Martin

by Julie Stevens (no login)

Maryanne:

While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, this board may not be the most appropriate place for such harsh criticism of Martin. Since none of us were there when the firings happened, we can only speculate as to why Martin did not deliver the news himself. I can say with certainty, though, that there was nothing "creepy" about Martin or the way he treated any of the children - in terms of putting us on his lap. In fact, I can't ever remember a time I sat on his lap or felt anything but fatherly affection from him as a child. Your impressions of his "power" at auditions is somewhat accurate - Martin did run them and was the prominent decision maker, from our perspective as children. We were praised by him, cut by him, and given the job by him, so he played a very significant part in all of our lives and careers. The same would be true for most of the adult cast members that I spoke to after "Life After Tomorrow" came out - they all credited Martin with giving them their first job, helping them get their Equity card, and giving them an opportunity of a lifetime.

So whatever your impression of him may be after seeing "Life After Tomorrow," just know that we are all still grateful to Martin for the opportunity he gave us, regardless of how he comes across.

Julie

Posted on May 1, 2008, 11:27 PM
from IP address 69.230.76.88

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast