I Think....:-)

by Zaneeta (no login)

I personally love when a cast of orphans finds that place in which the dance is perfectly polished, and yet it looks spontaneous and fun. It's something that is very hard to do, and I believe it takes a skilled actress to do so. Personally, I love the original Broadway cast more than any other. Mind you, I did not actually see this cast perform in person, but judging from the videos, I thought they were perfect. I thought that their dance technique was natural, and their smiles were real. In recent tours, I sometimes feel that the girls "go through the motions" so to speak. I agree with some of you when it was said that the magic was lost...I think a bit of the show disappeared, and it may not be found again. That original charm has been lost for me, but maybe not for everyone. I still enjoy the show, but I find it to be rather "fake" nowadays. Especially with the way some of the lines and delivered and the way some actors are asked to move onstage...well, that's it for me! LOL. Long message for such a small question...

Posted on May 1, 2008, 1:59 PM
from IP address 70.121.110.111

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast