Tonys

by Rachel (no login)

I had press credentials to photograph the red carpet and media room. I did the entire red carpet but left the media room early because I was in the photography lounge where the winners just come and pose for four shots and then leave. I wasn't in the room where people ask them questions and stuff. I have a visitor in from out of town and I have to go to work tomorrow and the only presumptive/eventual winner I wanted to get a photo of was Patti LuPone and I knew her category would be very late (and it was).

I actually took a picture for y'all - I saw Tom Meehan on the red carpet, representing "Young Frankenstein" presumably - and snapped a candid although he didn't pose. It will probably take a few days for me to be able to sift through what I have and see if it's worth posting as I'm swamped but I'll try.

As for the telecast, I watched most of it on TV at home like everyone else. Patti was even better than when I saw her live. I was in the media room when it was on live and people were giving her a standing ovation and screaming from inside the media room. I just saw this production of "South Pacific" and it is jaw-droppingly stunning and Paulo Szot does so much justice to "Some Enchanted Evening," one of the great songs of musical theatre. The new musicals seemed like a mixed bag (I saw "Xanadu" a long time ago and hated it but I am positively head over heels in love with Cheyenne Jackson) but "In the Heights" seems fun and different.

Rachel

Posted on Jun 15, 2008, 10:50 PM
from IP address 98.14.120.125

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast