The word I'll never forget...

by RLS (no login)

So, here in America, "Bloody" isn't really a word we say, at least not where I live... And it's deffinately not used as the bad word that I know it is in England... I think that Americans view this as a funny British word that really means nothing important or bad. We know they use it as a bad word, but can't figure out why? Though truthfully, I'm not really sure what it means...

ANYHOW... I'll never forget that when I was in high school my best friend had moved to the US a few years before from England. We went to the same church and her father worked as the administive assistant for the pastor of the church... Well, one day he decided to tell a story during his sermon about something that had happened between the two of them during the week prior. I have no idea at all now what that even was but I just remember the pastor saying blah, blah, blah, bloody blah, blah, blah.... The church laughed while my friend and her entire family just sat there with their jaws on the floor... Later, she explained that it was this horrible swear word and that he had just insulted her father very badly.

Posted on May 22, 2008, 8:01 PM
from IP address 72.224.93.226

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast