I think it's from Belguim

by Alex (no login)

Hi Julie,

I can't be sure but I think it comes from Belguim. The video description is in Dutch, according to Wiki one of Belguim's official languages and I understand a little Dutch.

The description talks about how in 1977, the red-haired orphan Annie, stole everyone's hearts with the Broadway classics 'Tomorrow' and 'Hard Knock Life' and five years later a film was made. I believe this is some background for viewers.

The description then says that a Flemish (Vlamms in Dutch) production is now being prepared. Marijn Devalck, Sasha Rosen and Steve Beirnaert, the producers, I think, have started looking for a really good young actress to play the leading role. There are 350 candidates who have to prove that they can sing, dance and act at the same time.

As to how old it is, the video was posted very recently, as you say, and in the film they sing Een Zwaar Bestaan. This was Hard Knock Life in the Dutch version of Annie 2005/7 and they use the same lyrics, which are completely different to the lyrics from the 1997 production in the same area.

I'm not sure, of course, it's just a theory. We'll have to look out for a Flemish version of Annie.

Alex

Posted on Jul 5, 2008, 6:16 AM
from IP address 217.42.225.146

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast