IRPS WEB SITE LINKS

| | About IRPS | IRPS Home Page | Contact Nos | Officers' List | Retirement List | Library | Codes & Manuals | Posting Orders | |
| | RB VI PC Orders | Rly. Classified List | DoPT's Orders | DoPT's Acts & Rules | Indian Railway Employee | |

| | India News | PIB India | All Newspapers India | BBC World News | CNN World News | E Gazette India | Employment News | |

| | Whispers | Babus of India | Power Buzz | Central Govt. Employess News | IRFCA Indian Railways' News | Sarkari Tel | Railway Samachar | G-Connect | |

| | IRPOF | AIRF | NFIR | AI-SC&ST-REA | AI-OBC-REA | Technical Supervisors | Loco Runing Staff | Station Masters | Railway Retired Staff & Officers | |

| | Ravi Ki Duniya[Blog by Mr Ravinder Kumar, IRPS] | |

| | Ravi Ki Duniya in Navbharat Times[Blog by Mr Ravinder Kumar, IRPS] | |

Discussion Forum for IRPS Officers & Visitors

REGD. LETTER

by Mrityunjaya Roy

R/SIR,
I NEED THIS LETTER------ (OM-99-E(SCT)1/25/13 DATED 11/09/2013) FROM YOUR END AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.
THANKS,

Posted on Sep 27, 2014, 1:17 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Changes-IRPS

by sunil

Link of Boards orders issued on 26/09/2014. Two of these are of Non functional SAG/IRPS and one of SAG/IRPS... Regards...
http://www.indianrailways.gov.in/railwayboard/uploads/irpersonel/Promotion_Posting/E(O)_III_PP_260914.PDF

Posted on Sep 27, 2014, 10:57 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

List has been updated. Thanks a lot.

by Webmaster

:)

Posted on Sep 27, 2014, 8:13 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

change of designation

by Aravind. B.A

Have been posted as APO Trivandrum, SR

Posted on Sep 24, 2014, 1:55 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Thanks. List has been updated.

by Webmaster

Posted on Sep 24, 2014, 11:17 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

change of designation

by R.S Charan

srno 388 raghuveer singh charan is now posted as APO JAIPUR division nwr..

Posted on Sep 23, 2014, 7:46 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

by Webmaster

:-)

Posted on Sep 24, 2014, 11:17 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

IRPS Training someone please elaborate

by H Narayan

can someone plz tell the approx timeframe and outline of IRPS probationers training schedule.....

thanks in advance

regards

Posted on Sep 17, 2014, 11:27 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Resignation while on deputation.

by R. Narayan

How a permanent Group A employee can resign ( Not a Technical resignation)
from his services while he is on deputation.
To whom he will be addressing his resignation
letter either CMD of the PSU or Railway Board or GM.

Posted on Sep 15, 2014, 11:48 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Resignation

by Reader

Resignation has to be accepted by the Appointing Authority.
(See Rule 41 of RSPR'93).
For a Group A officer, the appointing Authority is the President of India.
Hence it has to be accepted by the President of India(or Minister on his behalf).

Posted on Sep 15, 2014, 2:50 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Resignation

by NamelessFaceless

in simple words it has to go to Railway Board through the department where the employee is on deputation and the railway board will take necessary action (where necessary in consultation with the CVC or UPSC)and convey the sanction = the president is pleased to accept....

Posted on Sep 15, 2014, 3:03 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Resignation of permanent Gr. A Employee

by Ganesh Murthy

Sir, at first, the substantive Grade of the post in which the Officer, who is on deputation, is holding on the Railways, has not been spelt out.

As per para 8 (note) circulated by Railway Board vide their letter No. F(X)II-2010/PW/2 Dated 11.10.2010 (Advance Correction Slip No. 69), sanction of higher authority for acceptance of Resignations is necessary for Administrative Grade Officers.

In case the Officer who is on deputation, is holding the substantive post upto Senior Scale in the Railways, the General Manager of the Railway concerned can accept the resignation of the Officer concerned, though he is on deputation. After acceptance of the resignation by the GM, an advise should be sent to the Organisation in which the Officer is working on deputation basis, regarding acceptance of his resignation. If the Officer is working in Administrative Grade, then the GM of the Railway concerned should give recommendations for accepting the resignation of the Officer and then the same should be forwarded to Railway Board for acceptance of resignation by the higher authority. The General Managers, while accepting the resignation of the Officers holding substantive post upto Senior Scale, will have the power to waive the prescribed notice period in respect of probationary Officers selected for IAS/IFS/IPS. I am sure the readers of this esteemed forum will agree with this and in case i am wrong, the readers may throw light on the issue please.

Posted on Sep 19, 2014, 10:00 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Resignation of permanent Gr. A Employee

by Y Singh

Up to senior scale Resignation shall be accepted by concerned GM.
And Letter of resignation shall be forwarded by concerned PSU.
Resignation should be addressed to CMD of PSU.

Posted on Sep 20, 2014, 11:35 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Resignation of permanent Gr. A Employee

by nameless faceless

the issue in question is who is the competent authority to accept the resignation ? the other formalities like forwarding the letter to railway concerned etc should off course need to be complied and observed with, which need not be eloborated.

Posted on Sep 20, 2014, 9:14 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

For webmaster

by DyCPO/SECR

Srl No. 276 Sri J S Sukhdeve is now posted as Chairman/RRC/SECR/Bilaspur at Bilaspur.

Kindly update please

Posted on Sep 13, 2014, 2:03 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

by Webmaster

Posted on Sep 24, 2014, 11:16 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Change of Designation

by Ullas Kumar

Sr 381 Ullas Kumar is APO Jhansi NCR.
Kindly update.

Posted on Sep 12, 2014, 7:06 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

List has been updated.

by Webmaster

:-)

Posted on Sep 13, 2014, 10:55 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

CHANGE OF DESIGNATION

by KUMAR CHANDRESH

sr no 394 kumar chandresh is now posted as APO KGP SER

Posted on Sep 10, 2014, 4:21 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

List stands updated. Thanks.

by Webmaster

Posted on Sep 13, 2014, 10:54 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Change of Designation

by Arun ravichettu

sr no 377 Arun Ravichettu is now posted as APO Hubli SWR wef 26-8-2014

Posted on Sep 9, 2014, 11:46 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

List has been updated.Thanks.

by Webmaster

Posted on Sep 9, 2014, 7:03 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

training of B.Tech CGA in Technicain Grade III

by NamelessFaceless

a candidate appointed through Compassionate Ground Appointment (CGA) as Technician Grade III in railway workshop will undergo training for six months or Three years?

Railway Board's circular prescribes six months training period for Diploma holder candidate. However, this letter does not include B.Tech as educational qualification of CGA candidate for appointment in Technician Grade III.

Is it correct to extrapolate provision for Diploma holder candidate for B.Tech candidate also?

Posted on Aug 31, 2014, 11:19 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Gazetted officers

by NamelessFaceless

those whose names are published on their appointment, promotions, superannuation are called gazetted officers and enjoy the benefit of gazetted officers. in the case of IAS officers their events are published in the respective gazettes of the states. i wonder if any even taking place in the case of IRPS or IRAS or any of the services are published in any gazette (or a supplement as gazette of india) and if not how can they be called gazetted officers exercising the powers of President of India. Can anyone clarify this point and if i am wrong and their names are published in the gazette of india i may be corrected. i know in good old days there used to be a gazette published by each railway and such events are published at least in those gazettes. i wonder if such a publication exist now a days!!!!pardon my ignorance.

Posted on Aug 30, 2014, 9:40 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

IRPS DAY

by tpvssrao

IT IS MY OPINION THAT EACH RAILWAY MAY CELEBRATE IRPS DAY LIKE IRSME DAY. I AM MISSING IRSME AND ALSO IRPS DAY BECAUSE INITIAL TEETHING PROBLEMS TO START.

Posted on Aug 28, 2014, 12:18 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Definition

by Vijay Kumar

Who is a PHOD, a CHOD and a HOD ? Is it defined somewhere ?

Posted on Aug 23, 2014, 1:10 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

HOD defined

by Reader

It is President who by order can declare an Authority to be HOD.
For eg CPO is an HOD but not CPO(IR) or CPO(A).

See Indian Railway Estt Code Vol I

103. Definitions.
Unless there be something repugnant in the subject or context, the terms defined below are used in this Code in the sense herein explained.

(21) Head of a department means any authority which the President may by order declare to be the head of a department for the purpose of these Rules.

Posted on Aug 23, 2014, 5:52 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: HOD defined

by vijay kumar

But who shall be PHOD & CHOD ?

Posted on Aug 25, 2014, 4:47 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: HOD defined

by ganesh

Sir PHOD will normally be in the rank of HAG. In case, there are SAG Officers, who are juniors and working under him, he will be the PHOD, being senior most amongst them. All the SAG Officers will report to him.

As far as CHOD is concerned, the seniormost Officer amongst all the Officers in a particular dept will be the CHOD. For example, if there are 04 SAG Officers in a particular dept, the seniormost amongst them will be the CHOD. If there is only one Officer in a particular dept, he will be the CHOD of the dept. I am sure all the readers of the forum will agree with this view, if I am right.

Posted on Aug 26, 2014, 10:42 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

HOD Defined.

by S. Tamilcholai

Mr. Ganesh is correct. However, let me further clarify the terms as under: PHOD is Principal Head of the Department and is in HAG. He is in-charge of the department in the headquarters office in which he is posted.

CHOD is the Co-ordinating Head of the Department and is in Senior Administrative Grade(SAG). In a department where two or more SAG officers work, the senior-most among them would be the CHOD and is responsible for co-ordinating the functions of that particular department. HOD is Head of the Department and is in Senior Admininistrative Grade. HOD may be in-charge of a specific function like Track, Bridge, Rolling Stock(FHOD-Functional Head of the Department)or he/she may be in-charge of a territorial jurisdiction(Territorial HOD).

Posted on Sep 5, 2014, 1:04 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: HOD Defined.

by ganesh murthy

thanks cholai sir for confirming my stand on phod/chod regards

Posted on Sep 6, 2014, 10:00 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

irps days

by shameful

it is time to highlight the personnel officers who gives bad to cadre he is habitual for correption see his past record as dy cpo rec

Posted on Aug 23, 2014, 12:12 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

GP of 6600 on Promotion to Sr Scale

by Railway_AAP

An anamoly has been noted in one of the Railway Units that when a Group A Officer is promoted to SrScale after three years service, he is not given GP of 6600 but given GP of 5400 with some Charge Allowance.

However, in case of Group-B Officers, after putting in three years of service in Group-B, they are promoted to Sr Scale and are given a GP of 6600.

SrScale post is a Group A post and a Group B Officer's promotion remains an ad-hoc promotion till he is promoted to Group-A; giving GP of 6600 to Group B Officer on ad-hoc promotion to SrScale after three years service in Group-B is illegal.

Further, how a Group-A Officer is denied GP of 6600 on promotion to SrScale after three years service in Group-A; is beyond comprehension.

Am I correct?? What are the guidelines in this reference. Learned members may please comment.

Posted on Aug 20, 2014, 12:17 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Reminder

by Railway_AAP

Where all experts have gone???
We are discussing all sorts of issues but are not discussing this pertinent issue.
Is the silence delibetate??? OR We donot know the rules????

Posted on Sep 4, 2014, 10:47 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Promotion in Senior scale

by NAMELESS FACELESS

The pertinent issue has been deliberated in detail with the rule position. There is no response now. Is the silence deliberate ?

Posted on Sep 15, 2014, 8:34 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: GP of 6600 on Promotion to Sr Scale

by ganesh murthy

Sir, I would like to humbly submit my views regarding filling up of the vacancies in Senior scale

Railway Board vide their letter No. E(GP)2007/1/93 DATED 29.02.2008 have issued consolidated instructions governing officiating promotion from Group 'B' to Senior scale on adhoc basis. Para 1 of this letter stipulates the eligibility condition for adhoc promotin to Senior scale. Para 1.1(a) mentions that vacancies in Senior scale in the 8 organised services should be filed up by regular promotion of Group 'A' (Junior Scale) Officers who are eligible for appointment to Sr. Scale, having rendered 4 years of service in Junior Scale, as prescribed in the Recruitment Rules. Para 1.1(b) states that If eligible Group 'A' Junior Scale Officers are not available, the vacancies in Senior scale may be filled by adhoc promotion of Officers with the approval of the competent authority, as indicated below:-

(i) Group 'B' Officers who have rendered not less than 6 years of regular service in Group 'B' subject to their being adjudged suitable by a committee of PHODs.

(ii) Failing (i) above, Group 'A' (Junior Scale) Officers with a minimum of 3 years of service in Junior Scale and who have completed the probation successfully.

(iii) Failing (i) and (ii) above, Group 'B' Officers who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular service in Group 'B', subject to their being adjudged suitable by a committee of PHODs. Para 1.2 states that only those Group 'B' Officers who have rendered not less than years of non-fortuitous service in Group 'B' are to be considered for the adhoc panel. Para 2.2 of the said letter also indicates a caution clause that adequate number of vacancies in Senior scale is made available for promotion of Group 'A' Junior Scale Officers to Senior Scale after they complete 4 years' service, so that there may be no reasonable chance of Group 'B' Officers having to be reverted, once they are promoted to Senior scale even on adhoc basis. Para 8 of the said letter speaks of the entitlement of pay on adhoc promotion to Senior scale both for Group 'A'and Group 'B' officers, who promoted to officiate in Senior scale on adhoc basis. While the Group 'A' Officer in Junior scale on adhoc promotion to Senior scale is entitled to a charge allowance in addition to his pay in Junior scale, the Group 'B' Officers on promotion to Senior scale will be entited to draw pay in the Senior scale under normal operation of rules.

It may please be appreciated here that the recruitment rules are entirely different for Group 'A' Officers and Group 'B' Officers. While Group 'A' Officers, on completion of 5 years, are eligible for promotion even to JAG, Group 'B' Officers, who are yet to be conferred with Junior Scale, will continue to officiate in Senior scale on adhoc basis, against a Group 'A' post.

In the instant case brought out, it may be a situation where the Group 'B' Officer, on completion of three years (the Officer would have also completed six years of Group 'B' service), would have been promoted to officiate in Senior scale on adhoc basis. The Group 'A' Officer would have joined the Railway service afterwards and he would have been promoted to Senior scale with charge allowance only because of the fact that he has not completed 4 years of service. Since the recruitment rules are entirely different for Group 'A' Officers and Group 'B' Officers, I am of the opinion that the promotion of Group 'B' Officer to Senior scale on adhoc basis is not illegal, as per the priorities laid down by Railway Board for filling up of vacancies in Senior scale in organised services. I would like the learned members of the forum to opine and give their views on the issue please.

Posted on Sep 11, 2014, 11:46 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Shame!

by An IRPS officer

IRPS officer arrested for accepting bribe

http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/bribery-case-censor-board-ceo-rakesh-kumar-arrested-by-cbi-1669743.html

Posted on Aug 19, 2014, 4:59 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

More shame

by IRPS officer

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/CBI-arrests-censor-board-CEO-Rakesh-Kumar-for-taking-bribe/articleshow/40379497.cms

Posted on Aug 19, 2014, 5:04 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Shame!

by NamelessFaceless

most shame is most of the people do not know to which service this officer belongs and why publicise it in thbis colm.

Posted on Aug 19, 2014, 6:14 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Defending Shame?

by Informed Nameless faceless

Mumbai, Aug. 18:(ABP, News ) The CBI Monday arrested Rakesh Kumar, the CEO of the censor board who was under the scanner for allegedly demanding a bribe of Rs 70,000 to clear a regional language film from Chhattisgarh.

Kumar, 45, was questioned for a few days before being formally arrested, agency officials said. CBI spokesperson Kanchan Prasad confirmed the arrest. “He has been arrested as part of an ongoing anti-corruption investigation involving the censor board,” Prasad said.

Another CBI officer said Kumar was taken into custody around 8.15pm tonight at the agency’s Mumbai office and would be produced in court tomorrow.

“Kumar was arrested after we found his involvement in bribes involving more films,” the officer added.

Kumar a 1997-batch officer of the Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS) on deputation to the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) or the censor board had taken charge as CEO in January.

Kumar came under the CBI lens last week after an agent approached the CBI with a complaint that another agent, Shripati Mishra, had demanded a bribe of Rs 70,000 for a certificate to Chhattisgarhi film Mor Dauki Ke Bihav (my girlfriend’s marriage), whose producers wanted the clearance urgently as the movie was to release on August 15.

The agency had on Thursday arrested Mishra and Sarvesh Jaiswal, an advisory member of the CBFC, on charges of demanding the bribe on behalf of Kumar. That was followed by a search of Kumar’s residence.

“Kumar would delay issuing certificates unless the producers approached the board through select agents and put pressure on filmmakers who had scheduled their releases. His agents would then demand bribes from hapless producers, who paid up,” a CBI officer said.

Kumar had been at loggerheads with the industry soon after he took over in January. He had in an interview accused Bollywood filmmakers of “pushing the envelope” on foul language and adult scenes, and cited examples of how his wife and even his five-year-old daughter found the content offensive.

In the interview, Kumar had said that he and his wife had walked out of the Hrithik Roshan-starrer Agneepath after finding the violence in the film repulsive, while his five year old daughter had found “too much love” in Shuddh Desi Romance, which revolves around live-in relationships among the young.

Kumar had also slammed the language of Anurag Kashyap’s Gangs of Wasseypur, a box-office success, and defended the wider ban on smoking scenes challenged by the filmmaker in court.

Kumar had been functioning as the de facto board chief after danseuse Leela Samson resigned as chairperson. The information and broadcasting ministry which oversees the board had not appointed any replacement for Samson.

Posted on Aug 19, 2014, 7:16 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Defending Shame?

by NamelessFaceless

a shame is a shame and for a shameless fellow a shame is not a shame and why should we waste our time on that. we dont know with what purpose he left his cadre and chose an entirely differently line and with what political connection. if you look at those facts the same lies on him and somewhere else. that is the end of this sad story which brings shame if a railwayman as a railwayman sees this.

Posted on Aug 20, 2014, 11:02 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Shame

by Reader

The Telegraph
Censor probe reels off films

OUR BUREAU

Aug. 19: The Central Bureau of Investigation is probing allegations that arrested censor board CEO Rakesh Kumar arm-twisted top producers and actors into paying bribes for timely clearance of all recent “big-banner” releases.

“We have got reports that producers and makers of all the recent big-banner films allegedly paid bribe to the censor board chief,” a senior CBI official said today.

Kumar, under the scanner for allegedly demanding Rs 70,000 to clear a regional language film from Chhattisgarh, was arrested yesterday. Two others — an agent and an advisory member of the Central Board of Film Certification, or the censor board — are also in custody.

CBI sources said some top names in Bollywood apparently paid money to get movies cleared in time with the desired certification. “The common threat was to chop off item songs. Clearance was delayed till the last moment, which made producers frantic,” said a CBI source in Delhi.

Kumar, a 1997-batch Indian Railway Personnel Services officer, had joined the censor board on deputation in January and was its de facto chief after danseuse Leela Samson resigned last year. Produced before special CBI judge A.D. Karanjkar in Mumbai today, Kumar was remanded in the agency’s custody till Friday.

The CBI counsel, who spoke of a “deep conspiracy”, said searches at Kumar’s residence last week had thrown up 33 expensive watches of foreign make, including Rolex and Rado. Kumar, the counsel added, had failed to explain how he got them. The agency also claimed that Kumar used to demand up to Rs 1.5 lakh for screening a film at short notice and getting it cleared.

The CBI said that Shripati Mishra, the arrested agent, had revealed that he paid Kumar up to Rs 5 lakh. Mishra also claimed to have paid Rs 3.5 lakh to Sarvesh Jaiswal, the arrested advisory member. The money was apparently intended for Kumar, who had refused to clear films submitted through Mishra, the CBI told the court.

Another agent, Krishnapalli, had told the agency he had collected Rs 18-25 lakh on Kumar’s behalf over the past eight months.

Posted on Aug 20, 2014, 8:54 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Kick

by Reader

The CEO of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC), who has been booked in a bribery case by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), had delayed certifying two Hindi films -Kick and Singham Returns - which led to their producers making several visits to the CBFC office in Mumbai to get censor certificates before their release dates, according to the CBI probe.

Kick was released in late July and Singham Returns on August 15. CBI sources said that `Singham Returns' director Rohit Shetty even visited CBFC CEO Rakesh Kumar's residence in Colaba to request him to clear his film as soon as possible. The movie was cleared after this visit. Similarly, Kick producer Sajid Nadiadwala also called on Kumar at the latter's office just before his film's release after Kumar ex pressed reservations about some scenes in the movie.

Kumar was booked on August 14 after a censor certification agent and a CBFC advisory panel member for

Mumbai were arrested for allegedly seeking a Rs 70,000 bribe on his behalf to clear a film from Chhattisgarh, 'Mor Dauki ke Bihav', which was slated for an August 15 release.

CBI sources said that although Kick and Singham Returns are not part of their current case, they will investigate these developments to ascertain Kumar's conduct with regard to film producers and TV production houses.

As of now, the CBI is interrogating CBFC panel member Sarvesh Jaiswal and agent Shripati Mishra, who were arrested. Mishra allegedly demanded money from the Chhattisgarh film

producer and said the money was to be paid to Kumar. The information on 'Kick' and 'Singham Returns' came from the interrogations of Jaiswal and Mishra, sources said.

Jaiswal, a Congress worker from north Mumbai, was recommended for the CBFC panel member's post by a former Congress MP. Although Jaiswal's bio-data says he is a graduate, he reportedly told the CBI that he was an SSC dropout.

Sources said that the long weekend, which included public holidays, had delayed searches of Kumar's bank lockers and the assessment of transactions involving close to half-a-dozen bank accounts belonging to him. The lockers will be opened on Tuesday, following which a decision will be taken on whether he should be arrested, sources said.

Shetty and Nadiadwala cound not be reached for comment. 'Singham Returns' and 'Kick' are doing well at the box office, with the former collect

ing Rs 50-crore-plus in India in its first two days and the latter collecting Rs 373 crore worldwide to date.

Meanwhile, the CBI has recorded the statements of at least four agents who, in CBFC circles, are known to have frequent contact with Kumar.

The CBI registered an FIR against Kumar, Mishra and Jaiswal based on a complaint given by a Chhatisgarh film producer. Members of the film fraternity had earlier expressed shock at the case. "It's an exceptional case and, I'm guessing, unprecedented," said filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt.

CBFC chairperson Leela Samson, who said she had received complaints about Kumar's conduct, said, "There were no complaints of bribery, but issues over delays. When I confronted him, he would listen to me, but the complaints didn't stop." The CBI in its searches at Kumar's house in Badhwar Park recovered Rs 10.3 lakh in cash. Sources said Kumar may be questioned soon.
---

Posted on Aug 20, 2014, 8:58 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

about training of IRPS Probationers

by harendra

sir.....
can u plz tell the general schedule of irps probationers

thanks in advance

Posted on Aug 19, 2014, 4:16 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

IRPS Day 2014

by ravinder kumar

IRPS Day ka kya hua ?
kya ab bhi manaya jaayega ?
If yes, kahan ? Delhi me ya sab apna apna manayenge ?
is avsar par ek brochure ki yojna thi kya hua ?
A timely clarification is solicited please from the ones who mooted/owned the idea

Posted on Aug 18, 2014, 10:25 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Regarding Loco Pilot (M/E & Pass.) Rest

by Mrityunjaya Roy

SIR,
I WANT TO KNOW THE REST GIVEN TO LOCO PILOT MAIL/EXPRESS/PASSENGER WORKING ON LINK AND THE LOCO PILOT NOT WORKING ON LINK.PLEASE GIVE ME THE TYPES OF REST GIVEN TO LP WORKING ON LINK AND NOT ON LINK. PERIODIC HOUR OF WORKING IN 15 DAYS.
THANKS,
MRITYUNJAYA ROY

Posted on Aug 16, 2014, 9:10 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Judiciary's Similarity with Indian Railways

by NamelessFaceless

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/alleging-sexual-harassment-by-high-court-judge-a-junior-judge-quits-570298?curl=1407137210

The case is similar to what is being done in Indian Railways (as far as transfer is concerned)

Posted on Aug 4, 2014, 1:58 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

RTI Reply

by D.K.Srivastava

RAIL COACH FACTORY (KAPURTHALA)

Office of the
Controller of Stores
Rail Coach Factory (KXH)
Tilak Bridge, New Delhi.

No. 119-S/RTI/TKJ Dated:

PIO
RCF,
Kapurthala.

Sub:- Information sought by Shri Bhupinder Singh (address: B-702, Rama Apartments, Plot No. 25, Sector-43, Gurgaon-122 002: Haryana), under RTI Act-2005.

1.0 The Applicant Sh. Bhupinder Singh, who is working in this office as a senior clerk, has submitted following applications seeking information under RTI Act-

S.N. Date of application Information sought

1. 04.02.2014 Logbooks of all the officers using RCF vehicles for the last two years
2. 04.02.2014 1. Certified copies of all the work contracts/orders/supply order of all the cases in which the order/contract could not be given to the lowest rate quotation/Bid, due to any reason, for the last five years.

2. Certified copies of the minutes of meeting of TC in all the cases mentioned in SN 1.

3. Name, address & contact number of all the lowest rate bidders mentioned in SN 1
3. 05.02.2014 1. Detailed purpose of duty along with duty reports of all the officers of RCF who claimed TA from 01.01.2012 till date.

2. Certified copies of all the monthly TA Bills of all the officers of RCF from 01.01.2012 onwards.

3. Total amount of TA Paid to all the officers of RCF since 01.01.2012 till date

4. Details of expense incurred by the RCF on the official tours/visits (In India or abroad) of all the officers since 01.10.2010 till date.

4. 06.02.2014 1. List of the items which are purchased by RCF from two or more vendors having a price difference of more than 10% alongwith their respective rates.

2. Total number of items purchased from each of the vendors (From SN 1) during the last two years.

3. Name & designation of the orders sanctioning authorities for the purchases mentioned in SN 2.

5. 17.02.2014 1. Certified copies of the “Income Tax Returns” of all the officiers of RCF for the last three years.

2. Certified copies of the declaration regarding the possession of movable/immovable properties/Assets alongwith the details of properties/assets acquired by all the officers of RCF and their dependent family members since last three years.

3. Certified copies of all the Bank Account statements of all the RCF officers & their dependents for the last three years alongwith the declaration that neither they themselves nor their respective family members have any bank accounts other than those of which the account statements are being supplied.

6. 17.02.2014 1. Total number of coaches for which the material has been purchased by RCF since last five years.

2. Cost of the material purchased as per SN 1 above.

3. Detail of the stock of material of coaches brought forward five years ago.

4. Cost of the material carried forward five years ago as mentioned in SN 3 above.

5. Total number of coaches manufactured during last five years.

6. Number of coaches for which material is in stock with RCF as on date.

7. Cost of the material present in RCF as on date as mentioned in SN 6.

7. 28.03.2014 1. Detailed purpose of all the visits/inspections of the vendors/suppliers/firms or any production units, done by any of the RCF officials during last three years.

2. Certified copies of all the inspection notes/reports submitted by the RCF officials as per SN 1 above.
8. 10.04.2014 1. Detailed list of the total Contractors/Suppliers/Vendors (with their Names and Addressed) supplying Part/Spares to RCF.

3. Detailed list of the total Contracts/Vendors (with their Names and Addresses) whose eimployees (with their details) are working within the premises of RCF.

3. Total number with details of items supplied/work done by the Contracts/Suppliers/Vendors and total amount paid to them as mentioned in SN 1 & 2 above.

9. 25.04.2014 1. Details of all purchases (alongwith the copies of PO, Quotations, Comparative statements, minutes of TC Meetings) of the computers, printers, scanner, routers and other related accessories thereof since last five years.

2. Yearly number and their cost of printer cartridges of various makes purchased by RCF during last five years.

3. Yearly expense incurred by RCF of toner refilling of the printer cartridges during last five years.

2. To put up the case in perspective, the brief background seems necessary. The Applicant is servicing in this office as Sr. Clerk. As a consequence of Departmental disciplinary proceeding, he was removed from service in 1992. Subsequently, after 21 years, he was reinstated in the service because of judicial intervention. Since then, he has been using RTI as a tool for vendetta against the organization. During informal interaction, the Applicant has said that since he has been harassed by the Department, he would now harass the Department by asking for extensive information under the RTI Act, and he would continue to do so and if in the process, department is getting harassed, well, so be it. As is evident from the details of his Applications, he has been seeking the different information at the interval of almost every 2 to 3 days. With this background, let me briefly discuss his request and my views thereon.
3. In his application dated 04.02.2014, he had asked for the logbooks of all the officers using official vehicles for the last two years. There are 161 officers in RCF, and if logbooks of all the officers for the last two years are to be supplied, it would run into hundreds of pages. In addition, disclosure of log books for the period of 2 years of all officers, without any exception, would lead to disclosure of movement of all officers on day-to day basis over a prolonged period giving a definite hint of routine life of an officer/individual that might be used to harm them, and thereby, having adverse impact on their personal safety.
4. In the another application of the same date, he has sought certified copies of all the work contracts/orders/supply order of all the cases in which the order/contract could not be given to the lowest rate quotation/Bid, due to any reason, for the last five years. He has further sought the certified copies of the minutes of meeting of TC in all the cases. Now, let me examine his request on practical consideration.. Leave alone the works contracts; there are more than 3000 items, which are being purchased by RCF every year to manufacture the coaches. Hence, we are entering into thousands of supply contracts every year, and therefore, documents for the last 5 years would run into tens of thousands of pages. Any attempt to extract the documents from the relevant files is likely to bring the official work to grinding halt for several days. In addition, TC proceedings do contain the information of large number of third parties disclosure of which might adversely affect the competitive/trade information of their business.
5. On next day dated 05.02.2014, he had asked for TA bills of all the officers of RCF along with certified copies of all the purposes of their official visit from October,2012. Since Railway is an operational organization, frequent travelling, unlike other departments, is inescapable. When on duty, Railway officers and employees do travel on duty passes and no traveling allowances in form of fare etc are paid to them. They are only paid dearness allowances. Hence, TA bills are limited to the payment of Dearness allowances only. Here again, information asked (TA bills of all officers) would run into hundreds of pages.
6. Similarly, he has asked for Income Tax Returns for the last three years of all officers alongwith certified copies of the declaration of movable/immovable properties. He has further asked for certified copies of the Bank Account Statements of all the officers and their dependants for the last three years alongwith the declaration that neither they themselves nor their family members have any bank account other than those of which the account statement are being supplied. At the outset, it is submitted that IT Returns are filed by officers with Income Tax Department and not available in this office. Further, asking for Bank Account statement of the officers and their dependents from the Department is ridiculous. This is not available with the Department. It is purely personal information pertaining to an individual and clear cut case of “invasion of privacy” of any individual. Looking from a different angle, disclosure of information related to individual bank accounts is fraught with dangerous consequences for individual safety. By asking for such information, the Applicant has taken his right to an absurd length.
7. The list his requests are endless and I understand that many more such applications from him are in the pipeline. As a matter of act, entire organization of Rail Coach Factory seems clueless and struggling with itself to deal with such intensity of harassment which the Applicant is inflicting in the garb of his right available to him under the RTI Act.
8. On the basis of the above mentioned facts, I am of the view that the case is purely one of the personal grievances having no relevance to larger public interest. After all, RTI Act is meant for genuine information seekers to fulfill the objectives set out in the preamble of the Act and not to settle scores either with any individual or with the Department where the Applicant is working. His deliberate attempts to harass the Department under the garb of RTI shock the basic foundation stone on which four corners of RTI Act rest. It is painful to note that the applicant has absolutely misused the right given to Indian Citizen. It is felt that it is for the Applicants like him, RTI is getting a bad name and the present case is an example to the ridiculous length to which a person can take a beneficial piece of legislation and make a mockery of it.
9. Before I part with my views, I would like to put it on record that in the past, 2 almost identical cases had come up for decision before the Central information Commission i.e. Apex body on RTI matters. In case of Smt Uma Kanti & Sh. Ramesh Chandra V/s Navodaya Vidalya (No. CIC/OK/C/2007/00362 and 367 dated 05.01.2008) and also the case of Sh. Fakir Chand V/s North Western Railway, Bikaner (No. CIC/OK/A/2007/00951 dated 20.12.2007), the facts were almost identical to the instant case. CIC’s decisions in above referred two cases are squarely applicable to the instant case. In the aforsaid cases, Commission while upholding the decision of CPIO not to supply the information went on to add that such cases are fit for taking punitive action against the Applicant had there been provision for this in the RTI Act. Commission also observed that such cases do show the necessity of some provision in the RTI Act for taking punitive action against the Applicants who seek to misuse the RTI Act in such a blatant fashion.
10. In the light of the above stated facts and by placing on reliance on the the CIC’s decisions as brought out in the preceding Para, the information sought in the Applications mentioned in Para 1 are hereby denied.
D.K.Srivastava
CMM/RCF

Posted on Aug 3, 2014, 1:05 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: RTI Reply

by NamelessFaceless

Why this posted on IRPS forum? Do u expect IRPS officers to do anything in this subject matter?

If yes, then ........!

Posted on Aug 4, 2014, 1:53 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Dealing with vexatious RTI applicants

by Balachandra Iyer

Yes, unfortunately there is no penal provision against vexatious RTI applicants. Having said that, let me share some of the ways that I adopted while working in a sensitive post in the UPSC to deal with such applicants (of whom, there were quite a few with no love lost for the UPSC!)
a) Apart from the CIC decisions quoted by you, there are also others, including by Shri Shailesh Gandhi as IC that allow the CPIO to not respond to future frivolous queries of the applicant. As it is now over a year and a half since I left UPSC, I do not readily recollect the case reference. There is also a decision by Mr Wajahat Habibullah in a case where an applicant asked around a 1000 questions from the UPSC that the CPIO is not bound to respond to this long list.
b) I have also used the clause that Rs.10/ is the fee for an RTI application/query and used the wording in the RTI Act to argue that this does not imply that an application can have multiple queries of dissimilar nature. Again, some CIC decisions support this interpretation.
c) In at least a couple of important cases (probably in 2010 or so), the Hon'ble Supreme Court had held that the Preamble of the RTI Act was as important as the Sections of the Act. As the Preamble speaks clearly of harmonising interests of Govt efficiency and confidentiality of sensitive information with interests of transparency, it can be argued that diversion of sizeable manpower resources to service an RTI query that has no public interest is against the Preamble and against the spirit of the RTI Act.
d) An important thing to realise is that the CPIO is under no obligation to do any research or separate compilation/collation just to answer an RTI query. A DoPT memorandum of July 2008 also reiterates this. Therefore, if an applicant asks how many non-LI bidders were awarded contracts; unless this information is already compiled in a return/report, you are under no obligation to count such cases and generate a report for him. Section 5(9) of the Act is also helpful to the CPIO in this regard.
e) Of course, exemption clauses specified in the Act need to be used well and this can be the subject of a long essay by itself.
e) Finally, one way of dealing with queries asking for information to be gleaned from different records and large volumes of data/files (unless they are exempted from disclosure) is to call the applicant to 'inspect' all these records and take notes of whatever he wants. In practice, surrounded by a sea of crumbling registers and thick files, and with the added burden of having to handle these carefully (to prevent damage, as the applicant is to be specifically told), and with the physical discomfort/inconvenience involved, frivolous applicants will lose interest quickly enough. The fact that inspections were offered but not availed of would go against the applicant if he goes in appeal.

Hope these will be useful to CPIOs who definitely are often a harassed lot!

Balachandra Iyer

Posted on Aug 12, 2014, 11:00 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Submission of declaration of assets and liabilities by the public servants

by Reader

IMMEDIATE

F. No. 21/2/2014-CS.l (PR)

Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions

Department of Personnel & Training

CS.l Division

2nd Floor, Loknayak Bhawan,

Khan Market, New Delhi

Dated July 31st July, 2014

Subject: The Lokpal and Lokayktas Act, 2013 – Submission of declaration of assets and liabilities by the public servants

The undersigned is directed to refer to the subject mentioned above and to say that the Government has since notified the Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Return of Assets and Liabilities and the limits for Exemption of Assets in Filing Returns) Rules, 2014 under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 on 14.07.2014. The same is available in the website of this Department.

2. Every public servant is now required to file declaration, information or return, as the case may be regarding his assets and liabilities as on 31st March every year, to the competent authority, on or before the 31st July of that year. Every public servant is also required to file revised declarations, information or as the case may be, annual returns as on the 1st August, 2014, to the competent authority on or before, 15th September, 2014.

3. All Ministries/ Departments are, accordingly, requested to bring the provisions of the Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Return of Assets and Liabilities and the limits for Exemption of Assets in Filling Returns) Rules, 2014, to the notice of all CSS Officers under their administrative control.

4. The web based cadre management system will be modified to include all the forms now prescribed under the above quoted rules. However, it will take some time before it is incorporated in the system and made operational for filing of declarations, returns etc. In the meanwhile all CSS Officers are advised to file hard copy of the revised declarations, information and returns to their Ministries/ Departments well before the closing date of 15.9.2014. Ministries/ Departments are requested to forward the declarations, information, returns submitted by US and above level officers of CSS to CS.I Division, DoPT for records. A

sd/-

(Utkarsh R Tiwaari)

Director

Posted on Aug 1, 2014, 9:30 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Submission of declaration of assets and liabilities by the public servants

by NamelessFaceless

What will those Public servants do, specially of Indian Railways, who manage their personal business during office hours?

Posted on Aug 2, 2014, 9:36 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Rbss vs grp A services

by NamelessFaceless

In all probability , it will b a bit difficult to stop RBSS from aiming and achieving higher posts and fast promotion in Board and the best strategy could be to include them rather than to exclude them .The RBSS cadre and posts at dy secy level or US level onwards need to be merged with IRAS and IRPS suitably modifying the 50 Percent of promotional qouta in these services . The earlier decision to exclude them from entering IRPS has now proved to be one of the worst decisions as IRPS till date do not have any influence in any of the policy decions of the board . Perhaps some smart RBSS turned IRPS at the top by this would have shaped a better role for IRPS

Posted on Aug 1, 2014, 10:36 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Rbss vs grp A services

by NamelessFaceless

What is this so called fight between RBSS and other Group A railway services?

Who is losing anything if RBSS gets faster promotion as compared to other Group A railway services?

When IAS and IRAS/IRTS get earlier promotions as compared to other Group A railway services, no one complains.

RBSS any way enjoys posting in Delhi through out their career. Compare it with posting of a Group A officer in Dongapusi.

Let them have other benefit also, as these promotions are also expenditure neutral for Indian Railways.

Within Group A railway services, careers of Juniors are being deliberately ruined for ulterior motives.

No transparency is followed in issuing transfer orders.

Posted on Aug 1, 2014, 11:27 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

CHANGE OF DESIGNATION

by DR SHINDE TUSHABA

MYSELF DR SHINDE TUSHABA DASHARATHRAO,[SL. NO. 291] DPO/NED PROMOTED AND POSTED AS DYCPO/ WEL/ SECUNDERABAD/SCR.
MAY KINDLY UPDATE.
THANX

Posted on Jul 31, 2014, 10:42 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

List stands updated. Thanks.

by Webmaster

Posted on Aug 1, 2014, 9:37 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Obsolete nomenclature

by S. Tamilcholai

The concept of average pay for payment of leave salary in Rlys.was given adieu decades back. Yet, it is strange that we have terms like"leave on average pay"(LAP) & "leave on half average pay"(LHAP). No other central govt.dept or any state govt.has such obsolete, out-dated & irksome terminologies. The said terms should be replaced by "Privilege Leave" & " Half Pay Leave". This small yet long due change should be got done by our IRPS fraternity.

Posted on Jul 30, 2014, 5:34 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

leave

by n. ramaswami

i entirely agree with tamilcholai but the term privilege leave may connote some other thing which may have legal implication as leave cannot claimed as a matter of right while a privilege may be claimed as a matter of right. it would be a good idea to coin a new terminology for such obsolete outdated irksome ones. we also have something called leave without pay, ex india leave etc. all these need change. i dont know if there has been change in rules with regard to purchase of simple items like rubber stamps and ball point pens even by administrative officers for their office use, as when i was in service, there was an accounts objection for purchase of rubber stamp (for making routine entries in SR in bulk through rubber stamps)and i know there was an audit objection for purchase of ball pen (in the place of ink powder and steelpen as they used to be called and in place of copying pencils!!!! supplied by the stores department). I have always been insisting and still do that a relook into all the codes need be done and unnecessary obsolete items should be deleted. when Mr. Tiruvengadam was there in Board he had commissioned me to revise DAR wbich i remember to hae done(three decades ago) and in SC Rly. they had issued avenue charts for all categories and delegation of powers for all departments.
May be we dont have substitutes (I understand in that place we go in for contract workers - nurses doctors etc)but i dont know if they have removed the rule(?)from IREM that for substitute apptt. one has to go through employment exchange ( a substitute is appointed for a limited period and only in emergencies!!!). I mention this case because in my own case i had to fight a vigilance (though this is not a vigilance case but a departmental discretion)right upto the President of India to get a censure cancelled - though it cost me my promotion!!!!!!!!!! People like tamilcholai who have only recently retired should be able to get all these things done now and IRPS fraternity should join together.

Posted on Jul 30, 2014, 8:00 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Leave

by S. Tamilcholai

I am of the humble view that there will be no legal implication due to suggested change as there is difference between 'privilege' & 'right'. The term 'privilege leave'equivalent to our LAP is used in banks. The term used by other depts.or state govts.for 'LAP' is 'earned leave'or 'privilege leave'. I raised this issue before the then Advisor(Staff) during a meeting with Hqrs.Personnel Officers of S.C.Rly about 8 years back. He appreciated the point and told that this point would be examined. But, nothing happened. As regards substitutes, GMs are competent to approve their engagements and there is no need to go thro' Employment Exchange. It is high time that Railways having an exclusive central Gr'A' service for estt.matters change such meaningless nomenclatures though belatedly. Better late than never!

Posted on Jul 30, 2014, 9:37 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Leave

by S. Tamilcholai

I am of the humble view that there will be no legal implication due to suggested change as there is difference between 'privilege' & 'right'. The term 'privilege leave'equivalent to our LAP is used in banks. The term used by other depts.or state govts.for 'LAP' is 'earned leave'or 'privilege leave'. I raised this issue before the then Advisor(Staff) during a meeting with Hqrs.Personnel Officers of S.C.Rly about 8 years back. He appreciated the point and told that this point would be examined. But, nothing happened. As regards substitutes, GMs are competent to approve their engagements and there is no need to go thro' Employment Exchange. It is high time that Railways having an exclusive central Gr'A' service for estt.matters change such meaningless nomenclatures though belatedly. Better late than never!

Posted on Jul 30, 2014, 9:37 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Leave

by n. ramaswami

good point tamil cholai and now that the advisor staff is himself an officer from s.c. railway he may do something in this regard. regarding substitutes i made a mention since in irem it appears there is a para stating that for appointment of substitutes one should go through employment exchanges. i think it would be futile to approach a gm for appointing a substitute nurse for a month or continue one as such as even MSs were competent in those days and i think it is still continued. afterall it is two and half decades that i retired and rules might have changed for the better but what i mean to suggest is that those who retired recently and those who are in service should be able to suggest such things. there is an advisor staff and he must be able to get these things sorted out. of course things would go in a better way only if we have a member staff who knows his job and who is from the cadre (it is beyond one's comprehension as to how a member staff who is dealing with vigilance also is from other cadre while a member electrical is from that cadre,member engineering is from that cadre and member mechanical is from that cadre and an fc is from that cadre!!!!!!).

Posted on Jul 31, 2014, 2:54 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

regularsation of ad-hoc period

by abcd

sir ,the pointed case not available on sc court site kindly upload this case on irps site if available with you for information to all group b officers.

Posted on Jul 30, 2014, 1:31 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

regulersation of adhoc period

by abcd

all promotee officer got sr.scale on ad-hoc basis.after awarding group a from upsc can this ad-hoc period regularised automatically or by other system.kindly guide for all promotee officers.because of that if they are applying for some deputation post and the minimum eligiblity criteria required for published post minimum service in the grade pay is rs.6600 from which date they show the his working in the grade pay rs.6600 on regular basis can they show the ad-hoc period as regular period for required condition.kindly help us.

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 10:47 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: regulersation of adhoc period

by efghi

once they are approved by the UPSC and given group A they are automatically fitted in the batch from which they are given group A.by the Railway board from the day a service is formed. this is a general rule and asking for railway boards letter (!!!) is of no use. Please address railway board for authority based on which they are doing it and they will say that is the rule of UPSC. i am afraid during the adhoc promotion to sr. scale you get only a certain amount as addition and not the grade itself.( i always use to call it as casual labour sr. scale or casual labour j.a grade!!!) the grade starts only from the date you are absorbed in group A and that date is the criteria and you dont need the railway board's authority.

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 6:47 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Regularisation of ad-hoc period

by S. Tamilcholai

Senior Scale is a Group'A' post as is clear from Rule Nos.111(2)(a)&(d) of Indian Railway Establishment Code, Vol.I(IREC, VOL.I on account of which, a Group'B' Officer is promoted on ad-hoc basis to a Sr.Scale post as per the Railway Board's decision given under Rule No.209 of IREC, Vol.I. The said ad-hoc promotion would get regularised on induction into Group'A' and the seniority (DOITS)in Group'A' would be determined by giving weightage of 50% of Group'B' service subject to a maximum of 5(five) years. The ad-hoc service in Sr.Scale,if any, prior to DOITS would not be taken into account as regular Group'A' service with Grade Pay of Rs.6600/-.I hope that the doubt is cleared.

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 11:38 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Regularisation of ad-hoc period

by S. Tamilcholai

'Para 209 of IREC, Vol.I' in my earlier message may please be read as 'Para 214 of IREC, Vol.I.'

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 11:46 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Regularisation of ad-hoc period

by NamelessFaceless

i thought it is not just five years but also dependent on pay. i remember a case in s.c. railway where because of this rule a person in group b when he got absorbed in gr.a. got a seniority by which he was promoted to group a from group c itself i.e. the person was not even in group b service on the date when he was given seniority in group a !!!!!

Posted on Jul 28, 2014, 6:48 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Regularisation of ad-hoc promotion.

by S. Tamilcholai

The case alluded by Mr/Ms.Nameless Faceless is that of Sri.K. Thiagarajan, CPO(A)/S.C.Rly who unfortunately died while in service. After that case of assignment of seniority in Group'A' earlier to a date he joined Rly.service as Section Officer thro' RBSS(Group'B'), the methodology for assignment of seniority on promotion to Gr'A' was changed. However, for academic interest,the judgment of the apex court upholding the assignment of seniority on promotion to Gr'A' may pl.be seen in the case of A.K.Nigam Vs Sunil Misra pronounced on 13.5.1994 by Justice Yogeshwar Dayal. Citation: 1994 Supo(2) SCC 245.It is reiterated that the system of assignment of seniority on promotion to Gr'A'adopted in the said case has subsequently been changed.

Posted on Jul 29, 2014, 9:34 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

good point

by well wisher

Good response tamilcholai sir can u give ur contact no

Posted on Jul 30, 2014, 12:13 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: good point

by NamelessFaceless

mr. tamilcholai should have known the case of one group b officer who got his group a when he was in group c service itself on the same railway!!!

Posted on Jul 30, 2014, 7:46 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Regularisation of ad-hoc promotion.

by S. Tamilcholai

Please be specific. I don't know the name of the Officer who was granted the benefit except the officer referred to by me in my earlier message. Let us be very specific in this forum as the intention is dissemination of information and not infliction of mental wound on any officer. Let there be transparency as the discussion is not confined to 2 individuals! This is my humble view for information of all the enlightened users of this forum.

Posted on Jul 30, 2014, 10:04 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Regularisation of ad-hoc promotion.

by n. ramaswami

was it mr. krishnamurthy or p.s.n. murthy or someone like that. if at all any, it could be only one such person. in the case of tyagarajan his case was entirely different in that he got his group a over those persons who appeared along with him in upsc for group a as those selected in group a were posted as such while tyagarajan who got a lower position got group b and then promoted to group a where such an anamoly appeared. anyway my memory is failing in these things.

Posted on Jul 31, 2014, 2:58 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

MUST READ

by WELL WISHER

CRB has led a delegation of RBSS officers to MR protesting the entry of Group-A officers in Confidential cell. This has happened after the erroneous promotions given to RBSS officers got put up on file.Its time for all Group A officers to join hands or else quietly suffer the inhuman treatment, the unfair means by which careers of so many Group A officers have been ruined for years.This is the moment to seize.WAKE UP.

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 4:22 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

NOT ONLY CRB, SECRETARY TOO

by WELL WISHER TOO

CRB WAS ACCOMPANIED BY SECRETARY RAILWAY BOARD

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 4:30 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: NOT ONLY CRB, SECRETARY TOO

by why

When Careers of Group A officers is repeatedly being ruined by Group A officers themselves, who will raise a voice now?

It is time that FROA starts sending regular contributions to PM National Relief Fund for better utilisation of Group A officer's monthly contributions.

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 6:02 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: NOT ONLY CRB, SECRETARY TOO

by Whispers

As stated on www.whispersinthecorridors.com, on 25-July-2014:

With the new government displaying extremely keenness on carrying out restructuring and reforms in the Indian Railways, change at the apex level in the Board is expected shortly. With separation of policy making and executive functions, the powers of the Board would now be severely restricted. Most of the railway officers are eagerly waiting for the changes to be initiated.

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 6:10 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

mountain of a molehill...breathe easy by thinking logically!!

by nk

i'm surprised why all promotions everywhere is not being done through with the help of a software. such a software will cost roughly 5 lakh rupees and after that all promotions can be executed in a clockwork manner...no more headaches no more dar due to unintentional human errors..

nk

Posted on Jul 28, 2014, 12:57 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: mountain of a molehill...breathe easy by thinking logically!!

by NamelessFaceless

if it goes to the knowledge of our digital savvy pm it would certainly be done as this would also save labour!!!!

Posted on Jul 28, 2014, 6:50 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Rbss vs grp A services

by NamelessFaceless

In all probability , it will b a bit difficult to stop RBSS from aiming and achieving higher posts and fast promotion in Board and the best strategy could be to include them rather than to exclude them .The RBSS cadre and posts at dy secy level or US level onwards need to be merged with IRAS and IRPS suitably modifying the 50 Percent of promotional qouta in these services . The earlier decision to exclude them from entering IRPS was one of the great blunters our seniors as IRPS till date have do not have any influence in any of the policy decions of the board . Perhaps some smart RBSS turned IRPS at the top by this would have shaped a better role for IRPS

Posted on Aug 1, 2014, 10:15 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

RBSS vs IRPS

by Ex President RBSS Gr-B Association

Pls. do not try to initiate artficial war betwwen two cadres.. this situation is being created by only those officers who wanted to be posted in Delhi.. Questioning on each other is not good for organization. As suggested by CRB in FROA meeting.. RBSS is also strength of Indian Railway . if something is lacking develop RBSS and give strength. posting of other deparment officer to manage their own affairs is not going to help. It is going to killthe whole system.The IRPS officers posted in Board are requested not to misinterpret the rules to harm RBSS.

Posted on Sep 9, 2014, 3:52 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Subject: Celebration of “IRPS day” to be held on 1st September, 2014.

by Arvind Kumar

Subject: Celebration of “IRPS day” to be held on 1st September, 2014.

Reference is invited to the message posted on 23rd June, 2014 on the above subject. It is informed that in view of the limited time available, it has been decided that this year the “IRPS Day” celebrations will not be held at a centralized level in Delhi.

2. Further, it has also been decided that efforts to compile and bring out the professional brochure should continue as an initiative independent of the “IRPS Day” celebrations. As such, the inputs for the proposed brochure on professional articles, case studies, best HR/Personnel Management practices, innovations etc adopted outside and within Railways leading to notable improvements in organizational functioning/efficiency enhancement etc continue to be invited.

3. As indicated earlier also, the articles, case studies, best practices, innovations etc that are submitted should relate to HRM/ Personnel Management/ Establishment law/ Industrial Relations/ Industrial law/ Motivation/ Change Management/ Team Building/ Organisation Structure/ Organisation Behavior/ training & skill enhancement (HRD)/ personal development (improvement)/time management etc.

4. All IRPS officers, including probationary officers, are requested to contribute articles/case studies etc in this regard. These should be mailed to Shri Trikal Rabha, Chairman, RRB, Siliguri and Shri Arvind Kumar, Secretary, IRPOA by 31st August, 2014 at the following e-mail addresses.

arvind.at@gmail.com
arvind_at@hotmail.com

(Arvind Kumar)
Secretary, IRPOA

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 11:25 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

irps day

by n. ramaswami

well i am not bashful. i would suggest the secretary to get a copy of the book Indian Case Studies and another Attitude and Behaviour from T.R.Publications, next to Sivaji Ganesan's house, South Boag Road, T.Nagar, Chennai 600 017 which contains a lot of cases, some solved also, which would certainly be useful to the present IRPS persons. i am not sure if these books are still available or out of print. these were written by me quite some time ago and were popular amongst MBA students. some railways(CPOs) seem to have got copies of these books also. Some three editions were brought out and then i had left writing as i find it difficult.

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 8:03 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

how it is helpful?

by NamelessFaceless

It is not clear how celebration of such days (IRSE day,IRSME day,IRAS day, IRPS day etc.) is helpful to railway officers or railway organisation?

It is simply a wastage of resources in a poor country.

It is time for all railwaymen to serve India and desist from wastage of economic resources.

All railway officers belong to railway department (which is facing worst economic crisis).

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 10:27 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: how it is helpful?

by n. ramaswami

it is helpful in the sense that those who are new will exchange ideas and there will be uniformity in working once they build up camraderie. if Unions can organise all india meets with the help of railways certainly this unorganised labour (i mean the IRPS community!!!) should have such things and come up with valuable suggestions to improve working and service to railway men so that they are able to do their job well.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 3:46 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

WORK

by NamelessFaceless

Why IRPS need suggestions to improve Indian Railways? Why not work with full dedication and contribute to progress of IR? Please do not compare IRPS with Organised unions of railwaymen!

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 3:57 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: WORK

by NamelessFaceless

Agreed organized have their own inner problems while these type of unorganized unrecognised ones need some teeth!!!!!

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 6:58 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: WORK

by teeth

Will observing and celebrating IRPS day on 01 September bring any teeth to IRPS?

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 7:40 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Change of designation

by Amit Mehra

I (Amit Singh Mehra, Srl. No. 350 on the officers list) have been promoted from APO/Kgp division to DPO/Kgp division, SE Railway on regular basis. Rest of the details remain the same. Admin is requested to kindly make the necessary change. Thanks.

Posted on Jul 15, 2014, 11:03 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

List Stands updated. Thanks.

by Webmaster

Posted on Jul 18, 2014, 1:24 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Untitled

by n. ramaswami

CPO Sry. had a nice idea of calling some of us(though retired almost 25 years ago)during the DPOs conference to share a few of our experiences. yes, for a day long meeting, the lunch meeting might seem a little boring, (though very interesting for us to see some of our old colleagues (of course the are the CPOs,Dy.CPOs and SDGM and a good time to reminisce and feel nostalgic for us)i am stunned by the enthusiasm of these officers to interact with us which shows the cadre would grow very well and they will produce wonders. it seems good if the other railways could do this during a lunch interaction with whoever senior is present there. my blessings to the cadre.

Posted on Jul 8, 2014, 6:57 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Untitled

by Sunil

It is a good idea! I wish other zones/divisions to take it forward.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014, 8:46 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

comp appt

by kln

respected sir,
kindly clarify my doubt.

In case of appointment of ward of demised employee on compassionate ground :

what is the upper age limit?

for example, the age is 38. then will he be eligible. eligibility for UR/sc/obc.
kindly clarify with relevant board orders.

Posted on Jul 1, 2014, 7:26 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

age wont matter

by Ravinder kumar

In case of comp apptt age is liberally relaxed by GM/CPO...so it does not really matter what is being looked into is does the case deserve compassion

Posted on Jul 2, 2014, 11:45 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

kindly respond

by kln

sir
1. The first son(37 years) with wife & two kids is dependent on his father. His father who is a tech./gr.I (PB1+GP2800) has expired at the age of 58/59 years.
2. The 2nd son of the demised employee who is a railway employee is not taking care of the family and living separately.
3. The wife of the demised employee is seeking for appointment of her first son on comp appointment into group-c since the family pension is too low to take care of the family.
kindly clarify sir whether he can be considered on compassionate grounds.

thanking you,

Posted on Jul 5, 2014, 10:34 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Age for comp.appointment

by S. Tamilcholai

Upper age limit for appointment on compassionate grounds may be relaxed on merits of the case. In respect of appointments in Group"C" posts, the Chief Personnel Officer is competent to accord approval for upper age relaxation. DRMs may relax upper age limit for appointment in erstwhile Group"D" posts. Though the lower age limit is 18 years for appointment in Railways, the General Managers may personally approve upto one year in the lower age limit prescribed and beyond one year of relaxation in the lower age limit, the case is to be referred to the Railway Board for approval. Ref: Board's letter no. E(NG)III/79/RC-1/47, dt:29.11.1979 recapitulated in para VI(a) of Railway Board's Master Circular No.16. The said age relaxation is applicable irrespective of the community.

Posted on Jul 3, 2014, 8:21 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

pls respond to this

by kln

sir,
case study:

1. railway employee - death during service.
2. first son 37 years - unemployed is dependent on father.
3. 2nd son working in railway.
4. wife of the demised employee wants her first son to get rly job on comp grounds as her 2nd son is not taking care of them.
5. in such case will the first son be considered for appointment on comp. grounds.

kindly clarify.

Posted on Jul 5, 2014, 10:13 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: pls respond to this

by nameless faceless

sir at first please clarify if the second son is appointed in railways on compassionate grounds on the demise of his father.

Posted on Jul 5, 2014, 8:51 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

RESPOND TO THIS

by kln

SIR
THE 2ND SON GOT THROUGH RRB AND NOT ON THE DEMISE OF HIS FATHER. HIS MOTHER IS HOUSE WIFE.
THE 2ND SON IS A RAILWAY EMPLOYEE BUT HE IS NOT TAKING CARE OF THE MOTHER AND IS LIVING SEPARATELY WITH HIS FAMILY. MY QUESTION IS CAN CHANCE BE GIVEN TO THE FIRST SON ON THE REQUEST OF THE MOTHER.
WAITING FOR THE REPLY.

Posted on Jul 5, 2014, 10:15 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Clarification on comp.appt.

by S. Tamilcholai

It is left to the discretion of the authority competent to approve the C.G.appointment to take into account the financial condition of the family, number of dependents in the family, the age of the dependents and the settlement amounts including family pension, if any and other relevant factors and arrive at a conclusion. The guiding factor for extension of the benefit of C.G.appointment is to relieve the family of the deceased of the sudden financial stringency/deprivation caused by the sudden death of the emloyee.

Posted on Jul 5, 2014, 10:58 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Clarification on comp.appt.

by ganesh murthy

I agree with Mr Tamil Cholai please

Posted on Jul 7, 2014, 3:56 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: comp appt

by no purpose

It seems that the main reason for which Indian Railways exists is to provide employment to Indians through (a) C.G.A. (b) Sports quota (c) Cultural Quota (d) Substitutes route (e) Scout & Guide quota (f) TADK route .

Posted on Jul 18, 2014, 10:39 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

DPO & CVI named in FIR for recruitment Scam.

by NewsWatcher

NEW DELHI: The Central Bureau of Investigation on Sunday unearthed a major recruitment scam in Indian Railways with the arrest of 13 students, an advocate and a chief vigilance inspector for the leak of examination of assistant railway locomotive pilots. The main accused in the scam is absconding, sources said.

CBI officials say that several senior railway officials, including a divisional personnel officer in Bangalore and a chief vigilance inspector, are under the scanner. The question papers for the exam of locomotive pilots were allegedly leaked for Rs 5 lakh each.

CBI sleuths raided a flat in Bangalore at 6.30am on Sunday and found 13 students there with the question papers, said sources.

The candidates, appearing for the exam, were arrested along with an advocate G Sri Ramappa and chief vigilance inspector of South Western Railways — S Mahesh. In its FIR, CBI has also named divisional personnel officer of South Western Railways, T Shivana, and another person identified as R Dayanand apart from the 13 candidates. The accused have been charged with criminal conspiracy, cheating and under sections of the prevention of corruption act.
Sources say that the 13 aspirants were kept in the flat with a promise that the question paper of the examination, which was scheduled to be held on Sunday, would be leaked for a bribe of Rs 5 lakh each.

The spokesperson said after taking the 13 candidates into custody, residences of the other accused were also searched and some sample question papers and cash amounting to Rs 1.5 lakh were seized.

CBI officials say they conducted the raids on the basis of a tip-off that question papers were being leaked.

The assistant loco pilot examination is conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board. The assistant loco pilot assists the loco pilots in driving and other duties besides attending to minor repairs.

Posted on Jun 30, 2014, 10:00 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: DPO & CVI named in FIR for recruitment Scam.

by Another Reader

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/XUhoeGNRZz9g2MPy76MGEI/Railway-recruitment-CBI-arrests-15.html

Posted on Jun 30, 2014, 10:01 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

by NamelessFaceless

shows the honesty of the vigilance!!!!! fence eating........

Posted on Jul 1, 2014, 7:37 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

by another nameless faceless

A classic example of people who preach do not practice.

Posted on Jul 1, 2014, 9:30 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Rail TV

by nk

I think time has come that Railway Board to should seriously consider opening of Rail TV. I only see gains and gains from such a move.

1. Rail TV can be easy and extremely cheap method of information dissemination through 'Train based News' for crores of railway travelers everyday.
2. Rail TV can hugely cut costs of many ongoing publicity drives of Indian Railways.
3. Besides, Railway can initiate new publicity drives which can hugely enhance safety of the railways.
4. Rail TV it can generate healthy debate/information for various ongoing projects of modernization.
5. For job seekers, Rail TV can be easy information channel as RRB and RRC can use this medium to disseminate quick information to the candidates and dramatically cut advt costs.
6. I am sure many such publicity drives are needed by other departments as well.
7. Advt can generate easy revenue which can make this tv economically viable project.
8. Tourism information can also be given through this channel.

nk

Posted on Jun 30, 2014, 3:10 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Re: Rail TV

by NamelessFaceless

This is an excellent idea. please post it in Mr. Modi's page and send it to Railway Minister by name and see if some action is taken. in the normal course i have known that such good innovative ideas are sent to PR branch and a babu consigns it to his waste paper basket. this is known to me personally as one such good suggestion forwarded by a CCS in 1972 was sent to PUC and the paper was laughed at!!!!!!

Posted on Jul 1, 2014, 7:36 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

AP DEECET (DIET CET) Results 2014 Marks Ranks-dietcet.cgg.gov.in

by mallikarjuna

AP DEECET (DIET CET) Results 2014 Marks Ranks-dietcet.cgg.gov.in and all latest DEECET DIETCET Results 2014 updates

DEECET DIETCET Results 2014 updates at

Posted on Jun 30, 2014, 2:59 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Untitled

by ankit arora

Hello sir....I want to noe that......how u gave the tender..to the party..& what was the xondions of it

Posted on Jun 25, 2014, 7:23 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Vacancy of ED HR DFCCIL

by Hari Krishan

http://www.dfccil.gov.in/dfccil_app/Careers.jsp#

Posted on Jun 25, 2014, 3:08 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

regd. special CL

by mrityunjaya roy

सर,
रेल्वे की मान्यता प्राप्त यूनियन से है l लास्ट मेसेज में रेल्वे नहीं लिखा था l

Posted on Jun 25, 2014, 10:08 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

aquire knowledge

by Koushik Modak

sir, how become i am an IRPS OFFICER. I have search net but , no clear idea.
please give me some idea regarding IRPS EXAM.. My email id : ipskoushik@gmail.com

Posted on Jun 25, 2014, 9:37 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Find more forums on Service OrganizationsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Indian Railway Personnel Officers & visitors are welcome to express their views