Finally watched "LAT"

by Ned (no login)

My DVD came yesterday, and I rushed home to watch it while the kids were sleeping and my wife was working on an English assignment. I certainly was not disappointed. While watching it I realized that Julie and Gil captured the joy and the poignancy and the trials as well as the loss of innocence of some of the "Annie Orphans." The film also showed how the experience of "Annie" helped to shape their lives.

The editing and pacing allowed me to share vicariously many of the emotions that the women shared about. The compilation of the still photos and videos was ingenious. It brought back many of my own "Annie" memories. When "Annie" came out, my Sunday School teacher loaned me the LP, and I was hooked for life. I sang along with Andrea until my voice changed and I needed to move it down an octave. It was great fun to see Kristi and Mary K. and Theda and some of the others after all these years and to hear their reminiscing. We watched the original "Annie" movie the other day, so it was very timely to hear April and Rosanne talking about their experiences filming the movie at 2:00 am. Perhaps I'll share some more impressions later, but these are my initial thoughts.

Congratulations to Julie and Gil for a moving and enlightening documentary! It was certainly worth the wait to see it.

Ned

Posted on Mar 23, 2008, 11:58 PM
from IP address 121.55.236.104

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast