Hi from Guam

by Ned (no login)

I fell in love with "Annie" when my Sunday School teacher loaned me the OBC album after he and his wife went to the show sometime in 1977. I didn't see the show for myself until 1979 with Mary K. Lombardi, Norwood Smith, Ruth Kobart and Kristi Coombs. Loved it. I saw two more of the touring companies. My family lived in PA and couldn't afford Broadway at that point. I was disappointed with the "Annie" movie because of missing songs and plot changes, although I enjoyed seeing Aileen Quinn perform live in my hometown in a benefit. I followed the evolution of the sequel and saw "Annie 2: Miss Hannigan's Revenge" in DC before it closed and never went to Broadway. It later went on to become "Annie Warbucks," which I saw in NYC during its run. I also saw the 20th Anniversary Tour with Brittny and the 30th Anniversary Tour with Marissa. I enjoyed the Disney version of "Annie" mainly because of the participation of Audra McDonald and Andrea McArdle, two of my all-time favorites.

I married at 37 while I was a missionary in Ecuador. Now my wife and I live in Guam and work at a small Bible college which trains men and women from all over the Pacific rim. I teach English and ministry courses. We have two children (4 and 2). I'm still waiting for a production of "Annie" to come to Guam. Perhaps I could play Daddy Warbucks. I'm bald enough for it. HA! But I haven't acted since I did and outdoor production of "West Side Story" back in 1994.

I have really enjoyed celebrating my love for "Annie" through this forum. I learn so much from all of you. Thanks to Julie and everyone else. God bless you.

Ned

Posted on Mar 31, 2008, 7:25 AM
from IP address 121.55.236.104

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast