It Factor

by Anyone (no login)

A few years ago (I forget how many- maybe 7 or so??), Daisy was in a reality t.v. show on Bravo called "The It Factor". It was about 12 struggling actors in NYC trying to make it and followed all of them around to things like auditions, singing/acting lessons, their day jobs, etc. I really felt badly for her in that she was so successful so early but then really could not get very much as an adult. I remember she went for a cookie commercial to be aired in Japan and there were like 200 people at the audition and even she commented on how she can not even get a cookie commercial!!

A sidenote: Godfried was on that series as well and booked his 7-Up gig during the taping. He became the spokesman for 7-Up for a while which was majorly lucrative.

The show was soooo interesting. They showed one actor who was finishing up a 3 or 4 year Masters program studying the craft of thespianship (is that a word?) so intensely and seriously and then um going for a paint commercial and working at Subway during the day.

It made me realize I am soooo glad I do not to have to deal with the competitiveness and the rejection that are so inherent in the industry. I'd never ever want to be an actor and have to deal with that.

The show in the second season went to L.A. and followed less actors - something like 8 so they could concentrate more on fewer.. but it was a lot less interesting in LA and the actors chosen seemed less interesting and the show never continued beyond the second season. Pity, because it was so fascinating.

Posted on May 12, 2008, 7:51 PM
from IP address 64.131.190.96

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast