LOL

by K-the-O ;-) (no login)

I wrote why I didn't go in some thread below

I think by "dated" he meant the story just didn't hold up i.e. wasn't socially relevant; that the punch lines are no longer funny, the Hooverville scene isn't needed, the show drags, etc.

I don't agree with him because because I think when the original script is altered to TRY to be "modern" that is when you have a flop e.g. Annie20th
I also think this show is produced too often and it does get 'old'. I think Charnin should have waited for Annie40th and skipped the 30th. Then he should have stuck to the original rather than sanitizing it.

As for the orphans in the Reagle production, I'm not really sure how it was staged. I'm guessing the extra orphans came in just for the musical numbers and probably didn't have names or lines. But I really don't know. Each production handles the extra orphans differently. Personally, I don't like it when there are extra kids. It usually means chaos on stage - in the sense that it's over-crowded and it's distracting.

Posted on Jul 20, 2008, 11:26 AM
from IP address 71.162.102.251

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast