my advice

by Julie Stevens (no login)

Tina:

Often when things seem too good to be true, there is a reason. As Kim Ryan mentioned, girl groups are a dime a dozen out here and any producer that is making you promises like that should be considered suspicious. The record industry is in very bad shape and there hasn't been a top-selling girl group in years. I see ads for these groups all the time on the casting boards and I think it is an excuse for older men to be around young girls, to be honest.

I think the best advice you could give to your daughter would be to finish school, go to college, and pursue music on her own, if that is her passion. There are more solo artists discovered from their My Space pages and performing out live than ever before. The ONLY way to make money in the music industry anymore is to write your own songs and own the publishing. So, I would recommend that your daughter study piano or guitar and start writing her own songs.

Please do your due diligence and ask this producer for his credentials and how he even got your daughter's headshot before you fly to California and expose your daughter to a complete stranger.

Julie

Posted on Aug 3, 2008, 11:33 AM
from IP address 69.230.83.158

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast