random thoughts

by Julie Stevens (no login)

I had no idea that Eden Espinoza had gone into "Rent."

I had no idea that Robin de Jesus (from the movie, "Camp") was on Broadway in "In The Heights."

I'm thankful we didn't have to see a clip of Clay Aiken in "Spamalot" or Taylor Hicks in "Grease," although, American Idol finalist, Tamyra Gray, was spotted in a group number from "Rent."

I missed my friend, Jesse Martin, in the "Rent" reunion (he says he's had enough of them) but I loved singing along with Seasons of Love.

Did anyone else think the nominated lead from "Sunday In The Park With George," Jenna Russell, had an average voice?

I have no idea how "Xanadu" could be up for any kind of award.

I think anyone listening to Faith Prince sing at this award show might wonder why she continues to get leading roles in musicals (sorry Faith).

It was disheartening to see 3 contestants from the reality show, "You're The One Than I want" on Broadway - the two leads in "Grease" and another finalist in "Hairspray."

How could Mario Lopez be on Broadway? Unreal.

Did anyone else feel a bit queasy when Brooke Shields started off an introduction by saying, "Every time I come back to Broadway..."?

Has anyone who played Mama Rose on Broadway NOT been nominated for a Tony?

Anyone else excited about the movie version of "Mama Mia"? Gotta love Meryl Streep!

Posted on Jun 15, 2008, 11:46 PM
from IP address 69.230.76.88

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast