IRPS WEB SITE LINKS

| | About IRPS | IRPS Home Page | Contact Nos | Officers' List | Retirement List | Library | Codes & Manuals | Posting Orders | |
| | RB VI PC Orders | Rly. Classified List | DoPT's Orders | DoPT's Acts & Rules | Indian Railway Employee | |

| | India News | PIB India | All Newspapers India | BBC World News | CNN World News | E Gazette India | Employment News | |

| | Whispers | Babus of India | Power Buzz | Central Govt. Employess News | IRFCA Indian Railways' News | Sarkari Tel | Railway Samachar | G-Connect | |

| | IRPOF | AIRF | NFIR | AI-SC&ST-REA | AI-OBC-REA | Technical Supervisors | Loco Runing Staff | Station Masters | Railway Retired Staff & Officers | |

| | Ravi Ki Duniya[Blog by Mr Ravinder Kumar, IRPS] | |

| | Ravi Ki Duniya in Navbharat Times[Blog by Mr Ravinder Kumar, IRPS] | |

Discussion Forum for IRPS Officers & Visitors

CHANGE OF DESIGNATION

by DR SHINDE TUSHABA

MYSELF DR SHINDE TUSHABA DASHARATHRAO,[SL. NO. 291] DPO/NED PROMOTED AND POSTED AS DYCPO/ WEL/ SECUNDERABAD/SCR.
MAY KINDLY UPDATE.
THANX

Posted on Jul 31, 2014, 10:42 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Obsolete nomenclature

by S. Tamilcholai

The concept of average pay for payment of leave salary in Rlys.was given adieu decades back. Yet, it is strange that we have terms like"leave on average pay"(LAP) & "leave on half average pay"(LHAP). No other central govt.dept or any state govt.has such obsolete, out-dated & irksome terminologies. The said terms should be replaced by "Privilege Leave" & " Half Pay Leave". This small yet long due change should be got done by our IRPS fraternity.

Posted on Jul 30, 2014, 5:34 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

leave

by n. ramaswami

i entirely agree with tamilcholai but the term privilege leave may connote some other thing which may have legal implication as leave cannot claimed as a matter of right while a privilege may be claimed as a matter of right. it would be a good idea to coin a new terminology for such obsolete outdated irksome ones. we also have something called leave without pay, ex india leave etc. all these need change. i dont know if there has been change in rules with regard to purchase of simple items like rubber stamps and ball point pens even by administrative officers for their office use, as when i was in service, there was an accounts objection for purchase of rubber stamp (for making routine entries in SR in bulk through rubber stamps)and i know there was an audit objection for purchase of ball pen (in the place of ink powder and steelpen as they used to be called and in place of copying pencils!!!! supplied by the stores department). I have always been insisting and still do that a relook into all the codes need be done and unnecessary obsolete items should be deleted. when Mr. Tiruvengadam was there in Board he had commissioned me to revise DAR wbich i remember to hae done(three decades ago) and in SC Rly. they had issued avenue charts for all categories and delegation of powers for all departments.
May be we dont have substitutes (I understand in that place we go in for contract workers - nurses doctors etc)but i dont know if they have removed the rule(?)from IREM that for substitute apptt. one has to go through employment exchange ( a substitute is appointed for a limited period and only in emergencies!!!). I mention this case because in my own case i had to fight a vigilance (though this is not a vigilance case but a departmental discretion)right upto the President of India to get a censure cancelled - though it cost me my promotion!!!!!!!!!! People like tamilcholai who have only recently retired should be able to get all these things done now and IRPS fraternity should join together.

Posted on Jul 30, 2014, 8:00 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Leave

by S. Tamilcholai

I am of the humble view that there will be no legal implication due to suggested change as there is difference between 'privilege' & 'right'. The term 'privilege leave'equivalent to our LAP is used in banks. The term used by other depts.or state govts.for 'LAP' is 'earned leave'or 'privilege leave'. I raised this issue before the then Advisor(Staff) during a meeting with Hqrs.Personnel Officers of S.C.Rly about 8 years back. He appreciated the point and told that this point would be examined. But, nothing happened. As regards substitutes, GMs are competent to approve their engagements and there is no need to go thro' Employment Exchange. It is high time that Railways having an exclusive central Gr'A' service for estt.matters change such meaningless nomenclatures though belatedly. Better late than never!

Posted on Jul 30, 2014, 9:37 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Leave

by S. Tamilcholai

I am of the humble view that there will be no legal implication due to suggested change as there is difference between 'privilege' & 'right'. The term 'privilege leave'equivalent to our LAP is used in banks. The term used by other depts.or state govts.for 'LAP' is 'earned leave'or 'privilege leave'. I raised this issue before the then Advisor(Staff) during a meeting with Hqrs.Personnel Officers of S.C.Rly about 8 years back. He appreciated the point and told that this point would be examined. But, nothing happened. As regards substitutes, GMs are competent to approve their engagements and there is no need to go thro' Employment Exchange. It is high time that Railways having an exclusive central Gr'A' service for estt.matters change such meaningless nomenclatures though belatedly. Better late than never!

Posted on Jul 30, 2014, 9:37 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Leave

by n. ramaswami

good point tamil cholai and now that the advisor staff is himself an officer from s.c. railway he may do something in this regard. regarding substitutes i made a mention since in irem it appears there is a para stating that for appointment of substitutes one should go through employment exchanges. i think it would be futile to approach a gm for appointing a substitute nurse for a month or continue one as such as even MSs were competent in those days and i think it is still continued. afterall it is two and half decades that i retired and rules might have changed for the better but what i mean to suggest is that those who retired recently and those who are in service should be able to suggest such things. there is an advisor staff and he must be able to get these things sorted out. of course things would go in a better way only if we have a member staff who knows his job and who is from the cadre (it is beyond one's comprehension as to how a member staff who is dealing with vigilance also is from other cadre while a member electrical is from that cadre,member engineering is from that cadre and member mechanical is from that cadre and an fc is from that cadre!!!!!!).

Posted on Jul 31, 2014, 2:54 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

regularsation of ad-hoc period

by abcd

sir ,the pointed case not available on sc court site kindly upload this case on irps site if available with you for information to all group b officers.

Posted on Jul 30, 2014, 1:31 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

regulersation of adhoc period

by abcd

pl. show rly bds letter no.

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 10:53 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

regulersation of adhoc period

by abcd

all promotee officer got sr.scale on ad-hoc basis.after awarding group a from upsc can this ad-hoc period regularised automatically or by other system.kindly guide for all promotee officers.because of that if they are applying for some deputation post and the minimum eligiblity criteria required for published post minimum service in the grade pay is rs.6600 from which date they show the his working in the grade pay rs.6600 on regular basis can they show the ad-hoc period as regular period for required condition.kindly help us.

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 10:47 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: regulersation of adhoc period

by efghi

once they are approved by the UPSC and given group A they are automatically fitted in the batch from which they are given group A.by the Railway board from the day a service is formed. this is a general rule and asking for railway boards letter (!!!) is of no use. Please address railway board for authority based on which they are doing it and they will say that is the rule of UPSC. i am afraid during the adhoc promotion to sr. scale you get only a certain amount as addition and not the grade itself.( i always use to call it as casual labour sr. scale or casual labour j.a grade!!!) the grade starts only from the date you are absorbed in group A and that date is the criteria and you dont need the railway board's authority.

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 6:47 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Regularisation of ad-hoc period

by S. Tamilcholai

Senior Scale is a Group'A' post as is clear from Rule Nos.111(2)(a)&(d) of Indian Railway Establishment Code, Vol.I(IREC, VOL.I on account of which, a Group'B' Officer is promoted on ad-hoc basis to a Sr.Scale post as per the Railway Board's decision given under Rule No.209 of IREC, Vol.I. The said ad-hoc promotion would get regularised on induction into Group'A' and the seniority (DOITS)in Group'A' would be determined by giving weightage of 50% of Group'B' service subject to a maximum of 5(five) years. The ad-hoc service in Sr.Scale,if any, prior to DOITS would not be taken into account as regular Group'A' service with Grade Pay of Rs.6600/-.I hope that the doubt is cleared.

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 11:38 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Regularisation of ad-hoc period

by S. Tamilcholai

'Para 209 of IREC, Vol.I' in my earlier message may please be read as 'Para 214 of IREC, Vol.I.'

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 11:46 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Regularisation of ad-hoc period

by NamelessFaceless

i thought it is not just five years but also dependent on pay. i remember a case in s.c. railway where because of this rule a person in group b when he got absorbed in gr.a. got a seniority by which he was promoted to group a from group c itself i.e. the person was not even in group b service on the date when he was given seniority in group a !!!!!

Posted on Jul 28, 2014, 6:48 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Regularisation of ad-hoc promotion.

by S. Tamilcholai

The case alluded by Mr/Ms.Nameless Faceless is that of Sri.K. Thiagarajan, CPO(A)/S.C.Rly who unfortunately died while in service. After that case of assignment of seniority in Group'A' earlier to a date he joined Rly.service as Section Officer thro' RBSS(Group'B'), the methodology for assignment of seniority on promotion to Gr'A' was changed. However, for academic interest,the judgment of the apex court upholding the assignment of seniority on promotion to Gr'A' may pl.be seen in the case of A.K.Nigam Vs Sunil Misra pronounced on 13.5.1994 by Justice Yogeshwar Dayal. Citation: 1994 Supo(2) SCC 245.It is reiterated that the system of assignment of seniority on promotion to Gr'A'adopted in the said case has subsequently been changed.

Posted on Jul 29, 2014, 9:34 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

good point

by well wisher

Good response tamilcholai sir can u give ur contact no

Posted on Jul 30, 2014, 12:13 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: good point

by NamelessFaceless

mr. tamilcholai should have known the case of one group b officer who got his group a when he was in group c service itself on the same railway!!!

Posted on Jul 30, 2014, 7:46 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Regularisation of ad-hoc promotion.

by S. Tamilcholai

Please be specific. I don't know the name of the Officer who was granted the benefit except the officer referred to by me in my earlier message. Let us be very specific in this forum as the intention is dissemination of information and not infliction of mental wound on any officer. Let there be transparency as the discussion is not confined to 2 individuals! This is my humble view for information of all the enlightened users of this forum.

Posted on Jul 30, 2014, 10:04 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Regularisation of ad-hoc promotion.

by n. ramaswami

was it mr. krishnamurthy or p.s.n. murthy or someone like that. if at all any, it could be only one such person. in the case of tyagarajan his case was entirely different in that he got his group a over those persons who appeared along with him in upsc for group a as those selected in group a were posted as such while tyagarajan who got a lower position got group b and then promoted to group a where such an anamoly appeared. anyway my memory is failing in these things.

Posted on Jul 31, 2014, 2:58 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

MUST READ

by WELL WISHER

CRB has led a delegation of RBSS officers to MR protesting the entry of Group-A officers in Confidential cell. This has happened after the erroneous promotions given to RBSS officers got put up on file.Its time for all Group A officers to join hands or else quietly suffer the inhuman treatment, the unfair means by which careers of so many Group A officers have been ruined for years.This is the moment to seize.WAKE UP.

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 4:22 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

NOT ONLY CRB, SECRETARY TOO

by WELL WISHER TOO

CRB WAS ACCOMPANIED BY SECRETARY RAILWAY BOARD

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 4:30 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: NOT ONLY CRB, SECRETARY TOO

by why

When Careers of Group A officers is repeatedly being ruined by Group A officers themselves, who will raise a voice now?

It is time that FROA starts sending regular contributions to PM National Relief Fund for better utilisation of Group A officer's monthly contributions.

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 6:02 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: NOT ONLY CRB, SECRETARY TOO

by Whispers

As stated on www.whispersinthecorridors.com, on 25-July-2014:

With the new government displaying extremely keenness on carrying out restructuring and reforms in the Indian Railways, change at the apex level in the Board is expected shortly. With separation of policy making and executive functions, the powers of the Board would now be severely restricted. Most of the railway officers are eagerly waiting for the changes to be initiated.

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 6:10 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

mountain of a molehill...breathe easy by thinking logically!!

by nk

i'm surprised why all promotions everywhere is not being done through with the help of a software. such a software will cost roughly 5 lakh rupees and after that all promotions can be executed in a clockwork manner...no more headaches no more dar due to unintentional human errors..

nk

Posted on Jul 28, 2014, 12:57 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: mountain of a molehill...breathe easy by thinking logically!!

by NamelessFaceless

if it goes to the knowledge of our digital savvy pm it would certainly be done as this would also save labour!!!!

Posted on Jul 28, 2014, 6:50 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Rbss vs grp A services

by NamelessFaceless

In all probability , it will b a bit difficult to stop RBSS from aiming and achieving higher posts and fast promotion in Board and the best strategy could be to include them rather than to exclude them .The RBSS cadre and posts at dy secy level or US level onwards need to be merged with IRAS and IRPS suitably modifying the 50 Percent of promotional qouta in these services . The earlier decision to exclude them from entering IRPS was one of the great blunters our seniors as IRPS till date have do not have any influence in any of the policy decions of the board . Perhaps some smart RBSS turned IRPS at the top by this would have shaped a better role for IRPS

Posted on Aug 1, 2014, 10:15 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Subject: Celebration of “IRPS day” to be held on 1st September, 2014.

by Arvind Kumar

Reference is invited to the message posted on 23rd June, 2014 on the above subject. It is informed that in view of the limited time available, it has been decided that this year the “IRPS Day” celebrations will not be held at a centralized level in Delhi.

2. Further, it has also been decided that efforts to compile and bring out the professional brochure should continue as an initiative independent of the “IRPS Day” celebrations. As such, the inputs for the proposed brochure on professional articles, case studies, best HR/Personnel Management practices, innovations etc adopted outside and within Railways leading to notable improvements in organizational functioning/efficiency enhancement etc continue to be invited.

3. As indicated earlier also, the articles, case studies, best practices, innovations etc that are submitted should relate to HRM/ Personnel Management/ Establishment law/ Industrial Relations/ Industrial law/ Motivation/ Change Management/ Team Building/ Organisation Structure/ Organisation Behavior/ training & skill enhancement (HRD)/ personal development (improvement)/time management etc.

4. All IRPS officers, including probationary officers, are requested to contribute articles/case studies etc in this regard. These should be mailed to Shri Trikal Rabha, Chairman, RRB, Siliguri and Shri Arvind Kumar, Secretary, IRPOA by 31st August, 2014 at the following e-mail addresses.

arvind.at@gmail.com
arvind_at@hotmail.com

(Arvind Kumar)
Secretary, IRPOA

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 11:25 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

irps day

by n. ramaswami

well i am not bashful. i would suggest the secretary to get a copy of the book Indian Case Studies and another Attitude and Behaviour from T.R.Publications, next to Sivaji Ganesan's house, South Boag Road, T.Nagar, Chennai 600 017 which contains a lot of cases, some solved also, which would certainly be useful to the present IRPS persons. i am not sure if these books are still available or out of print. these were written by me quite some time ago and were popular amongst MBA students. some railways(CPOs) seem to have got copies of these books also. Some three editions were brought out and then i had left writing as i find it difficult.

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 8:03 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

how it is helpful?

by NamelessFaceless

It is not clear how celebration of such days (IRSE day,IRSME day,IRAS day, IRPS day etc.) is helpful to railway officers or railway organisation?

It is simply a wastage of resources in a poor country.

It is time for all railwaymen to serve India and desist from wastage of economic resources.

All railway officers belong to railway department (which is facing worst economic crisis).

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 10:27 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: how it is helpful?

by n. ramaswami

it is helpful in the sense that those who are new will exchange ideas and there will be uniformity in working once they build up camraderie. if Unions can organise all india meets with the help of railways certainly this unorganised labour (i mean the IRPS community!!!) should have such things and come up with valuable suggestions to improve working and service to railway men so that they are able to do their job well.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 3:46 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

WORK

by NamelessFaceless

Why IRPS need suggestions to improve Indian Railways? Why not work with full dedication and contribute to progress of IR? Please do not compare IRPS with Organised unions of railwaymen!

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 3:57 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: WORK

by NamelessFaceless

Agreed organized have their own inner problems while these type of unorganized unrecognised ones need some teeth!!!!!

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 6:58 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: WORK

by teeth

Will observing and celebrating IRPS day on 01 September bring any teeth to IRPS?

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 7:40 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Change of designation

by Amit Mehra

I (Amit Singh Mehra, Srl. No. 350 on the officers list) have been promoted from APO/Kgp division to DPO/Kgp division, SE Railway on regular basis. Rest of the details remain the same. Admin is requested to kindly make the necessary change. Thanks.

Posted on Jul 15, 2014, 11:03 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

List Stands updated. Thanks.

by Webmaster

:)

Posted on Jul 18, 2014, 1:24 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Untitled

by n. ramaswami

CPO Sry. had a nice idea of calling some of us(though retired almost 25 years ago)during the DPOs conference to share a few of our experiences. yes, for a day long meeting, the lunch meeting might seem a little boring, (though very interesting for us to see some of our old colleagues (of course the are the CPOs,Dy.CPOs and SDGM and a good time to reminisce and feel nostalgic for us)i am stunned by the enthusiasm of these officers to interact with us which shows the cadre would grow very well and they will produce wonders. it seems good if the other railways could do this during a lunch interaction with whoever senior is present there. my blessings to the cadre.

Posted on Jul 8, 2014, 6:57 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Untitled

by Sunil

It is a good idea! I wish other zones/divisions to take it forward.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014, 8:46 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

comp appt

by kln

respected sir,
kindly clarify my doubt.

In case of appointment of ward of demised employee on compassionate ground :

what is the upper age limit?

for example, the age is 38. then will he be eligible. eligibility for UR/sc/obc.
kindly clarify with relevant board orders.

Posted on Jul 1, 2014, 7:26 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

age wont matter

by Ravinder kumar

In case of comp apptt age is liberally relaxed by GM/CPO...so it does not really matter what is being looked into is does the case deserve compassion

Posted on Jul 2, 2014, 11:45 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

kindly respond

by kln

sir
1. The first son(37 years) with wife & two kids is dependent on his father. His father who is a tech./gr.I (PB1+GP2800) has expired at the age of 58/59 years.
2. The 2nd son of the demised employee who is a railway employee is not taking care of the family and living separately.
3. The wife of the demised employee is seeking for appointment of her first son on comp appointment into group-c since the family pension is too low to take care of the family.
kindly clarify sir whether he can be considered on compassionate grounds.

thanking you,

Posted on Jul 5, 2014, 10:34 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Age for comp.appointment

by S. Tamilcholai

Upper age limit for appointment on compassionate grounds may be relaxed on merits of the case. In respect of appointments in Group"C" posts, the Chief Personnel Officer is competent to accord approval for upper age relaxation. DRMs may relax upper age limit for appointment in erstwhile Group"D" posts. Though the lower age limit is 18 years for appointment in Railways, the General Managers may personally approve upto one year in the lower age limit prescribed and beyond one year of relaxation in the lower age limit, the case is to be referred to the Railway Board for approval. Ref: Board's letter no. E(NG)III/79/RC-1/47, dt:29.11.1979 recapitulated in para VI(a) of Railway Board's Master Circular No.16. The said age relaxation is applicable irrespective of the community.

Posted on Jul 3, 2014, 8:21 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

pls respond to this

by kln

sir,
case study:

1. railway employee - death during service.
2. first son 37 years - unemployed is dependent on father.
3. 2nd son working in railway.
4. wife of the demised employee wants her first son to get rly job on comp grounds as her 2nd son is not taking care of them.
5. in such case will the first son be considered for appointment on comp. grounds.

kindly clarify.

Posted on Jul 5, 2014, 10:13 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: pls respond to this

by nameless faceless

sir at first please clarify if the second son is appointed in railways on compassionate grounds on the demise of his father.

Posted on Jul 5, 2014, 8:51 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

RESPOND TO THIS

by kln

SIR
THE 2ND SON GOT THROUGH RRB AND NOT ON THE DEMISE OF HIS FATHER. HIS MOTHER IS HOUSE WIFE.
THE 2ND SON IS A RAILWAY EMPLOYEE BUT HE IS NOT TAKING CARE OF THE MOTHER AND IS LIVING SEPARATELY WITH HIS FAMILY. MY QUESTION IS CAN CHANCE BE GIVEN TO THE FIRST SON ON THE REQUEST OF THE MOTHER.
WAITING FOR THE REPLY.

Posted on Jul 5, 2014, 10:15 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Clarification on comp.appt.

by S. Tamilcholai

It is left to the discretion of the authority competent to approve the C.G.appointment to take into account the financial condition of the family, number of dependents in the family, the age of the dependents and the settlement amounts including family pension, if any and other relevant factors and arrive at a conclusion. The guiding factor for extension of the benefit of C.G.appointment is to relieve the family of the deceased of the sudden financial stringency/deprivation caused by the sudden death of the emloyee.

Posted on Jul 5, 2014, 10:58 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Clarification on comp.appt.

by ganesh murthy

I agree with Mr Tamil Cholai please

Posted on Jul 7, 2014, 3:56 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: comp appt

by no purpose

It seems that the main reason for which Indian Railways exists is to provide employment to Indians through (a) C.G.A. (b) Sports quota (c) Cultural Quota (d) Substitutes route (e) Scout & Guide quota (f) TADK route .

Posted on Jul 18, 2014, 10:39 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

DPO & CVI named in FIR for recruitment Scam.

by NewsWatcher

NEW DELHI: The Central Bureau of Investigation on Sunday unearthed a major recruitment scam in Indian Railways with the arrest of 13 students, an advocate and a chief vigilance inspector for the leak of examination of assistant railway locomotive pilots. The main accused in the scam is absconding, sources said.

CBI officials say that several senior railway officials, including a divisional personnel officer in Bangalore and a chief vigilance inspector, are under the scanner. The question papers for the exam of locomotive pilots were allegedly leaked for Rs 5 lakh each.

CBI sleuths raided a flat in Bangalore at 6.30am on Sunday and found 13 students there with the question papers, said sources.

The candidates, appearing for the exam, were arrested along with an advocate G Sri Ramappa and chief vigilance inspector of South Western Railways — S Mahesh. In its FIR, CBI has also named divisional personnel officer of South Western Railways, T Shivana, and another person identified as R Dayanand apart from the 13 candidates. The accused have been charged with criminal conspiracy, cheating and under sections of the prevention of corruption act.
Sources say that the 13 aspirants were kept in the flat with a promise that the question paper of the examination, which was scheduled to be held on Sunday, would be leaked for a bribe of Rs 5 lakh each.

The spokesperson said after taking the 13 candidates into custody, residences of the other accused were also searched and some sample question papers and cash amounting to Rs 1.5 lakh were seized.

CBI officials say they conducted the raids on the basis of a tip-off that question papers were being leaked.

The assistant loco pilot examination is conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board. The assistant loco pilot assists the loco pilots in driving and other duties besides attending to minor repairs.

Posted on Jun 30, 2014, 10:00 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: DPO & CVI named in FIR for recruitment Scam.

by Another Reader

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/XUhoeGNRZz9g2MPy76MGEI/Railway-recruitment-CBI-arrests-15.html

Posted on Jun 30, 2014, 10:01 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

by NamelessFaceless

shows the honesty of the vigilance!!!!! fence eating........

Posted on Jul 1, 2014, 7:37 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

by another nameless faceless

A classic example of people who preach do not practice.

Posted on Jul 1, 2014, 9:30 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Rail TV

by nk

I think time has come that Railway Board to should seriously consider opening of Rail TV. I only see gains and gains from such a move.

1. Rail TV can be easy and extremely cheap method of information dissemination through 'Train based News' for crores of railway travelers everyday.
2. Rail TV can hugely cut costs of many ongoing publicity drives of Indian Railways.
3. Besides, Railway can initiate new publicity drives which can hugely enhance safety of the railways.
4. Rail TV it can generate healthy debate/information for various ongoing projects of modernization.
5. For job seekers, Rail TV can be easy information channel as RRB and RRC can use this medium to disseminate quick information to the candidates and dramatically cut advt costs.
6. I am sure many such publicity drives are needed by other departments as well.
7. Advt can generate easy revenue which can make this tv economically viable project.
8. Tourism information can also be given through this channel.

nk

Posted on Jun 30, 2014, 3:10 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Rail TV

by NamelessFaceless

This is an excellent idea. please post it in Mr. Modi's page and send it to Railway Minister by name and see if some action is taken. in the normal course i have known that such good innovative ideas are sent to PR branch and a babu consigns it to his waste paper basket. this is known to me personally as one such good suggestion forwarded by a CCS in 1972 was sent to PUC and the paper was laughed at!!!!!!

Posted on Jul 1, 2014, 7:36 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

AP DEECET (DIET CET) Results 2014 Marks Ranks-dietcet.cgg.gov.in

by mallikarjuna

AP DEECET (DIET CET) Results 2014 Marks Ranks-dietcet.cgg.gov.in and all latest DEECET DIETCET Results 2014 updates

DEECET DIETCET Results 2014 updates at

Posted on Jun 30, 2014, 2:59 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Untitled

by ankit arora

Hello sir....I want to noe that......how u gave the tender..to the party..& what was the xondions of it

Posted on Jun 25, 2014, 7:23 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Vacancy of ED HR DFCCIL

by Hari Krishan

http://www.dfccil.gov.in/dfccil_app/Careers.jsp#

Posted on Jun 25, 2014, 3:08 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

regd. special CL

by mrityunjaya roy

सर,
रेल्वे की मान्यता प्राप्त यूनियन से है l लास्ट मेसेज में रेल्वे नहीं लिखा था l

Posted on Jun 25, 2014, 10:08 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

aquire knowledge

by Koushik Modak

sir, how become i am an IRPS OFFICER. I have search net but , no clear idea.
please give me some idea regarding IRPS EXAM.. My email id : ipskoushik@gmail.com

Posted on Jun 25, 2014, 9:37 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

regd. special CL

by mrityunjaya roy

सर,
मैं आप के साईट के माध्यम से यह जानना चाहता हूं कि मान्यता प्राप्त यूनियन के पदाधिकारियों को एक साल में कुळ कितने स्पेशल CL मिलते हैं l अलग-अलग बताने की कृपा करैं l

Posted on Jun 23, 2014, 9:20 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Celebration of “IRPS day” to be held on 1st September, 2014.

by Arvind Kumar,

All IRPS officers and probationary officers are informed that “IRPS day” will be celebrated on 1st September, 2014. This issue was also deliberated during the Indian Railway Personnel Officers Association (IRPOA), GB meeting held on 20th June, 2014 at New Delhi. As a part of these celebrations it is proposed to hold seminar and other activities on 1st September, 2014 at New Delhi, details of which will be intimated separately. On this occasion, it is also proposed to bring out a brochure on professional articles, case studies, best HR/Personnel Management practices, innovations etc adopted outside and within Railways leading to notable improvements in organizational functioning/efficiency enhancement etc. The articles, case studies, best practices, innovations etc should relate to HRM/Personnel Management/Establishment law/Industrial Relations/Industrial law/Motivation/Change Management/Team Building/Organisation Structure/Organisation Behaviour/training & skill enhancement (HRD)/ personal development (improvement)/time management etc. All IRPS officers, including probationary officers, are requested to contribute articles/case studies etc in this regard. These should be mailed to Secretary, IRPOA (Shri Arvind Kumar) by 31st July, 2014 at the following e-mail addresses:
arvind.80@gmail.com
arvind_at@hotmail.com

Arvind Kumar
Secretary, IRPOA

Posted on Jun 23, 2014, 5:52 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Language...satire ?

by ravinder kumar cpo a c.r.

The proposed brochure will be in Hindi or English or bi-lingual ?
are satires on relevant topics acceptable please ?

Posted on Jun 23, 2014, 6:55 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Language...satire ?

by NamelessFaceless

sir, dont you think it is better to have it in english or even bilingual if possible. the concerned officer can give exemption for use of bilingual if necessary!!!! ha ha ha . humour is the life and it is much needed for our clan.

Posted on Jun 23, 2014, 11:09 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

essay/case studies

by failed irps

we should tell the prospective officers about thwe reality of the status of irps officer. It is disgusting to note that one CPO who on medical ground wanted to go to bangalore after orders were issued not yet releivd, will AM and MS EXPLAIN,SUCH INHUMAN TREATMENT TO AN OFFICER WHO HAS PUT IN 30 YEARS SERVICE BEING TREATED LIKE A BUNGLOW PEON . IRPS IS INDIAN RAILWAY PRAYASHCHIT SERVICE FOR COMMITTED SIN EARLIER.

Posted on Jun 24, 2014, 6:54 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: essay/case studies

by NamelessFaceless

ah ah ah yes indian railways papiyonka service or prayaschit service is better than what were earlier coined. if you are really interested about case studies of this service serving please get a copy of 'Indian Case Studies' by N.Ramaswami, with TR Publications, Chennai 17. this IRPS officer had taken the route to vent his grievances through these case studies (on the advice of his friend in Railway Board in those days, overheard conversation during lunch there in one of those rooms!). Some CPOs had obtained copies for their libraries in railways.

Posted on Jun 24, 2014, 7:48 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

step mother treatment

by orphan irps

are the direct irps give respect to the irps promoted officers even they are at the vertue of reirement. action taken by not posting cpo at banglore is correct decision by board so they can have lesson how to honour seniors

Posted on Jul 4, 2014, 10:11 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Untitled

by NamelessFaceless

even if our webmaster keeps pace with the present government others are not e.g. postings and promotions by froa etc!!!

Posted on Jun 20, 2014, 11:09 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Directly Uploaded

by no name

Orders are getting directly uploaded as soon as possible:

http://www.indianrailways.gov.in/railwayboard/view_section.jsp?lang=0&id=0,5,1418

Posted on Jun 21, 2014, 11:58 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Directly Uploaded

by NamelessFaceless

the last orders posted are on mid May before the election results are out and that too for only irts. does this mean that no orders have been issued by EG or Secy.section of Railway Boards office after that at all!!! i know our web master cant be chasing this as the site itself is different.

Posted on Jun 21, 2014, 9:30 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Directly Uploaded

by no purpose

Now the office orders are being directly uploaded by railway board.

Please see link "For IR Personnel" on www.indianrailways.gov.in/railwayboard"

Posted on Jun 23, 2014, 12:57 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

For webmaster

by Dy.CPO GAZ SECR

Srl No 408 Vivek Kumar posted as APO/Pune/CR at Pune
Srl No 392 Saurabh Kumar is APO/Bilaspur/SECR at Bilaspur
Srl no 396 Vipul Goel is APO/Vijayawada/SCR at Vijayawada
Srl No 403 Sunil Choudhary is APO(HQ)/ER at Kolkota
Srl No 407 Abhishek is APO/Mumbai/CR at Mumbai
Srl No 409 Suresh Kumar Behera is APO/Vishakhapatnam /ECoR at Vishakhapatnam

Posted on Jun 19, 2014, 8:04 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Thanks. List has been updated.

by

Posted on Jun 22, 2014, 5:53 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

General Body Meeting of the Indian Railway Personnel Officers Association (IRPOA)

by Arvind Kumar, Secretary, IRPOA.

No. IRPS Officers Assn/2014/3 Dated 28.5.2014

General Body (GB) Meeting Notice:

Members of the Indian Railway Personnel Officers Association (IRPOA) are hereby informed that the General Body meeting of the association has been fixed to be held at 16:00 Hrs on 20/6/2014 at Rail Bhawan New Delhi. The Agenda for the meeting will be as under:

a) Report on the functioning of the association by Secretary, IRPOA.
b) Discussion on “IRPS day” to be held on 1st September, 2014.
c) Discussion on issues, if any, raised by members.
d) Election of the office bearers of IRPOA.
e) Address by the Newly elected President of IRPOA.
f) Any other item with the permission of the chair.

2. All members are requested to make it convenient to attend the same.

Arvind Kumar}
Secretary

Posted on Jun 17, 2014, 4:31 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Promotion and posting

by

May kindly update promotion for sr no.297 DR SHINDE T.D. as DyCPO/WEL&RES at SCR HQ from 26.6.14

Posted on Jun 11, 2014, 12:35 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

List has been updated.

by

:-)

Posted on Jun 11, 2014, 10:59 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Recruitment of Assistants in Zonal Railways

by NamelessFaceless

Why ministerial staff category on IR cannot be replaced with "Assistants" recruited by SSC?

These Assistants can later get promoted as Group B officers in IRAS/IRPS?

Posted on Jun 10, 2014, 4:27 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Railways Growth proposal

by NamelessFaceless

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Industry/assocham-submits-mega-plan-to-transform-railways/article6085439.ece

Posted on Jun 5, 2014, 5:31 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Purchase of all in one Desktop

by non IRPS

http://www.indianrailways.gov.in/railwayboard/rb/tender/1401277435282_Tender_Doc_CIS_280514.pdf

Can such simple purchase procedure be also followed by field units/zonal railways on IR?

Posted on Jun 5, 2014, 5:28 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Untitled

by NamelessFaceless

Posted on Jun 5, 2014, 5:27 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

want to update a list of IRPS officers

by

I add my detail in IRPS officer list...

Posted on Jun 2, 2014, 11:37 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Postings

by Siddarth

Webmaster pl note

Sl no 92 G.Sreenivasa Rao transferred to SCR
Sl no 97 H.Srinivas - posted as CPO IR SR

Posted on May 24, 2014, 2:12 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

List has been updated. Thanks.

by

Posted on May 24, 2014, 2:45 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

change in designation of Sl No 239

by abhishek ranjan

Sl No 239 Vinod Kumar now posted as DyCPO Ajmer Workshop, NWR
Sl No 94 designation is CPO Admn, NF Railway

Posted on May 24, 2014, 12:07 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

List has been corrected. Thanks.

by

Posted on May 24, 2014, 2:45 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Please Help

by espee

Sir, the following link is not functioning or I am not able to connect it
http://122.252.243.67/policy/index.asp
The above link is most benefical to find out rules and to be guided,hence please help.

Posted on May 14, 2014, 8:00 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Please Help

by Rajeev Goyal

Link is working now
regards

Posted on May 20, 2014, 4:31 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Please Help

by espee

Thanks for the response Sir, but the link is not working since last three days.

Posted on May 28, 2014, 9:53 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Designation change

by

Designation updated thanks to web master. ----By k.philu naik , Sr.DPO/Guntur

Posted on May 8, 2014, 11:37 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Changes in the Northern Railway

by

Following changes have taken place in Northern Railway

Mrs. Monica Singh (Sl. No. 167) is posted as Dy CPO(HQ)
Sh. Ram Krishan (Sl.No. 234) is posted as Dy CPO/Cons./Kashmiri Gate
Sh. Raman Kumar Sharma (Sl. No. 257) is posted as Dy CPO/R

Webmaster may pls make necessary changes

regards

Posted on May 8, 2014, 6:57 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Thanks Vineet. List stands updated.

by

Posted on May 8, 2014, 10:35 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Designation change

by

Sir Sl. No 337 K.PHILU NAIK PROMOTED AS Sr.DPO AND RETAINED AT GUNTUR DIVISION S.C.RAILWAY fOR KIND UPDATION OF IRPS LIST PLEASE -BY K.PHILU NAIK,Sr.DPO/GNT

Posted on May 7, 2014, 8:05 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Designation has been corrected. Thanks & Congratulations.

by

Posted on May 8, 2014, 10:34 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Drawal of Increments

by espee

Can any one help please.......

Whether EOL/LWP (which are not sanctioned by the competent authority)and the stoppage of increments(D&A case) will run concurently or seperately.

Eg.

Last Increment 01.07.2006
EOL/LWP 69 days
Stopage of increment for one year with NCE

Date of next increment please?(please state the rule)

Thank u in anticipation.

Posted on May 6, 2014, 6:29 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Stoppage of increment

by

Service of less than six months on account of EOL (without medical certificate) between l July of the previous year till 30th June of the year under consideration shall have the effect of postponing the increment to 1st July of the next year.
Following circular would be applicable to railways, mutatis mutandis.

No.16/2/2009-Estt.(Pay I)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training

New Delhi, the 2nd July 2010

OFFICE MEMORANDUM

Subject: Regulation of the Date of Next Increment in case of Extra-ordinary leave (without medical certificate) after implementation of the CCS(RP) Rules, 2008 —
clarification regarding.

Consequent upon the implementation of CCS(RP) Rules 2008, the increments in the revised pay structure are to be regulated in terms of Rule 10 of the CCS (RP) Rules 2008. This rule states that there will be a uniform date of annual increment viz. 1 of July every year. Employees completing 6 months and above in the revised pay structure as on 1st July will be eligible to be granted the increment".

2. The issue of regulation of date of next increment in case of EOL (without medical certificate) after implementation of CCS(RP) Rules 2008, has been examined in consultation with the Department of Expenditure.

3. It is clarified that except as provided under the conditions laid down in this Departments OM dated 18.2.1986, qualifying service of less than six months on account of EOL (without medical certificate) between l July of the previous year till 30th June of the year under consideration shall have the effect of postponing the increment to 1st July of the next year. The same stipulation will also be applicable to those cases where the increment became due on 1.7.2006. In terms of this Department’s O.M. No. 13017/20/85-Estt. (L) dated 18.2.1986, EOL granted for the following purposes automaticaHy counts as qualifying service for pension and for increments without any further sanctions:-

i) EOL granted due to inability of a Government servant to join or rejoin duty on account of civil commotion.

(ii) EOL granted to a Government servant for prosecuting higher technical and scientific studies.

4. Hindi version will follow.

(Rita Mathur)
Director

Posted on May 7, 2014, 12:02 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

update

by

sl no 358 SPO Hq WR
sl no 361 DPO SONEPUR
Sl no 370 DPO

Posted on May 3, 2014, 10:05 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Thanks Devendra. List has been updated.

by

Posted on May 8, 2014, 10:33 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

JAG confirmation

by

Sr no 226 (r b barkade) to sr no 241 (g s rao) (except sr no 227) appointed to officiate in jag w.e.f. 26.03.2014 vide bd's order no e(o)iii-2014/pm/41 dated 30.04.14

Posted on Apr 30, 2014, 8:33 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Thanks Sunil. List has been updated.

by

Posted on May 1, 2014, 8:17 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Present designations of Officers

by

Sl No 343 Shri M.Sreeramulu, SPO/Rules, S.C.Railway, Secunderabad
Sl No 344 Shri M.B.Balamuralidhar, Secretary to CPO, S.C.Railway, secunderabad.

Posted on Apr 27, 2014, 12:20 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Thanks. List has been updated.

by

Posted on Apr 29, 2014, 1:54 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

HRD Role?

by non IRPS

What is role of IRPS and Personnel Department on IR? Just left to cadre restructuring, PNM,PREM, surrender of posts?

Who or which department is responsible for Human Resource Department (HRD)? Who will ensure replacement of retiring ministerial staff on IR? Or are we railwaymen waiting for elimination of ministerial cadre from IR?

Our main recruitment is now from RRC (Group D), TADK, CGA, Sports quota and Cultural quota (including scouts/guide). Those recruited against sports quota simply play games and earn salary. Who will do work in field?

It seems that ensuring HRD is no one's responsibility on IR.

Non-IRPS railwayman

Posted on Apr 26, 2014, 10:24 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one..

by

Posted on Apr 26, 2014, 10:59 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

replacement of ministerial staff

by

It is essential to man ministerial staff posts in field which cannot be surrendered. these can be manned by technical staff as done in electrical deptt for long time. eg: store clerk which could not be created due to lack of matching surrenders is manned by technician gr.1 or gr.2 depends on aptitude. In cases of vacant ministerial posts in large departments like mech deptt, engg deptt the posts to be converted as txr or pwi and slowly merge with cadre and reduce no: of cadres. the justification is that if you see the history of last 50 years, ministerial staff were paid less. for economical reasons or lack of availability of technical staff, those posts were created.Now that technical staff and ministerial staff are paid same salary and technical staff are avilable plenty, it is time to convert as many cadres as possible to technical for flexibility and productivity. Can we afford to have 526 cadres in a division and do regular selections? Can you imagine the no: of selections held in 66 divisions and volume of work and risk involved? small deptts are not happy because of lack of flexibility, so also small cadres are not happy because of lack of faster promotions. it is time to merge as many cadres as possible to give happiness, flexibility for postings and also get productivity.

Posted on May 4, 2014, 8:36 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Question of Lien in

by

I have joined M/s IRCTC Ltd as Assistant Supervisor - GRADE S-1(PSU Under Ministry of Railways) in year 2009 and was confirmed in year 2012. In year 2014, i applied for the Post of Assistant Manager Grade E-1 and was selected in M/s Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd. (PSU Under Ministry of Pertoleum & natural Gases).

i have requested IRCTC HRD department to condiser me on LEIN period in my Resignation. however they have accepted my Resignation but not confirmed my LIEN in IRCTC.

Please advise that LIEN will be applicable in this case ?

Regards,
Hemant Sharma
(09940068471)
Contact2hemant@hotmail.com

Posted on Apr 23, 2014, 5:57 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Find more forums on Service OrganizationsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Indian Railway Personnel Officers & visitors are welcome to express their views