repost from deleted string below

by by middleAgedFan! (no login)

I just watched this documentary again- what a special and provocative film. if there is one thing (and there are so many more) that can be gleaned, is that in what could likely be a once in a lifetime experience for these magically talented little girls, they could bring with them, not rejection or jealousy or regret (things a 10 year old girl should never feel -let alone a 10 year old in Annie! ANY part in Annie!), but joy, that extraordinary bonding that only exists between pre-adolescent girls, confidence, all those things that they'll need as strong and vibrant women. As a profoundly untalented 12 year old, xmas of 1977 (a perfect storm!) transfixed from the first horns, from Andrea Mcardle walking on to the stage (she was a such a STAR), to the curtain, that magic transformed me....well, I'm guessing we all love this show, and the girls (YOUR girls). I hope they can all OWN their experience. When I look at the clips on this site - the pure joy and love of life bursting from all these little people, the almost unimaginable (for the rest of us!) talent - the pure joy of being alive and being a little girl, open hearted and pure. God, you wish you could just bottle that.

Posted on Mar 8, 2008, 11:00 AM
from IP address 69.230.80.225

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast