Re: Any Videos of . . .

by KW (no login)

I looked for ages trying to find a bootleg of Andrea as Fantine everywhere and anywhere and it does not exist. She was in it in 1994 and that was a bit before bootlegging really boomed. She was my favorite Fantine ever.. the first I saw and I saw Les Mis over 25 times.
I never heard Alexis sing Castle on a Cloud from when she was YC, but she sang it on Andrea's "On Broadway" album and in my humble opinion, it was before her voice blossomed I guess. She didn't sound the best on it.. she sounded like any ordinary kid in the world who could just barely carry a tune. I assumed she improved greatly by the time she got to be in Les Mis because I can not imagine her performing sounding as she did on that album. Not that she was ear piercingly horrible, but she was definitely not sounding Broadway caliber or of caliber to be on a professional album at that time.

I am going to try to go Maine to see Les Mis in September .. just to see Andrea and curious to see Alexis's performance as well. Tickets are only $55 but airfare isn't cheap.

But, as someone said there was an Entertainment Tonight piece on You Tube that was quite lengthy showing Andrea in rehearsals (being taught and going through the locket part in Lovely Ladies) and showing her performing I Dreamed a Dream on stage in costume (not sure if that was during a performance or rehearsal) and some interview footage with her then too.

Posted on Jul 20, 2008, 9:21 PM
from IP address 64.131.190.96

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast