Introducing ....

by breibren (no login)

I am from the East Coast and a mother of two children, a girl age 9 and boy, soon to be 5. It seems like I have ALWAYS been an Annie fan. I remember recieving an autographed photo from Andrea McArdle when she was in Annie.

I found this board about 3 years ago right before the first Annie auditions in NYC. My daughter was 6 and someone had e-mailed me about her auditioning for Annie. I only had a week to decide when I found out about the auditions and Julie was so kind to offer very knowledgable information. I got as much information as possible and decided to give it a go. My daughter really wanted to go. The audition proces was the most positive experience for my daughter. With no voice lessons, she made the cut from the 585 or so to the 200 cut. The dancing was way above her head, but the memories she has, the friends she has made and friends I made were priceless. We both keep in touch with many wonderful people we have met. Because of other commitments and family she has not gone to any of the other Annie auditions in NYC.

Most recently she auditioned for Annie at a community theatre 45 minutes from our home. She is so excited because the director told her she was definately getting a callback. She told me how she really wants to be Tessie, but any orphan role (main or background) would be happy with her. Every opportunity to audition is a learning experience. She has also seen the National tour 6 times. She loves musical theater but is well rounded being involved in sports, dance , school events and loves to volunteer at the local hospital on holidays serving meals and going to nursing homes to sing.

As for myself, I am a gymnastic coach. I have been doing this for the past 25 years, at least. It is a very rewarding job and has given me the oppurtunity to travel all over the United States and 12 different countries.

Posted on Mar 28, 2008, 6:00 AM
from IP address 68.54.134.7

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast