Boston

by K-the-O ;-) (no login)

LOL I read it quickly and thought it said 'son'. Sorry about that!

There are fun tourist-y things to do in Boston proper. The duck boats. The Freedom Trail (historical tour), which is a walking tour. The Isabella Gardner Stewart Museum. Coply Place is a nice area to shop. The Museaum of Fine Arts. All this is accessible by public transportation called "The T".

Restaurants are aplenty. Check out The North End for GREAT Italian food. Do not drive there, though! LOL There is nowhere to park but again, you can get there by T.

The South End, next to Copley Place is also known for their restaurants.

They could go to the top of the Prudential or Hancock for a nightime view of the city. I think the restaurant is on top of the Pru but you can go to the observatory of either building. I'm pretty sure that's back up and running. I know they closed it after 9/11.

Go to www.boston.com and they'll find lots of touristy/non-touristy things to do.

Old Fan mentioned Rhode Island. If they drive down to Newport (two/three hours from Boston?) they could go to the mansions. Just do a search on Newport Mansions and you'll know what I mean

Hope this helps!

Posted on Apr 12, 2008, 8:34 AM
from IP address 72.70.68.223

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast