Another suggestion

by Rachel (no login)

I don't know what your boss and his SO are into but I went to school in Boston for four years and one of the best things I did in my entire time there was take a drive to Concord, MA. It is the area where the transcendentalists congregated and it has the homes of Louisa May Alcott, Ralph Waldo Emerson, etc. They have all been made into museums now. I went to the Alcott house since I love "Little Women" and you can stand in the same exact room where she Louisa wrote the book and look out the same window, etc. They even have a room where May (the sister who was the inspiration for the character of Amy) drew all over the walls.

There is a rich history associated with Boston with regards to obviously the tea party but also the Battle of Bunker Hill, Paul Revere, etc. If they are history buffs, I'd recommend walking the Freedom Trail. There are tours that go to 16 historical sites associated mostly with the Revolution.

A Red Sox game at Fenway Park is also a good activity but I doubt they'll be able to get reasonably priced tickets. They traditionally sell out every seat to every home game before the season starts.

Hope this helped!

Rachel

Posted on Apr 12, 2008, 5:17 PM
from IP address 98.14.121.92

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast