Annie's return to Broadway!

by Ophelia (no login)

The Annie event at Barnes & Noble was a great thrill. I feel so fortunate to have been there and share in the many special moments. Congratulations and thanks again to Julie for making it all possible. And happy birthday, Julie - though it’s you who has really given the gift this week!

(and thanks Chrissy for also making sure I got a seat!)

I enjoyed hearing all the stories, new and old, from the orphans and Charles Strouse. John Bolton did a great job moderating, too. In some ways I felt like I was crashing a family reunion – which it was! From the outside looking in, I was really touched by the connection all the women feel for each other, in addition to Mr. Strouse and other Annie folks in attendance with whom you had worked with years ago.

And speaking of connections, as if seeing the many orphans wasn’t enough, it was so neat for me to have other parts of my life intersect at this Annie reunion. I was so excited to meet Kristen Vigard, who I watched on my soap opera years ago, same with Martha Byrne (different soap!). Then I got to meet Jessica Smith, my one time pen pal, and show her the letter she wrote me in 1981. I didn’t even know of her Annie connection until I saw the cast lists when I found this site!

The performances were great, and great fun. And having Emma Rowley sing at the end was poignant. What I witnessed was Emma not taking the microphone, but the torch that was passed to her from Julie and the other ladies who later got up to stand beside her.

When I think about it…there was so much happening in that room in a rather short period of time. So many emotions, tributes, turning points, therapy & healing, new & renewed friendships…

Julie – congratulations again! I don’t think the event could have gone any better.

(Hope that DVD sales did well, too!)

Posted on Mar 22, 2008, 7:22 PM
from IP address 72.88.165.31

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast