Kate and Allie memories

by Jon Merrill (no login)

I remember when Allison sang "Goodbye to You" the former hit song by Scandal featuring Patty Smyth, and she did a terrific job!

The Smiths invited me to New York for a couple of tapings, and it was interesting to see how a sitcom episode is put together. The first one was when Martha Byrne played a very sophisticated classmate of Jennie's who was a bad influence on her and made her smoke and shoplift. It was nice to be there for that one, because then I got to meet Martha for the first time too.

The day before I was scheduled to go was (and still is) the coldest day recorded since the early 1940s in New York City, and I was hoping it would warm up the next day so I wouldn't have to travel into the city in such adverse conditions. Fortunately, it did warm up considerably after that one historic day that practically shut life down in the city (January 21, 1985) and all went well.

The second taping was the next season when Jennie was sexually harassed by her boss at work. Brian Bloom was attending that taping too (his studio at As The World Turns was next door), and that was the period where he and Allison were joined at the hip socially. I think that was when I also met Ari Meyers. Unfortunately, I never did meet Jane or Susan.

Posted on Mar 26, 2008, 12:59 PM
from IP address 205.188.116.72

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast