You're Welcome!

by Patti (no login)

Admission to the magnet program is by audition only. I believe they are going on right now at the various middle schools. My youngest (14) has opted not to audition and to go to the high school in our district (Walton, in East Cobb), so I'm not sure of the details. I do know if they are selected for "company" (elite group of triple-threat performers) there is a mandatory summer camp before school starts. Cobb county schools are generally very good, but do your research because some areas are much better than others. Pebblebrook is not in the best area and is rated rather poorly, but the magnet is kind of a "school w/in a school" and most kids in that program are self-motivated and take higher level classes. My daughter did well there and went on to excell in college. She is now starting a marketing/pr career and I think her theater background has helped her alot, even tho she's not pursuing the stage anymore. If you're looking for the best in academics, Walton is the highest rated school in the county. They also have a fine theater dept that puts on several dramas and at least one major musical each year. The choral programs there are also excellent.
Good luck w/your decisions!

Posted on Apr 16, 2008, 6:30 AM
from IP address 205.188.116.72

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast