link for www.kegelmaster.pro or www.MyKM.com

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return To Top   

rectocele

December 27 2004 at 12:17 PM
anonymous 

hello, I have had a rectocele, cystocele and tvt sling repair 5 weeks ago. I went to a very reputable hospital and I feel comfortable with the doctor that did the surgery, however the rectocele is not gone. It bothers me much more before and after bowel movemtents then it seems to settle down. The doctor examined me and said that the rectocele is still there but not as bad as it was and that I shouldn't have as much trouble with it (it was a stage 2, so now it's that or less). The doctors office is 1 1/2 hours away so I can't just run up there all the time and I do not go to my local gynecologist because of the original misdiagnosis. I am however in the process of looking for a local gynecologist. When I mentioned pelvic exercisers as a way to help and strenghten vagina to prevent furthur problems, the surgical doctor said that these machines are not helpful and are a scam. He said all that they do is strenghten your inner thighs. I was a little puzzled but when I came home and did more research online, I ran across an exerciser that is held between the iner thighs and I realized that this must be the one he was talking about. I mean common sense alone can tell you that the idea behind the kegelmaster is one that will very probably work to strenghten these very important muscles. I have already purchased the Kegelmaster about two years ago but I did not use it regularly. I am 43 years old and I have had 3 children (vaginal births) and after my third one I realized that there was a lot of looseness in my vaginal area. My husband noticed too. Anyway, I eventually came down with pelvic prolapse (bladder and rectum)and I had the surgery to correct them as I said 5 weeks ago. I was wondering if I started to use the kegelmaster now, if you think that in your opinion it would strenghten my muscles enough to lift the rectocele at least to a point that it will no longer bother me? Please let me know what you think. As you could imagine it is a very upsetting feeling to know that the original surgery did not totally fix the problem and that the surgery may have to be redone at some point in time. Thank you. Anonymous

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Sari Wexler

Yes, but you must be dilligent!

December 27 2004, 4:33 PM 

Dear Anonymous:

First, I agree, your doctor was referring to something else called the "Super Kegel Exerciser".

If you have waited long enough since having the surgery (you said it has been 5 weeks; 6 weeks is the rule-of-thumb) the smartest thing you could possibly do is to use your Kegelmaster to prevent future surgeries.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me personally, privately, at sari2001@webtv.net

I appreciate your writing the forum and wish you the best.

With warm regards,

Sari

Respond to this message   
Anne

Rectocele surgery in a month

March 26 2006, 9:55 AM 

I'm currently scheduled for surgery to repair a very bad (I don't know about stages) but very bad rectocele. I'm concerned with the surgery, what to expect after. The doctor said I would need to have a catheter for about 2 days after surgery. Why is that? They always give me a bladder infection. Why is it necessary when he is not working on the bladder?

I have this device already but I'm afraid its too late to repair something this bad but I'm going to use it afterwards. I no longer have a DVD player which is the kind of software I got to run so I can't watch the tape though. I wonder if it would run on my computer.

I hope you get better and stronger. Take care.

PS, if you could clue me in on your surgery, it would really be appreicated. Thanks

Respond to this message   
Sari Wexler

Possibly avoiding surgery

March 26 2006, 6:32 PM 

Dear Anne,

If your rectum has herniated into and through your vaginal wall the surgery can't be avoided, but if you start using the Kegelmaster after an appropriate post-op recovery period (usually 6 weeks) you will most likely never have to go though the surgery again.

If the rectocele is just a "sag" or bulge and the vaginal wall has not been penetrated, properly exercising your PC muscle could probably prevent the surgery, especially if you also made sure your hormone levels were good.

If you need hormone supplementation we are recommending "bioidenticals" rather than artificial estrogen - Premarin™.

Please write me a sari2001@webtv.net.

The DVD should work on your computer but if it doesn't we still have the instructional video available on VHS on request for the U.S. and Canada. The DVD works worldwide!

Regards,

Sari

Respond to this message   
mary mcateer

Re: surgery for rectocele

May 5 2006, 6:00 AM 

I have read you letter about surgery for a rectocele and am interested to know how the op went and if is successful. I am aged 54yrs. and am having trouble with my bowel evacuation and have a bulge appearing at my front canal so am currently doing excercises on the pelvic floor for the past 10days. I dont know yet if its a rectocele but I guess it is. My doctor said I dont have a uterine prolapse, but something wrong at the back passage and if pelvic floor excerises dont help that she would refer me to a surgeon.so I am seeing a gynacologist next week,and I would be grateful to know anyway how your surgery went and if you would recommend it as I am a bit frightened about it. I am not taking hormone replacement therapy (or never have) so if I knew of some alternative other than surgery it would be great. The bowel evacuation is an awful problem and wish I could solve it, as that is the worst problem. Thanks for any help you can offer. Regards. Mary

Respond to this message   
Martha

Had Rectocele Surgery

August 13 2006, 4:58 AM 

I had Rectocele surgery a year ago, and have good days and bad days when I am so nauseated and have severe diaherria. Every since I had the surgery I cannot seem to get my strength back and am constantly sick.
I have talked and seen several doctors with no help at all.

Respond to this message   
tuscany lane

request info on rectocele surgery

September 7 2006, 6:01 PM 

Hi
I hope you're feeling better since you wrote about your surgery. I have a rectocele, and am facing decisions about the best way to take care of it.

I have lots of questions:
Did your gyn. do your surgery?
How long was the recovery?
Would you do it again?
Does your Dr. say why you are nasauseated?

What would you recommend to another woman, such as I, that has one?
I'm 45

Thanks for sharing.

Respond to this message   
BONNIE R.

A PAIN IN THE ?

December 4 2008, 12:10 PM 

I CAN SAY THAT I HAD CYSTOCELE, RECTOCELE, AND UTERINE PROLAPSE SURGERY AND TVT DONE 2 WEEKS AGO. I REALLY WOULD NOT WANT TO GO THROUGH IT AGAIN. I STILL FEEL LIKE SOMETHING IS BETWEEN MY LEGS AND I HAVE ACHE IN THE RECTUM IF I AM UP VERY LONG. BUT IT WAS INEVETABLE. I PUT UP WITH IT FOR OVER 8 YEARS. I WILL BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO DO ANYTHING THAT I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO DO. HOPEFULLY THE ACHE AND THE FEELING THAT SOMETHING IS THERE WILL GO AWAY SOON.

Respond to this message   
Linda

How do you feel now

September 29 2009, 5:06 PM 

You had rectocele surgery a year ago, how do you feel about it now? I'm going to have this surgery in November and don't know what to expect or to hope for, I'm havingthe mesh material ( Avaulta system ) put in. If you had to do this all over again, would you do it? Please respond.. Thank you, Linda

Respond to this message   
reba

Degree of rectocele

November 15 2006, 12:00 PM 

How can the degree of the rectocele be determined? Whether it is herniated or a sag or bulge?
I find sexual activity to be irritating to the membrane since the bulge is prominent - is this normal? The bulge is usually filled with fecal matter giving it a very firm quality, which as a single woman is embarrassing. Can the Kegelmaster help with a rectocele of this size?

Respond to this message   
Sari Wexler

Reba, I wish I could say for sure!

November 22 2006, 6:00 AM 

Dear Reba,

It would be irresponsible just for me to tell you that "yes" the Kegelmaster will cure you.

If you are dilligent I think it could. I would want you to consult with us at any step of the way. This is part of our service.

Regards,

Sari

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return To Top   
Find more forums on FitnessCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
PLEASE BE AWARE: it seems this hosting site uses a robot called viglink to get commission from posting links. Please do not click on any links that are in the discussion forum. We cannot be sure they are safe from malware. The only approved links are www.kegelmaster.pro or MyKM.com or MyKM.net Thank you.

limited time offer - free shipping and handling!

There simply is no treatment or device as effective as the Kegelmaster. Along with the "Second Device" which we provide FREE, it is virtually failureproof.

Order Yours today. Go to Kegelmaster.pro or Mykm.com