Negavitiy

by CindyS (no login)

I think everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and I really haven't found anything that was over the top critical. My main criticism lies with the orchestrations and direction of the lyrics. As a music teacher, I am often critical of anything musical and just find that the girls are singing very militant like, with a lot of emphasis on consonants. Nothing seems legato in the group numbers and the phrasing seems way off. But, again, I'm sure it was the way it was directed.

I'm also very partial to anything July does as my dd was July in two separate equity productions. In one she got to sing July's lines, and in another she sang with another orphan (I think Pepper). I just don't like it when July speaks her lyrics in Never Fully Dressed. My feeling is that if a child is pro enough to have been cast in a major production, then she's pro enough to handle the role in all aspects.

The soloists, however, are very good, but I still don't care for the orchestratons. There is nothing like pure instrumentation without any kind of synthesizing.

Again, just my opinion, but God bless everybody's hard work.

Posted on May 30, 2008, 3:10 PM
from IP address 64.12.116.72

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast